Shop Disney Masks is it me?

So we bought some when we were at WDW during the re-opening of the parks. I am frustrated as they only said they had S, M, & L and that the large would fit an adult male. It doesn't, and I'm not some giant faced guy. The face part is fine, but the ear elastic is not nearly long enough and almost pulls my ears to the point I look like an elephant.

That said, the masks themselves are really good. Most people are thinking they are going to be light (and perhaps they could be) but they appear to be triple layer instead of just a double layer and that makes a huge difference.

So we bought some when we were at WDW during the re-opening of the parks. I am frustrated as they only said they had S, M, & L and that the large would fit an adult male. It doesn't, and I'm not some giant faced guy. The face part is fine, but the ear elastic is not nearly long enough and almost pulls my ears to the point I look like an elephant.

That said, the masks themselves are really good. Most people are thinking they are going to be light (and perhaps they could be) but they appear to be triple layer instead of just a double layer and that makes a huge difference.

i bought the large and had the same problem with the ear elastic.

Truly a miss. Tiny, hot & for some reason the RL visual strikes me as rather off-putting. Well, except for the stitch one lol

Did Discover that you can pull/crack the ear loops in several spots to make them fit marginally better.

We bought the Large and they were on back order until last week. We received them Friday and they are too small. As others on this board have suggested I called Shop Disney today. They are sending me a $30 e gift card and do not want the L's back. I asked about getting some XL, but they stated they would not be available until the end of August. We are headed to WDW in Sept, so I will just wait till Sept and if in stock in the parks I will get a set of the XL's. With tax and shipping the original order was 27.xx. If in stock I will use the GC and pick a set up for 16+tax with either my AP or DVC discount. I'll just need to have back-up masks with me.
The shop disney site now has a "measurment" guide online and I would have never ordered the L's to begin with, but that was the largest they and and they claimed it fit adult males. I think they have learned otherwise and added XL and a measurement guide. So it is a step in the right direction, just 2 months too late.

We bought the Large and they were on back order until last week. We received them Friday and they are too small. As others on this board have suggested I called Shop Disney today. They are sending me a $30 e gift card and do not want the L's back. I asked about getting some XL, but they stated they would not be available until the end of August. We are headed to WDW in Sept, so I will just wait till Sept and if in stock in the parks I will get a set of the XL's. With tax and shipping the original order was 27.xx. If in stock I will use the GC and pick a set up for 16+tax with either my AP or DVC discount. I'll just need to have back-up masks with me.
The shop disney site now has a "measurment" guide online and I would have never ordered the L's to begin with, but that was the largest they and and they claimed it fit adult males. I think they have learned otherwise and added XL and a measurement guide. So it is a step in the right direction, just 2 months too late.
No AP/DVC discount on masks, at least not at the moment.

we got ours on Saturday that we ordered back in May. They are way too small for adult males. Neither one of us have freakishly large faces either. The straps basically pull our ears forward and fold them in half. I’m going to be calling them today. We ordered masks from MLB and the NBA and those were both fine. I’m not sure how Disney missed the mark so bad with these

I had ordered 2 packages of the mediums online based on the sizing originally listed. I received them and they were tiny (and not even not all the same size). I emailed Disney twice and finally got a response that credited me account for the cost. I sent the girly masks to my friend with little girls (4 princess and 2 Minnie ones). I still have the 2 more boy-ish (Mickeys) to mail to my cousin who has a little guy who just turned 2, but is a big boy.

I bought 2 in the large size when I was in DTD on Saturday (new styles - Small World and tie dye with Mickey). They fit, but I have other masks that are more comfortable. I will wear them, but they still seem kind of small for being larges. I may work on stretching them a little bit. Oh and yes, they were not the same size despite both being larges (close, but the tie dye definitely had slightly longer ear loops).

masks finally came but only the wife can use them and they are a little tight around the ears.

If you have a sewing machine I would suggest cutting off the ear elastic and sewing on a new piece that fits you better. Pretty easy to do if you can get your hands on some elastic. I had to buy my elastic on line because no stores were open, it took well over a month to receive because of the high demand when this all started. Not sure how things are now. Good luck everyone!

I have been trying to call ”Shop Disney for 2 weeks using phone number from website 800-328-0368 and no matter what day or time I call I just get a recording “sorry we missed your call....then gives hours to call. I have also emailed them 3x and have received no response.
I have 3 sets of masks at $19.99 per set plus tax and shipping that don’t fit way too small!!!
has anyone been able to reach them???

I have been trying to call ”Shop Disney for 2 weeks using phone number from website 800-328-0368 and no matter what day or time I call I just get a recording “sorry we missed your call....then gives hours to call. I have also emailed them 3x and have received no response.
I have 3 sets of masks at $19.99 per set plus tax and shipping that don’t fit way too small!!!
has anyone been able to reach them???

what email address did you use?

people who complain on twitter are told to email:
Personal.shoppers@shopdisney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter