She's Having Deja Vu and Going Back to WDW, a June 2024 WL PTR

So we are at 53 days to go and about all that's left to deal with are park tickets. I have been waiting to see if any particular deal pops up, but am pretty much resigned to ordering the 4 day park hoppers from Undercover Tourist.
p4036052169-4.jpg

Sounds good to me.

But... They came out with the 4 Park Magic Ticket. You get one park per day for four days at a fairly substantial discount. For our trip it would be $1781 for the four of us.
p4036052816-4.jpg

Do you really think you can do one park a day?

No, I can't.

I was just gonna say, you drug me to 3 on our last day.

I really like having the park hopping option, and our ADRs rely on it. That being said, we could technically save just a little bit if we bought single day Epcot passes in addition to our 4 Park Magic tickets. The total would be $2463.95, even with purchasing two "admissions" on our HS / Epcot day. It is mind boggling that that could actually save any money.
p4036051767-4.jpg

I'm still saying no though because it would keep us from park hopping any other day, which would mean only one possible visit to MK.

Yeah no , we cut down the length of the trip compared to what we used to do, so the extra cost of the tickets is made up for by the shorter trip. There I justified it!

Yep. I completely agree. I did however check out one more insane option, which is purchasing 2 day park hoppers and the 3 day 3 Park non-MK ticket for the other days. The cost would wind up being more than the 4 day park hoppers, but what's even worse we would have to deal with two sets of concurrent multi-day tickets. Yuck, I don't even know how they'd deal with that.
p4036051026-4.jpg

We would be at Guest Services every day. No, absolutely not.

Nope, not gonna happen. I finally consoled myself by seeing that even with our planned two days of park hopping we will save money versus buying additional park tickets.
p4036050435-4.jpg

So straight up non-discounted park hoppers aren't that bad compared to trying to take advantage of the single park discounted tickets.

Yep, just buy them. Don't overcomplicate it. Or I'm gonna make you go to the FLorida DMV for a residence pass

Ugh, we had a close friend who actually spent half a day of a Disney vacation doing that. He does not do that any more... So, there it is, if one wants to plan on one park per day they could save quite a bit of money right now, but in order to pack more in to a shorter trip we are sticking with the park hoppers.

Good Boy...

Ticket prices are nuts, aren’t they?! I wasn’t thrilled to drop almost $2500 on three tickets for our family (at least my youngest is free!).

I think you made the right decision, though - it would be a pain in the butt to deal with (and correctly use) multiple tickets for a single trip.

You certainly explored every option! Ticket prices are crazy especially for a family. For a shorter trip I think hoppers are almost necessary. Good choice!

We did a short trip with Dana's sister last Sept and she had the four day $99 ticket. It was tough for us not to park hop because AK is not a full day park for us.

Ticket prices are nuts, aren’t they?! I wasn’t thrilled to drop almost $2500 on three tickets for our family (at least my youngest is free!).

I think you made the right decision, though - it would be a pain in the butt to deal with (and correctly use) multiple tickets for a single trip.
The ticket prices are crazy. It has always been a significant cost, but it used to be less than that for a lot more days. Oh well, we don’t have much choice about it.
I’m glad people don’t think we are crazy for still wanting to park hop, or at least have the option of doing it.

You certainly explored every option! Ticket prices are crazy especially for a family. For a shorter trip I think hoppers are almost necessary. Good choice!
I still haven’t bought anything, but we are convinced it is the best option. I just can’t picture one visit to MK.

We did a short trip with Dana's sister last Sept and she had the four day $99 ticket. It was tough for us not to park hop because AK is not a full day park for us.
Yeah, we would have a problem with each park being “one and done”. We love knowing that we could go back to any park on a whim if we want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter