Should I book early Nov flight now....

awfpack

Mouseketeer
We are flying into MCO on Fri Nov 8th. The flight is already posted on Spirit. Is it to early to book this flight? The price is Ok but I read somewhere that you should wait till about 3 months out. SW has not posted any of our dates yet however SW does not fly out of our airport. Any advice would be great.
Thanks

I'm looking to book the same time frame right now so I'll share my own personal experience. First, a lot of that depends on where you are flying from and what airline. Spirit is like a lot of discount airlines where sales get better closer to the date, but then you risk not getting exactly what you wanted if a certain flight sells out. Also, where I live that's a big travel weekend so it's peak pricing and often only goes up not down. But if you are from an area where that's not the case you should have some time still to watch prices. If you need an exact date and have a good price it's not too early to book though.

We already have our November tickets. We needed specific dates and times, and it was hard enough to find what we wanted in a non-stop flight at a decent price. As soon as we found it at an acceptable price, we booked. Maybe we could have saved $50 or $100 by waiting, but maybe prices would have continued to rise or the flights we wanted would have sold out. Since we had no flexibility, it was worth the peace of mind for us to pay a little more than we wanted to know we wouldn't have to cancel the trip. My sister's family went to WDW from NYC in February. They kept waiting and waiting for the price to go down...finally a week before their trip they had to make the call to drive because the prices had never come down.

We are flying into MCO on Fri Nov 8th. The flight is already posted on Spirit. Is it to early to book this flight? The price is Ok but I read somewhere that you should wait till about 3 months out. SW has not posted any of our dates yet however SW does not fly out of our airport. Any advice would be great.
Thanks
All of the other airlines have their flights up, I'd book now.

When it comes to booking airline tickets, follow this rule: If you're comfortable with the price, book it. Don't wait in the hopes of it dropping even further. It's too unpredictable. Pick a price that you're prepared to spend, and if you see fares in that range, pounce and don't look back.

If you can live with the fare, purchase it. Really you can second-guess it to death, but there’s a lot to be said for just getting it done. And for particularly popular times, that goes double. :goodvibes

I agree, purchase when the fare is at a point where you can afford it, cause you can't tell which way it will go from there. Secondly....don't fly Spirit. You could end up regretting it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter