• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I rebook my reservation with Emerald Aisle?

dtuleya

DIS Veteran
When I stared planning our November trip to WDW in January (before I knew about the Emerald Aisle), I booked a full sized car with National. My total for 8 days is $185.xx.

My question is, since I've become a member of the Emerald Aisle the prices have gone up. I can now rent a full sized with my Emerald Aisle membership for $200.xx. That is only an increase of $15/week.

My question is........Is it worth the extra money to change my reservation for the convenience of using Emerald Aisle. From what I understand, we get our luggage and proceed to the National garage. We can either choose from the Emerald Aisle or the full sized aisle. We proceed to the car and load our luggage. What is the next step?

Sorry to seem so dumb, but we never fly on vacation, we always drive.

I would wait. Rates usually go down at the end of summer/beginning of fall. I got an EA full size reservation for the first week of December last year for $114 incl tax, made the reservation in October (20% DC discount plus free day). Or you could make the EA reservation now and then cancel & rebook if the rates go down. Is it worth $15? I think so - you get a wider selection of cars, you can choose from EA or choose from full size plus skip the counter.

After loading your car, you go to the exit booth, hand them your licence, EC card, charge card, hang tag from the mirror, any discount coupons/cards. They do the paperwork there.

Why don't you call National? They'll probably be able to switch your existing ressie (and price) to EA, so you won't have to make the counter stop.

I called National 2 times to try and do this. Both times I got people who did not understand what I wanted to do and tried to readjust my price. I hate to have them change my reservation and mess it up.

Which number did you call? The number on the back of your Emerald Club Card? If not, try that and begin by saying "I do NOT want to change price or type of car, just from counter to Emerald Aisle." If they still have a problem, I'd do the counter, it'll take longer, but why pay more?

I made a third call to the number listed on the back of my Emerald Club card. The operator told me they cannot add an Emeralc Club # to an existing reservation.

So, I'm back to my original question......Is it worth the extra $$ to rebook at the higher ($15 more) rate to avoid lines? I guess I should have mentioned before that our flight lands at MCO on November 22 (Friday BEFORE Thanksgiving) at 9:30 AM. Do anyone have any idea how the long the line should be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter