Should I cancel my car rental?

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
I currently have a car rental added into my reservation through Aulani for our entire 8 night stay in June. We are going to need a car 5 days out of our 8 day stay. I just read about overnight parking fees and am wondering if I should cancel our car rental and just rent each day we need a car from the on site car rental at Aulani...is this process pretty easy? Do you reserve the days you need a car ahead of time or just walk up that day and get a car? Just thinking I could avoid the overnight parking fees by doing this.

Anyone know roughly how much it is to rent an SUV for the day from Aulani?

The car rental on site is Alamo, I think the rates can vary based a little on demand, but it can get pricey for the day. I would suggest looking into DriveHui.com. It's a car share service that has minivans and a rental location at the Ko'olina Golf Course.

I currently have a car rental added into my reservation through Aulani for our entire 8 night stay in June. We are going to need a car 5 days out of our 8 day stay. I just read about overnight parking fees and am wondering if I should cancel our car rental and just rent each day we need a car from the on site car rental at Aulani...is this process pretty easy? Do you reserve the days you need a car ahead of time or just walk up that day and get a car? Just thinking I could avoid the overnight parking fees by doing this.

Anyone know roughly how much it is to rent an SUV for the day from Aulani?
I was looking at doing the same thing and looking at prices since I am a numbers guy.
look at your price now you probably got a weekly rate which will be a lot better then a daily rate. Now you have to take in the factor of getting from the airport to Aulani and back that will be roughly 100 bucks. So you might break out even to keep it for the entire time plus pay parking.
Start looking now at daily prices right at aulani.

I also thought of this for us we are going with the flow with the exception of pearl harbour, what if pre booked for one day to go the north shore and it is a rainy day or vise versa the weather is just perfect for laying around aulani and i have a car booked for one day now I have to go out cause of the 1 day rental. If i have it for the week I can come and go when it is right for us.

If you want to rent a car from the Aulani Alamo, you should reserve one ahead of time. They are known to sell out during busy times and I have witnessed people without reservations being told that no cars are available. As OP have said, you will get a lower rate for the longer rental period. If you’re comfortable taking an Uber to your destination if you can’t rent a car or to avoid the parking fees, go with that plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter