Shorts

beachbunny

DIS Veteran
Enquiring minds want to know. Do adults wear shorts at DLP or is this strictly an American themepark thing? And is it still shorts weather right now? I'm packing and don't quite know what to bring.

Blimey, you were up late (or early?). Yes adults do wear shorts (weather permitting!). We're flying at tea-time today, I've got 2 pairs of lightweight trousers & 1 pair of shorts. DH has been checking 5 day weather forecast, i think on teletext on sky tv & it's forecast for hot & sunny in paris until Weds so fingers crossed!

Great! I'll pack a pair or two. I'll be there next Monday.

BPTP, not as late as you think. I'm on Hawaiian Standard Time, 11 hours behind you.

You need to be prepared for every sort of weather - sun, rain, wind, probably all on one day! :rotfl:

The time we went to DLP it was very hot and sunny every day (during May - can't say the same for Florida when we were there in March :earseek: ) It can get chilly once the sun starts to go down, or first thing in the morning, so a light top layer is useful. Before you go check the 5-day weather (bbc.co.uk/weather is good) and see how many extra jumpers/umbrellas/ bottles of suncream you might need. :wave2:

We're just back, arrived on Sunday 28 August & heat was unbearable every day, even in the evenings! Left on Thursday 1st Sept & on that day It was dull & cool in the morning, rained for about half an hour & then warm & sunny by lunchtime but much more bearable! I'd packed for all eventualities & actually ended up washing children's t-shirts so they could wear them again (an absolute first for me, had to use shower gel & my toothbrush to scrub them!) as long sleeved tops were totally out of the question!

I've been keeping an eye on the weather reports for Paris and it does look like scorching weather. I would imagine shorts are probably the uniform at the moment out there.

Using shower gel to wash t-shirts! I think I would just buy some new ones (although DLP is not such good value as WDW)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter