"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *COMPLETE 1/5*

I always get the Mickey pretzels but I've never had one from Germany. Do they taste any different? They look delicious and huge!

Okay, confession time (and I know this opinion will not be very popular): we weren't blown away

I loved it the first time we went and DH didn't, the last time DH loved it and I didn't. This time we have no ADR's for it.

I think people hype the pizza up a little too much. It's good pizza and really good pizza in comparison to some of the other pizza choices on Disney property. But if you live the Northeast, you can get pizza like that in a lot of places. BUT I do like Via Napoli!

Now, this may make not a lot of sense considering the aforementioned JUMBO pretzels, but then it was time for our ADR in Italy! :rotfl:

Wow! All the carbs! Best day ever! :)

Aaannddd...crap. It is at this point that I am suddenly realizing that our pictures from these meets are nowhere to be found! :sad::sad: I'm going to do some looking, and hopefully I will find them. :sad:

Oh no! I'm sure your photos were adorable. Hopefully you locate them. I often FP this meet too. So fun :)

I always get the Mickey pretzels but I've never had one from Germany. Do they taste any different? They look delicious and huge!

They were delicious! I remember thinking that they weren't quite as greasy as some of the pretzels I've had from the snack carts.

Sorry you didn't love Via Napoli! Dang I hope you find your Character Spot pics!

No luck on the pictures so far! :(

Okay, confession time (and I know this opinion will not be very popular): we weren't blown away

I loved it the first time we went and DH didn't, the last time DH loved it and I didn't. This time we have no ADR's for it.

I think it's just a personal preference thing. My experience may have been completely different if I had paid closer attention to what I had actually ordered.:sad2:

I think people hype the pizza up a little too much. It's good pizza and really good pizza in comparison to some of the other pizza choices on Disney property. But if you live the Northeast, you can get pizza like that in a lot of places. BUT I do like Via Napoli!

I think my expectations were too high. But like I said, we didn't have a bad experience, it just wasn't my favorite.

Wow! All the carbs! Best day ever! :)

We were in Disney, after all! :)

Oh no! I'm sure your photos were adorable. Hopefully you locate them. I often FP this meet too. So fun :)

I love this meet and am super bummed that I can't find these pictures. :(

"We Didn't Mean to Leave You in China."
Day 8 Part 3

Hello, all! A month later, and I still have not found those pictures. Once I mentioned it to Mom, we realized that we had actually never seen those pictures. Unfortunately, we are now too far past our download date to get Disney to retrieve them.:sad: Oh, well. Life has been a little crazy as the semester has sped by. We only have about a month left!:confused3 But now I'm back for an update!

When I left off, we had just visited the Character Spot (though rather unsuccessfully). Afterward, we decided to change our Mission:Space FPs to FPs for Nemo. The wait for M:S had been posted at 5 minutes all day, whereas Nemo had been upwards of 25 for most of the day, so we thought this was a good idea (remember this for later).

Then we made our way over to the Disney Pixar Short Film Festival. We all enjoyed it, but we were surprised when the floor/chairs started shaking and moving. Somehow in all our reading we had missed that that was a part of the show, so it caught us off guard!:rotfl: After the Film Festival, we went over to the Disney Visa M&G. Today's characters? Minnie and Pluto!::MinnieMopluto:

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20170603_402522791726
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20170603_402522791727

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20170603_402522791728

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20170603_402522791729

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20170603_402522791730

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20170603_402846639848

When it was time for us to leave, Pluto wanted high-fives. The results were...well...

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20170603_402522791744

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20170603_402522791745

...awkward at best.:rotfl:

After spending some time with Minnie and Pluto, it was time to use our Nemo FPs. Andrea absolutely loves Nemo, so she was excited for this. Everyone enjoyed the ride (and sang "A Big Blue World" for the rest of the day:laughing:). After the ride, Kelsey and I wanted to go see the dolphins for a bit.

IMG_2449

IMG_2454

IMG_3575

I'm not sure whose idea this was (it very easily could have been mine), but Kelsey and I also got a picture with Bruce.

IMG_3634

From there we moved on to get in the standby line for Figment.:figment: I can't really remember anyone's reactions to the ride, but I do know that Kelsey enjoyed the interactive stuff at the end. I'm pretty sure she made her own Figment-dragon and emailed it to her sister just to confuse her.:rotfl:

At this point, Mission:Space's standby was still posted at 5 minutes, so we decided to do that next. Remember how we had a FP and changed it because of that 5 minute wait time? Yeah, well that 5 minute wait time was actually like a 30 minute wait time. :faint: Normally I would not complain about a 30 minute wait, but when you're expecting to wait 5 minutes, 30 feels like an eternity.

IMG_3413

And then, after waiting 30 minutes, none of us were really all that thrilled with the ride. Oh well. :cool:

When we walked outside, it was POURING. I mean torrential downpour rain.

*Side note: Was anyone else in WDW at the end of May 2009? My family was. Orlando got 12 inches of rain that May. 11 1/2 of them fell during the week that we were in Disney. :eek: Yes, you're doing that math correctly. We walked through ankle-deep water in Epcot on that trip.:thumbsup2

Anyways, we pull out our ponchos and trek onward. Of course this was the ONE day out of our entire 2-week trip that I wore my tennis shoes, but it's fine. :cool:

giphy-5.gif

At this point we were all getting hungry again, so we make our way back to WS. Everyone but me wanted food from Mexico, so that was our first stop. Mom got guacamole and chips, and Andrea and Kelsey got nachos and churro bites. We found a table that wasn't completely in the rain so that they could sit and eat. Then, it was onto China so I could eat.

I got orange chicken with rice, and it was so so yummy!

IMG_3414

Once I had finished eating and we were ready to go, I stood up and said, "I'm going to go throw my plate away." When I turned back around, they were gone! :confused: So I rushed outside into the rain, and they were already walking under the archway at the edge of China! :eek: When I caught up with them I said, "You left me!" to which Kelsey responded with "We didn't mean to leave you in China."

:rotfl2:

We soldiered on to Germany in the pouring rain, so we could stop in the caramel shop. Andrea and Kelsey got a chocolate caramel apple, a chocolate caramel strawberry, and a package of assorted candy. Mom and I got a milk chocolate caramel with sea salt and a chocolate caramel strawberry. We wrapped everything up as best we could and put them in our bags to take back to the room.

Then, it was on to France!

200-18.gif

Just in case anyone was wondering, it was, in fact, still pouring.

200-19.gif

Once in France, Kelsey and Andrea stopped at a cart to get Kelsey a crepe with ice cream while Mom and I made our way into the hole-in-the-wall that is L'Artisan de Glaces. We stood and looked at all the glorious ice cream options while waiting for Andrea and Kelsey. Once they met back up with us, I ordered a double scoop of chocolate ice cream, and Mom and Andrea split a brioche ice cream sandwich (theirs was chocolate peanut butter fudge ice cream with candied peanuts).

Holy moly Batman. Everything was absolutely delicious! Honestly, that is probably the best chocolate ice cream I have ever had. It was so rich, though, that I definitely should have just gotten a single scoop.

Once we had finished our treats, we walked back out into the monsoon, still trying to decide if we were going to stay for Illuminations. We asked a CM if it was even still happening with all the rain, and he said that he honestly wasn't sure at that point. So, we decided that we were tired of being freezing and wet and that we didn't want to wait in the rain for a show we weren't even sure was going to happen.

To the front of the park we went! We made it to our bus stop and were back in our rooms a little before 10pm. Everybody took showers, and I iced my feet before we all crawled into bed and passed out.

*Up Next: MK and breakfast with the princesses! princess:

I really want to try the ice cream brioche sandwich in France on our next trip! the Macroon ice cream sandwiches are really good as well! So good! Wish I had one right now!

That stinks that that wait for MS was longer than advertised!

Ugh bummer about the rain :( But you guys soldiered on!

The ice cream in France is sooo delicious!

I really want to try the ice cream brioche sandwich in France on our next trip! the Macroon ice cream sandwiches are really good as well! So good! Wish I had one right now!

Mom and Andrea really enjoyed their brioche sandwich! Though I bet a macaroon one would be really good, too.

i could eat that chicken right now!

I know what you mean! It was so yummy!

That stinks that that wait for MS was longer than advertised!

Ugh bummer about the rain :( But you guys soldiered on!

The ice cream in France is sooo delicious!

If it is going to rain on us, we will most likely be in Epcot. :laughing:

Life has been a little crazy as the semester has sped by. We only have about a month left!:confused3 But now I'm back for an update!

Oh, I feel you there! Keeping head above water. That's what it's about!

When it was time for us to leave, Pluto wanted high-fives. The results were...well...

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20170603_402522791744

EPCOT_VISAMEET_20170603_402522791745

...awkward at best.:rotfl:

Bahaha hilarious pictures!

Remember how we had a FP and changed it because of that 5 minute wait time? Yeah, well that 5 minute wait time was actually like a 30 minute wait time. :faint: Normally I would not complain about a 30 minute wait, but when you're expecting to wait 5 minutes, 30 feels like an eternity.

Uggh worst!

Once I had finished eating and we were ready to go, I stood up and said, "I'm going to go throw my plate away." When I turned back around, they were gone! :confused: So I rushed outside into the rain, and they were already walking under the archway at the edge of China! :eek: When I caught up with them I said, "You left me!" to which Kelsey responded with "We didn't mean to leave you in China."

:rotfl2:

Oh no!!!! Haha that's hilarious though

Sorry you got the monsoon in EPCOT. I usually don't mind the rain so much because I feel it empty's out the park but downpours are not fun. Don't you just love the Karamell Kuche store? They have so many wonderful options. Y'all got some really great treats. Do you ever get the pastries in France? Our last couple of trips we've made a point to stop in there and OMG it's just heavenly.

Oh, I feel you there! Keeping head above water. That's what it's about!

Definitely! I had my last class of the semester yesterday, so now it's on to finals!

200-20.gif

Sorry you got the monsoon in EPCOT. I usually don't mind the rain so much because I feel it empty's out the park but downpours are not fun. Don't you just love the Karamell Kuche store? They have so many wonderful options. Y'all got some really great treats. Do you ever get the pastries in France? Our last couple of trips we've made a point to stop in there and OMG it's just heavenly.

I'm usually fine with the rain, it was just the wet tennis shoes that I wasn't a fan of.:sad2: I love the bakery in France! I used to insist we go at least once every trip, but I was determined to try some new places on this trip.

Definitely! I had my last class of the semester yesterday, so now it's on to finals!

200-20-gif.285790

Ooh good luck! We have one more week and then we're into finals, too.

Hello, friends! Sorry it has been so long since I've posted an update. The end of the semester was kind of crazy, but now I'm officially done and home for Christmas! So let's get on with this TR!

"The One with the Frozen Lemonade"
Day 9

Our Plans:
Cinderella's Royal Table ADR 9am
FP+
Splash
BTMRR
Space

(I think--I accidentally cleared out the calendar on my phone, so I have no idea what the times were
cid:clip_image001.gif
).

Anyways....

This was an early morning for us. We got up and got ready and made it down to the bus stop at 7:05am.
cid:clip_image002.gif

When we got to MK, there were not nearly as many people at bag check as there had been a few days before. Once I got through the bag check line, a security guard stopped me before I walked toward the metal detectors and asked "Are you under 14?"
Seriously? This again?
cid:clip_image003.gif

When I shook my head no, she waved me through the metal detector.

Wait a second...so does that mean that when security guards told me I didn't have to go through the metal detector, it's because they thought I was under 14?
cid:clip_image004.gif

Kelsey got quite the kick out of this.
cid:clip_image005.gif

When we got inside the park, Main Street was EMPTY...just the way we like it.

IMG_3671

It was at this point that we had one of my favorite CM encounters of all time. We were walking down Main Street when a security guard named Anthony asked if we wanted a picture. We said sure, and...

fullsizeoutput_8ac

After he laughed and said "just kidding" he took one of all four of us.

fullsizeoutput_8aa

He also showed us an editing trick that changed our picture from this:

IMG_2463

to this:

fullsizeoutput_8aa

We thanked Anthony and then laughed when we found this on my phone later:

IMG_2460

We had a few minutes, so Kelsey and I had a short photo session on Main Street before going to check in for our ADR.

IMG_3551

IMG_3607

IMG_3632

IMG_3548

This was actually one of my favorite pictures from this trip:

MK_MSATHCLB_20170604_8050663881

MK_MSATHCLB_20170604_8050663888

Then we made our way towards the castle and checked in for our breakfast at CRT! :)

IMG_2466

IMG_2467

IMG_2468

fullsizeoutput_a02

IMG_2474

IMG_2475

Soon, we were inside the castle waiting to get our picture taken with Cinderella. princess:

Now, I know that the CMs have to tell people to move forward, but the CM that was in charge of the picture line that morning took it too far. It was to the point that I wish I had counted how many times she said "Good morning. Please move forward and fill in all the available space." There was a family in front of us in line, and the dad had had enough. He looked at his wife and said "Do you think she would stop telling me good morning if I climbed up and swung off the chandelier and landed on her?" :rotfl:

It was finally our turn to get our picture taken. Cinderella was so sweet!

MK_CRTLOBBYCHAR_20170604_8050671089

MK_CRTLOBBYCHAR_20170604_8050671090

MK_CRTLOBBYCHAR_20170604_402842530534

Then we were taken to our table.:cool1:

IMG_3704

Mom, Kelsey, and I all ordered a traditional breakfast.

IMG_3686

Andrea ordered apple french toast.

IMG_3605

Everything was really yummy! One of my favorite things was the Mickey-shaped blueberry muffin that came on the pastry plate, but everything was absolutely delicious!

The first princess to come around was Snow White.

fullsizeoutput_9cc

I think Jasmine was next, but I really don't know.:laughing:

fullsizeoutput_9b6

We then realized that we should not stand in front of this window because it messed with the lighting in the pictures.

Aurora was next (maybe:rotfl:).

IMG_3592

Andrea was excited when Ariel came around. :)

IMG_3731

IMG_3603

Unfortunately, this particular friend of Ariel was not very...true to her character. I guess maybe it's because we were all adults? Who knows, but we were pretty disappointed. Mom and I were honestly kind of shocked, because in all the years we've been coming to Disney, we have never had anything like that happen.

All in all, though, we had a really nice breakfast in the castle. Then, we were off to Fantasyland!

IMG_3661

So many cute pics in front of the castle!

Sounds like a good breakfast (except for the strange Ariel). Great princess pics!

fullsizeoutput_8ac

After he laughed and said "just kidding" he took one of all four of us.
Too funny.

When we got to MK, there were not nearly as many people at bag check as there had been a few days before. Once I got through the bag check line, a security guard stopped me before I walked toward the metal detectors and asked "Are you under 14?"
Seriously? This again?
cid:clip_image003.gif
Poor thing... You do not look 14!

We thanked Anthony and then laughed when we found this on my phone later:

OMG! How many people do you think he does that to! Hilarious!

This was actually one of my favorite pictures from this trip:

What is it with the photos like this! They totally are the best!

Unfortunately, this particular friend of Ariel was not very...true to her character. I guess maybe it's because we were all adults? Who knows, but we were pretty disappointed. Mom and I were honestly kind of shocked, because in all the years we've been coming to Disney, we have never had anything like that happen.

Love the pic!

Enjoy the holidays.

In my opinion she doesn't even look like her. Thats a shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter