Shop Disney Masks is it me?

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
Just received the masks I ordered from shop Disney.
We were excitedly to wear rhem for our DVC trip originally planned for August.

I cannot believe how disappointed I am.
There were 2 choices small and large.
I ordered a set of each. The small is at best a kids small.
And to say that the large is too fit a adult male is a joke.
Do not order these unless you want. Cheap mass produced masks that are very small.
They also have a very large tag that covers half of the inside part of mask that goes against the mouth.

These mask are no where near what I expect quality wise from Disney.
Sadly masks ordered online els where were much better quality and cheaper.

I hope that Disney rushed a order and that this is not yest another sign of a decline in Disney products.

Is it just me or do other DVC peeps feel the same way?

Just received the masks I ordered from shop Disney.
We were excitedly to wear rhem for our DVC trip originally planned for August.

I cannot believe how disappointed I am.
There were 2 choices small and large.
I ordered a set of each. The small is at best a kids small.
And to say that the large is too fit a adult male is a joke.
Do not order these unless you want. Cheap mass produced masks that are very small.
They also have a very large tag that covers half of the inside part of mask that goes against the mouth.

These mask are no where near what I expect quality wise from Disney.
Sadly masks ordered online els where were much better quality and cheaper.

I hope that Disney rushed a order and that this is not yest another sign of a decline in Disney products.

Is it just me or do other DVC peeps feel the same way?
I felt the same way too. Sent a message to GS and still haven’t heard anything back! It’s been 4? weeks now 😒

a lot of people complained about the masks - they seem to run extremely small & the sizing is wildly inconsistent. Some have had missing stitching, ear straps not attached, etc.
I would email them as it's definitely a quality control problem.

You need to go back several years in time to expect quality from a Disney vendor (I highly doubt they are Disney made).
In more recent years it’s been about paying the smallest amount possible for crap, then selling at a high end price. This is not only masks that I’m talking about.

It truly pains me to say that, as it was not always this way.

What The big shots are doing to Walt's dream is a shame. Disney has it made cheap and sells high.
My Wife will be very upset if our masks ever do come and they are crap.

Out if the 4 sets I bought and emailed about I got a refund on 1 set in the form of a gift card. Even the mediums are tugging on the ears for my 11 yr old. They are just not made well.

Last edited:
several threads about this on the community board

I wrote to them when I got my first 4 sets (3 mediums and 1 large).
The mediums only fit the 3 year old, not even the 7 year old. The larges fit her and the women, but not the men.
They are sending me the ones I ordered in medium in larges. That will work. I like them and they are cute.
I then ordered the new extra large size for the men.
All are due to ship the 29th.

Regarding the tags: they are extremely easy to remove. At least the ones on my masks (Pixar) were. Just pull them out--it did zero damage to the masks.

Size: I ordered L. Even within the same bag of Pixar masks, the masks are slightly different sizes. But they fit. I'm an adult.

As far as wearing the masks in the heat and humidity? That's a solid no from me. I wear mine right now only for short periods of time. I live in an apartment building, so the masks are convenient for things like getting the mail or going to the laundry room. No way would I wear one of these at a WDW park right now.

As far as wearing the masks in the heat and humidity? That's a solid no from me. I wear mine right now only for short periods of time. I live in an apartment building, so the masks are convenient for things like getting the mail or going to the laundry room. No way would I wear one of these at a WDW park right now.

I cant say this enough these masks are not good inthe heat. I have other masks that are much better that even have filters in them that are easyer to wear and less hot

Several people have reported in the DL forum that they called and were being sent larger masks and they did not have to return the small ones.

Several people have reported in the DL forum that they called and were being sent larger masks and they did not have to return the small ones.

I did that. They said to donate the ones that didn't fit us.
The tags were very easy to remove.....all 4 set we got.
They are replacing my medium ones with larges, but it takes just as long to get them as the first order. Set to ship the 29th....I contacted them on June 26

I was also disappointed. The sizes I ordered were fine. They are also very very cute! However, I found the masks to be heavy. I really thought that Disney of all places, would create and sell masks that were lighter in weight for Florida/California weather. I'll stick to the vendor I found with adjustable ears and two layers of very light weight materials for the hot summer most of us are currently experiencing.

I cant say this enough these masks are not good inthe heat. I have other masks that are much better that even have filters in them that are easyer to wear and less hot

Which ones would that be?

Looked at them when they announced them and immediately dismissed them. The never looked like they'd be good and when Disney merchandise looks poor it's guaranteed it will be. They like big profit margins. The masks were designed to be cute vs effective and quality IMO.

I called and got my money back they didn’t want the tiny ones back. Than I ordered a set of extra large.

I felt the same way. The small was way too small for my children and ripped soon after our purchase....

After reading this thread I'm very glad I didn't buy any of these masks. I decided to just make my own. I was able to purchase some cute Disney fabric, I made for my grandchildren, daughter DIL and myself. I used more adult fabric for the men in my life. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!