Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

Epic fail on the Gift Basket. The store doesn't have them in yet. I asked about getting a raincheck for the AM and the CS rep said the items on the inner pages are reg items and the AM will still apply later. Ya right! Decided to do a $10 shop. Went to get Red Rose tea which is on sale and a woman right ahead of me got the last box. I'll try for that again tomorrow.

Thanks for trying
Hugs
Mel

List of coupon codes, how they appear on receipts and eventually post to accounts
  • Metro Catering coupon: works for hot food from the deli. "Metro Catering 50" prints on the receipt
  • Sobeys - promo 6 "Shop the block x miles" printed on receipt
  • Rona for Lepage's construction glue Printed on the receipt Bonus Code#1058=20 Airmiles
  • Shell gas : Promo 940 "5 Miles - Shop the Block Fuel Offer" prints on receipt
  • Shell in-store : Promo 939 prints on receipt

I just came back from Shell. I cut out the "Spend $10 on almost anything in-store get 5 bonus miles" and gave that coupon to the cashier, along with a $25 LCBO gift card. The receipt only shows 2 miles while I expected 5 or 7 if the in-store offer stacked with the STB coupon.

However! The receipt says Promo 940 on it instead of Promo 939. I saw him scan the coupon I gave him. We double-checked that I gave him the correct coupon and I did. I was going to purchase 2 more $25 LCBO gift cards, one on my husband's and one on my daughter's, but I decided not to for a few days and see what is happening online.

Has anyone done the Shell opt in then Get 25 L of gas? Do the miles/coupon code show on the receipt?

Has anyone done the Shell opt in then Get 25 L of gas? Do the miles/coupon code show on the receipt?

Hi Cari
I used a coupon from the booklet.I had her scan the coupon even though I Opted in.
I just did the opt in get 25 L of gas get 5 airmiles ,,,,and this is what my receipt says
*PROMO 90*
I bought 3 diet coke get 10 airmiles
1 package of Maynards candy
My total for gas and cokes and candy was $45.33
Total airmiles given says 21
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

**Airmiles for L.C.B.O posted in my account Nov 15. (one day after shop).
14 Nov 19
LCBO
MEADOWVALE TOWN CTRSTANDARD OFFER+1
14 Nov 19
LCBO
MEADOWVALE TOWN CTRAMARULA CREAM+20

Hugs
Mel

I'm just back as well.

Shell, used coupon for gas paid in-store and only received 1 airmile and no promo code. Cashier assured me he scanned it, I heard a "beep" and saw him do it and after a lengthy discussion on whether he can tell on his screen when they scan ok (he can't), checking that I gave him the correct coupon etc., he told me none have been working for him today. I haven't opted in so I'll try that next.

Lowes, purchased the construction adhesive 295ml. Correct sku is on the receipt but no sign of any airmiles etc. If I recall correctly this was the case last year but they were "pretty fast" to post.
From 2018 STB thread "Lowes --no miles on receipt but miles posted (no StB notification but proper amount) "

Metro,
Baskets, mine has quite a few gift baskets, I'm sure they will get more based on past years' inventory. The only ones labelled at my store with 20 airmiles were the $34.99 size and weren't my favourite so decided not to purchase (I was only going to buy if I really liked something). There were quite a few Laura Secord, large nut baskets (not irresistible ) $50, Nestle mugs, teapot sets, forgot to take a picture and that's all I remember.
Floral, I've bought there in the past, girl went through their whole inventory with me and I'm thinking about a couple of items. Christmas trees will "likely" be floral as well so I might purchase there if they bring in some large ones (we usually buy Lowes' biggest size).
Catering/FreshtoGo, I ended up buying 3 large pizzas, most will go in freezer for when someone needs a quick snack/meal. Regularly $13.99, this week $9.99, bought 3 for $30, 66 airmiles (1 base+50stb on receipt+15 personal offer) with 25 coming later for using $10 cash. Excellent deal imho if you have pizza eaters. I've done this a number of times during prior promos. As already mentioned, receipt says "Metro catering 50". I plan to repeat offer on another card and also order a sushi platter when more are home here for Christmas.

Last edited:

Based on all the confusion surrounding Shell, I ain't even gonna try that one for at least a week!!

I'm working on adding the receipt codes/posting to the first page

Ok
so frustrated........................Shell Opt in 25 L gas
I tried doing CHAt and while the rep was polite,,,no answer on this,,,I am thinking the PROMO 90 I got does not qualify .............. sometimes I wish they would just be honest and say listen our sponsors have not all uploaded the necessary codes and wait. I should have listened to others here who have experienced this in the past.
I printed the CHAT but just too long to copy/paste here............................
Very disappointed in Airmiles right now.....I could have got some great points at Petro Canada this weekend.
So WAIT people on this one.
Mel
P>S>
** Airmiles if you are listening this is a free open forum so feel free to join in.**

Last edited:
I've done a bunch of updates to the posts on the first page and hopefully you'll be able to find answers to several questions that might pop up during the promo. If you still need some clarification feel free to tag me and I'll respond as soon as I'm able.

quick answer to the above post: that's all you need to do, no app to download, no reason to even use it meaning even apple users can do this. There's no way to actually confirm that it's complete and the time for the miles to post varies.
:thanks:

I made my list today for both my card and DD’s. I think we can do 7 each. I will complete the 7 on her card for sure....we are only approx 2200 miles away from a WDW ticket on that one. My card might be a tad difficult to get the 7th but we shall see, I’m sure I’ll figure it out.

I picked up some pizza, wedges and chicken strips at Metro. The cashier keyed in the coupon and it says ‘Metro Catering’ and the 50 miles are on the receipt. So I’m off....however, I think I was supposed to use that one on DD’s card:rolleyes1

Last edited:
Managed to get Lawton's and Sobeys done this morning. The coupon would not scan at Lawton's but they keyed in the code and the bonus miles showed up on the receipt.
Waiting on Staples coupon to open for that to be my 3rd. Hoping to figure out a way to get to 5 since I don't have a car and don't drink lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter