Short WLV Review

Jimbo

6 AM and already the boy ain't right.<br><font col
We just got back from staying at the WLV. We took our two granddaughters there for four nights as a birthday gift for the younger, who turned 8 during the trip.

We arrived at 12:30 on Wednesday. Our room wasn't ready until 3:30. We expected it, and were prepared to spend an afternoon swimming. Unfortunately, a lightning storm at about 2:00 cleared the pools, and we had to find things to keep ourselved occupied for a couple of hours.

We had room 2535, a 2BR (we splurged), which looked out at the woods. The room was immaculate, and obviously had plenty of room for the four of us. It's our second stay at WLV. We like the resort a lot, and it's tied with OKW (our home) as our favorite. I'm impressed by how quiet it is, how nice the facilities are, and what a fine health club it has. We swam at the main pool before the lightning forced us out, but for the rest of the time we used WLV's pool. The kids actually preferred it.

The only thing we didn't like was that the villa had a VCR, and we brought DVDs (out fault). The one time we used Disney transportation was to get to and from the MK, and the trip seemed endless. We actually thought an OKW bus would have been faster, even though WL is considered to be a MK resort. We took the car everywhere else.

Wait times were pretty low at the parks, and other than the heat the weather was fine. There wasn't much rain, and until we got back we had no idea how lucky we were that Katriina missed us.

We tried to do some diffrerent things. We spent a full day at Typhoon Lagoon. We had thought we'd stay a couple of hours, but had so much fun that we made a day out of it. On Saturday, we took the girls to the GF spa and got them a manicure / pedicure / facial package, with a 10% DVC discount. They loved it!

Thanks for the report. VWL is our home resort, and we love it. If you should stay there again, try taking the ferry to MK. It's a bit shorter than the bus ride and a lot more interesting!!!!

I'm glad you had a good time. We were leaving the area on Wednesday and were delayed by that rain! We were on our way to VB, where we did get to eat outside by the intercoastal waterway but it was very windy.

We usually don't have children with us, but I'll take the boat transportation to MK from WL over a bus any day. It's just my #1 preference for getting around.

Bobbi :sunny:

Great report. VWL is our home resort but we haven't stayed there yet (only the main lodge).

The boat is always the best way to get to MK. Frequent service and a short pleasant hop.

iankh said:
The boat is always the best way to get to MK. Frequent service and a short pleasant hop.
The boat is what we took. But it wasn't that frequent, and since it went to Fort Wilderness, it wasn't that short either. It was pretty pleasant though.

That's what I was trying to say; VWL may be close to MK, but it can still take a long time to get there. It's not a disaster by any means, though. We still love the place.

A spa trip for the girls! They are lucky to have such wonderful grandparents! I'm hoping to take my 8yo there on our next trip.

How is the bus service from Wilderness Lodge to MK? I heard that they went back to dropping guests off at MK instead of TTC. Shouldn't that be faster than the boat ride?

We took the bus back from Mk to VWL one evening. The bus ride was probably about 5 minutes.

TwingleMum said:
WHat an awesome Grandpa. Taking them to the spa ~ will you adopt me???
That would mean 5 in our room. Are you trying to get me in trouble???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter