Shorter deluxe or longer moderate? Opinions plz!

live4vaca13

Earning My Ears
I just returned from an absolutely wonderful trip to disney world with my husband and 2 year old son. It really was magical =) We stayed at AKL and attended MNSSHP, a first for both of us. So much fun!
We are already planning our trip next year, but have been going back and forth for about a week on what we would rather do. My husband is military, so we get the extremely generous salute discount from disney on tickets and rooms. We never would have been able to stay club level at AKL without the 40% discount. It was still pretty steep in price, but we thought it was likely a one time thing. Last time we visited we stayed at POR, which was beautiful as well.
We just priced out resorts for 8 nights for next year, and simply cant decide! We have debating all week--- do we shorten our trip and do 5 nights at a deluxe resort, or do we lengthen our stay to 10 days and stay at a moderate? I am looking at CBR, POFQ, and CSR (since we already experienced POR)
CBR seems to be our top pick right now, but i am weary of the travel time? I had a friend mention the multiple bus stops and time to get to the parks as an issue for her. I am just curious of others experience there!

Last edited:
For me a 7 night trip is perfect, 10 days would simply be too long for me, so I would likely choose an option for 6-7 nights where I was comfortable with the price. I have stayed at all of the moderate resorts and really love POR and CSR, POFQ is fine, I just prefer POR, and I very much disliked CBR, we stayed there just prior to the construction starting and it was just too large of a resort, with the bus sometimes taking a full 15 minutes just to leave the resort loop, given the current construction I would not consider booking CBR. CSR is my favorite moderate, I have always been extremely happy there, it is smaller than CBR, centrally located, and has fewer stops than CBR did when we stayed there.

We also love many of the deluxe resorts, especially AKL and the Yacht and Beach clubs, but if we can't stay on our DVC points, or get a good discount for a cash room, we are happy staying at either CSR or POR.

I love deluxe and would choose those every time if I could. Have you considered a split stay? A few days at Deluxe and then the rest of the time at the moderate? That would probably let you stay longer and get two different experiences.

The only Mod that has a single bus stop is POFQ and sometimes shares with POR(I think that is still true). CSR will have construction going on & CBR might still. Just something to look into. Have you thought about WL.

All of our previous trips have been for 10 days. It allows for pool days and for the girls a day at Downtown Disney ( I refuse to change names at this point). My daughter and god-daughter even take a day to hit the Disney discount stores in town. Of course in my case they finally wore me down and our next trip is 10 days in Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I just returned from an absolutely wonderful trip to disney world with my husband and 2 year old son. It really was magical =) We stayed at AKL and attended MNSSHP, a first for both of us. So much fun!
We are already planning our trip next year, but have been going back and forth for about a week on what we would rather do. My husband is military, so we get the extremely generous salute discount from disney on tickets and rooms. We never would have been able to stay club level at AKL without the 40% discount. It was still pretty steep in price, but we thought it was likely a one time thing. Last time we visited we stayed at POR, which was beautiful as well.
We just priced out resorts for 8 nights for next year, and simply cant decide! We have debating all week--- do we shorten our trip and do 5 nights at a deluxe resort, or do we lengthen our stay to 10 days and stay at a moderate? I am looking at CBR, POFQ, and CSR (since we already experienced POR)
CBR seems to be our top pick right now, but i am weary of the travel time? I had a friend mention the multiple bus stops and time to get to the parks as an issue for her. I am just curious of others experience there!

I love trips that are 10+ nights. As the PP commented, it allows for plenty of down time and I find them much more relaxing than our short trips. I would go with the mod but only if it wasn't CBR. We really disliked it. We have had several great experiences at CSR, and we are thinking of trying POFQ next summer.

If you were talking 8 nights deluxe vs. 10 nights mod, then I might lean towards the 8 nights deluxe - but 5 vs 10? That's double the vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!