Shopkick ideas and suggestions

My success story:

I just got back from my Princess Race Weekend trip and really enjoyed the "free" money that I earned on Shopkicks. In less than one year, I earned over $350 in Disney gift cards. It payed for a small part of my race registrations, 2 Disney After Hours (Magic Kingdom) tickets, and the vast majority of my race merchandise purchases. And most of that was from walk-ins and scans so it didn't cost me much except for my time and a little bit of gas money.

I got home on Tuesday night and was out kicking again last night at Best Buy and Wal-mart. I don't have another trip planned yet (thinking maybe Disneyland, maybe in the fall?), but I'm going to continue banking as many gift cards as I can in the meantime.

That's great! I didn't know you could earn that much from scans and walkins!

I have been racking up my points with the walmart grocery pickup. Well, most of them are still pending, but they have always tracked fine. It's 900 kicks now which I believe is worth about $3.60. It started out at 450 kicks, but has been 900 since the beginning of January. One day, I even broke my order up into two orders and got the kicks for both orders (each order has to be at least $30).

My success story:

I just got back from my Princess Race Weekend trip and really enjoyed the "free" money that I earned on Shopkicks. In less than one year, I earned over $350 in Disney gift cards. It payed for a small part of my race registrations, 2 Disney After Hours (Magic Kingdom) tickets, and the vast majority of my race merchandise purchases. And most of that was from walk-ins and scans so it didn't cost me much except for my time and a little bit of gas money.

I got home on Tuesday night and was out kicking again last night at Best Buy and Wal-mart. I don't have another trip planned yet (thinking maybe Disneyland, maybe in the fall?), but I'm going to continue banking as many gift cards as I can in the meantime.
This is awesome! I only got $55 worth of gift cards and $10 in PayPal. I’m definitely going to do better this year. Getting kicks is so fun.

That's great! I didn't know you could earn that much from scans and walkins!

I've been able to earn between 500-1,000 (depending on how many scans I can do each week) from Best Buy. Walk-ins are a bit more random, but I get 200 kicks for TJ Maxx and Marshall's (both of which are relatively close so I can just swing by) pretty regularly.

I've never tried the Wal-mart pick-up since my trips don't usually meet the minimum in groceries alone. I wish they did as it seems like a good way to rack up some serious points. One question that I've always wondered - if you buy an item that is available for points in your pick-up order, can you still scan the receipt and get points for the item?

Just got 860 kicks tonight. 700 from Walmart and we had to run in publix to get something and I quickly got the rest. I need 9,140 more kicks in 20 days to meet my deadline. I don’t think I’ll make it but I want to at least try. It’s really fun. I wish they gave Auntie Anne’s kicks again. Hopefully Walmart restocks the kicks frequently so I can go there a couple times a week and get 500 +.

I've been able to earn between 500-1,000 (depending on how many scans I can do each week) from Best Buy. Walk-ins are a bit more random, but I get 200 kicks for TJ Maxx and Marshall's (both of which are relatively close so I can just swing by) pretty regularly.

I've never tried the Wal-mart pick-up since my trips don't usually meet the minimum in groceries alone. I wish they did as it seems like a good way to rack up some serious points. One question that I've always wondered - if you buy an item that is available for points in your pick-up order, can you still scan the receipt and get points for the item?

My understanding is that you cannot get points for any items in your pickup order, but I've never tried it.

I have already saved 200$ in DGC and our trip isn’t till June. My Walmart seems to re up the personal and beauty section pretty quickly so after dropping my son off at school I head in a few times a week and scan. It’s easy because I know where all the products are so I don’t have to search takes 15/20 min if that. My goal is a card per month but I’m already halfway done with my “ March “ card! Love shopkick it’s so easy!

My family has been making a coordinated effort on getting kicks. We got a ton of GCs for our cruise last year and now we're working on cards for DVC in Hilton Head and Disneyland. Today I went to Best Buy with mine and my dad's phone and scanned to the maximum on both phones.

I've found at Best Buy the easiest sections to do a lot at once at Cameras, Video Games, and Audio (the Speakers/Headphones). All the products are close together and (at least at my store) easily organized. Anyone else have different go-to sections?

Anyone else have different go-to sections?

I always start with the new release DVDs at the front of the store and then go to the TVs. As mentioned upthread, you can scan any box UPC for the brand TV listed (i.e. any Samsung TV box, no matter what size) so it is very easy to get a lot done in very little time. The same goes for the digital camera SD cards so that is a go-to as well.

Just got 860 kicks tonight. 700 from Walmart and we had to run in publix to get something and I quickly got the rest. I need 9,140 more kicks in 20 days to meet my deadline. I don’t think I’ll make it but I want to at least try. It’s really fun. I wish they gave Auntie Anne’s kicks again. Hopefully Walmart restocks the kicks frequently so I can go there a couple times a week and get 500 +.
I used to get kicks while mall walking! About 8 stores were inside the mall that had walk-in kicks, (including Auntie Anne), and a few had scans. But those stores are not on SK for me right now.

Finally crossed 5000! I’m currently at 5103. Going out tomorrow and will hopefully cross my halfway goal 6250. I have until March 20 to meet my goal of 12,500. I was sick so I slacked off this week.

I always start with the new release DVDs at the front of the store and then go to the TVs. As mentioned upthread, you can scan any box UPC for the brand TV listed (i.e. any Samsung TV box, no matter what size) so it is very easy to get a lot done in very little time. The same goes for the digital camera SD cards so that is a go-to as well.
This saved me so much time because the dvd section at my store is so disorganized. I hit 20 kicks in 10 minutes.

I used my SK everytime they had a deal on ordering groceries from walmart. I really did not know that they would go pending so long. The 2000 and the 900 sk points are pending for 60 days.. geez i will long be back from vacation.

I’m not going anywhere any time soon and decided to cash out with 2 $10 PayPal redemptions just in case they got rid of PayPal as an option. Hopefully I can start back up in the late summer when everything gets better.

I’m not going anywhere any time soon and decided to cash out with 2 $10 PayPal redemptions just in case they got rid of PayPal as an option. Hopefully I can start back up in the late summer when everything gets better.
Im trying to decide if i should still take the disney giftcard... i know they are also good at the Disney store if you can find something that is $25.
I have no idea when ill be able to go back to Disney...... maybe i should take target gc

Im trying to decide if i should still take the disney giftcard... i know they are also good at the Disney store if you can find something that is $25.
I have no idea when ill be able to go back to Disney...... maybe i should take target gc
It was hard but I had to make an adult decision and not think about my Disney trip. I was saving up on multiple cashback sites for a 4 day ticket but cashed them all except Swagbucks because I only had $5 but I think I’m about to do that too. The only one I’m leaving is Fetch because I can’t get PayPal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter