Sheraton Vistana Villages - Your reviews, tips & ratings

Thanks for the replies, I think when/if we are staying off property I will just continue to shop around for the best deal at the moment through each regular membership discounts(Marriot, Wyndham etc). I thought $149/night during February vacation week was a pretty decent deal compared to some others so that is why we booked Vistana Villages, plus the extra Bonvoy member promotion going on at the time as well. I've been to resorts where I've experience both very pushy sales attempts and some that you just have to respectfully decline once and you get left alone (all stays on just whatever best price is availabe, I've never done a special price in exchange for agreeing to a presentation because I know that we have no intentions of buying.

I received one of these offers and accepted it after being promised there is no timeshare presentation. Any tips on the best area of the resort to stay? Best way to travel to the parks? We will have a car and probably travel at some point this summer.

I received one of these offers and accepted it after being promised there is no timeshare presentation. Any tips on the best area of the resort to stay? Best way to travel to the parks? We will have a car and probably travel at some point this summer.
We just spend a wonderful week at Vistana Villages. We only had one down day to spend around the resort but had a little time some evenings there as well. It is a great place, I'm not sure what parks you intend to visit, this trip for us was Discovery Cove, Seaworld, Busch, and Aquatic, but I think it is a great location in between all the parks. I could possibly see Universal being a bit of a pain as you'd have to get onto I-4 or go all the way up I-drive but it seemed like the perfect location if one was trying to do Seaworld parks and Disney (which we never do because of the cost benefit of alternating years for each). For Seaworld and Disney you can easily get to both within minutes and avoid the typical I-4 and I-4 ramp traffic backups.

As far as what area of the resort, it all looked nice. I will repeat what others have said and say that the Key West section is a bit removed and seemed much quieter then the rest, but if you have kids that will want to swim you will probably want to try to be closer to either the main pool, or the kids pool if your kids are younger. We requested (and got) a room in building 23 and were perfectly situated almost exactly halfway between the two bigger pools and far enough away from each to be fairly quiet. The only problem at all I would mention being in #23 was that we ended up having to park a ways away from the entry on the nights we were out later at the parks.

We just spend a wonderful week at Vistana Villages. We only had one down day to spend around the resort but had a little time some evenings there as well. It is a great place, I'm not sure what parks you intend to visit, this trip for us was Discovery Cove, Seaworld, Busch, and Aquatic, but I think it is a great location in between all the parks. I could possibly see Universal being a bit of a pain as you'd have to get onto I-4 or go all the way up I-drive but it seemed like the perfect location if one was trying to do Seaworld parks and Disney (which we never do because of the cost benefit of alternating years for each). For Seaworld and Disney you can easily get to both within minutes and avoid the typical I-4 and I-4 ramp traffic backups.

As far as what area of the resort, it all looked nice. I will repeat what others have said and say that the Key West section is a bit removed and seemed much quieter then the rest, but if you have kids that will want to swim you will probably want to try to be closer to either the main pool, or the kids pool if your kids are younger. We requested (and got) a room in building 23 and were perfectly situated almost exactly halfway between the two bigger pools and far enough away from each to be fairly quiet. The only problem at all I would mention being in #23 was that we ended up having to park a ways away from the entry on the nights we were out later at the parks.

We are scheduled to stay at Vistana Villages the first week of April - this is our first time staying here, so I am excited! However, I have seen some negative reviews on Trip Advisor involving the WIFI at the Vistana properties and was hoping that you could share your experience? We will not be going to any parks this trip, so WIFI will be an important factor to us - especially in the evenings to stream movies. Can you tell me if you noticed any issues with poor WIFI? Thanks in advance!

We are scheduled to stay at Vistana Villages the first week of April - this is our first time staying here, so I am excited! However, I have seen some negative reviews on Trip Advisor involving the WIFI at the Vistana properties and was hoping that you could share your experience? We will not be going to any parks this trip, so WIFI will be an important factor to us - especially in the evenings to stream movies. Can you tell me if you noticed any issues with poor WIFI? Thanks in advance!
We didn't notice either way. We had no major need for WIFI beyond just everyday tasks on our phones and all would have just switch over to LTE if there was a connection issue. I can tell you that we did all connect to the resort WIFI upon arrival and we never specifically noticed any issues but not sure that we would have.

Hello! We bought a special promotion (4 nights) at this resort, but they gave very few details about the reservation. Any one take advantage of the promo recently that could chime in about what room type they got? We check in on a Sunday, 2 adults 2 children and 1 infant. Anything in particular at the resort that we absolutely should not miss?

I also just got a promotional rate for this resort.

Since I'm traveling with a friend, having two sleeping surfaces is preferable. Has anyone ever use the sofa bed and is it comfortable? It appears that it's either use the sofa bed or upgrade (for another $200) to a two-bedroom. We are going to be traveling for a Disney race weekend so being comfortable and getting some quality sleep is kind of important to us.

They are sofa beds, like most others. If a comfortable rest is needed, it's worth it. That upgrade is cheaper than a second room at a cheap motel.

We've finally got our promo room (originally purchased in spring 2022!) booked for next month. I'm hoping that someone has stayed there recently and might be able to answer these questions:

1. We have a two-bedroom booked and would like to be near all of the amenities (restaurant, fitness center, a good pool/hot tub). Where should we ask to stay? (Buildings 1, 2 and 5 on their map look like maybe the best options)

2. How crazy stupid are the prices for general provisions (easy breakfast stuff, grab and go meal) at the Marketplace?

3. If we are using an Uber, can they pick up at our building or is there a gate/special place that we need to meet them? Due to pricing, we may not get a car at the airport (it is $400 more) and may be using an Uber to pick up a car the next morning.

We've finally got our promo room (originally purchased in spring 2022!) booked for next month. I'm hoping that someone has stayed there recently and might be able to answer these questions:

1. We have a two-bedroom booked and would like to be near all of the amenities (restaurant, fitness center, a good pool/hot tub). Where should we ask to stay? (Buildings 1, 2 and 5 on their map look like maybe the best options)

2. How crazy stupid are the prices for general provisions (easy breakfast stuff, grab and go meal) at the Marketplace?

3. If we are using an Uber, can they pick up at our building or is there a gate/special place that we need to meet them? Due to pricing, we may not get a car at the airport (it is $400 more) and may be using an Uber to pick up a car the next morning.
Hello - we stayed there in April & it was very nice!
I can only help with #1 - We stayed in building 5 & it was perfect! A short walk across the bridge to all the action.
We brought our own food & drink for the room & pool. We had a car so not sure on Uber.
Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!