Should I switch travel agents?

if you could save over $3000.00 for two weeks would you change travel agencies.
In a heartbeat. Unless I was married to my current agent. In that case, I might think it over for 30 seconds or so...

But seriously, who says you have to completely nix your original agent? Just book this trip through the new agency, and see how it goes. If it's not a good experience, then book the next trip through the old agency again.

There is NO WAY a travel agent will make you save $3000, unless the original TA was ripping you off, specially if it is for a WDW vacation.

TAs cannot discount room, tickets nor flights. All the discounts are publicly available. A TA is good for helping you book your trip.

Cruises is different as they can give different amounts of credits. For DCL this is only onboard credits as the price is fixed and cannot be discounted.

The savings came about because of Agency Exclusives and the fact that we were doing a two week split stay. One week at the Grand Floridian and one week at the Beach Club during peak season of March and April 2018. This also included 8 day park tickets and one free day for a water park. We saved over $3000.00 by booking with this new TA because of agency exclusives.

There is NO WAY a travel agent will make you save $3000, unless the original TA was ripping you off, specially if it is for a WDW vacation.

TAs cannot discount room, tickets nor flights. All the discounts are publicly available. A TA is good for helping you book your trip.

Cruises is different as they can give different amounts of credits. For DCL this is only onboard credits as the price is fixed and cannot be discounted.
Totally wrong.

The savings came about because of Agency Exclusives and the fact that we were doing a two week split stay. One week at the Grand Floridian and one week at the Beach Club during peak season of March and April 2018. This also included 8 day park tickets and one free day for a water park. We saved over $3000.00 by booking with this new TA because of agency exclusives.

We were booked w/ this same agency for Thanksgiving, but had to cancel (just had foot surgery) and just re-booked their Late Spring Exclusive- 5 nights at the Poly w/ 6 day park hoppers and saved almost $1500 for Easter week! So excited! pixiedust: I would definitely switch & save the money! That's almost enough savings to take another trip :):cloud9:

There is NO WAY a travel agent will make you save $3000, unless the original TA was ripping you off, specially if it is for a WDW vacation...TAs cannot discount room, tickets nor flights. All the discounts are publicly available.
That is incorrect. Some agencies book blocks of WDW rooms at convention rates, then in turn rent those rooms to their clients, passing along the savings. I have used such an agency and the savings were big. I am not allowed to name my agency on these boards, but you could find it online with some searching. It is absolutely legit and customer-friendly. I wish I'd known about it before this year. The discounts are quite a bit steeper than WDW's room-only discounts. Saving $3,000 over rack rate for a 2-week stay at a deluxe would certainly be possible, using this agency.

That is incorrect. Some agencies book blocks of WDW rooms at convention rates, then in turn rent those rooms to their clients, passing along the savings. I have used such an agency and the savings were big. I am not allowed to name my agency on these boards, but you could find it online with some searching. It is absolutely legit and customer-friendly. I wish I'd known about it before this year. The discounts are quite a bit steeper than WDW's room-only discounts. Saving $3,000 over rack rate for a 2-week stay at a deluxe would certainly be possible, using this agency.
I can't believe that poster with 4330 post under their belt does not know better. Sounds very odd.

I can't believe that poster with 4330 post under their belt does not know better. Sounds very odd.
Well, I didn't know about agency exclusives until this year, so I can believe it. I was just never the type to book trips via travel agents (before I learned of the big savings), and that poster probably never uses agents, either.

Well, I didn't know about agency exclusives until this year, so I can believe it. I was just never the type to book trips via travel agents (before I learned of the big savings), and that poster probably never uses agents, either.
Very possible I suppose.

I booked with that TA last year. Their rates and agency are completely legit. Will book with them for our next trip. That agency does not do air btw.

I have always booked my own travel ( I always get UOC codes for good discounts) but thought I would try this company this year. Got POR for $190 / night for the end of April / beginning of May. Their prices on Poly and BC were great too but my girls wanted to add Universal to the trip instead so we will spend the extra money there.

Are there restrictions? I thought I heard you cannot add the dining plan.

I don't think you can have a dining plan with the Labor Day deal.

we stayed at ASSp last November and had the QSDP.

Last edited:
Wow that is some incredible savings. I've never used a TA. This particular one seems to have some great deals. I'm sure there are pros and cons of using a TA. I would be nervous to use one but with a bigger savings it's hard to resist. Anyone have thoughts on using one? Do they wind up having the same kind of discounts as booking yourself?

When using a TA, when you want to book FP and dining, is that something you can do or does your TA have to do it?

Are there restrictions? I thought I heard you cannot add the dining plan.

For the Labor Day Deal, no. But they run other deals all year long and you usually can add the dining plan. We're doing it for our next trip.

Wow that is some incredible savings. I've never used a TA. This particular one seems to have some great deals. I'm sure there are pros and cons of using a TA. I would be nervous to use one but with a bigger savings it's hard to resist. Anyone have thoughts on using one?

When using a TA, when you want to book FP and dining, is that something you can do or does your TA have to do it?

I did my own ADRs and FP+. I knew what I wanted and when. It was easier to do it myself and I wanted to have control over those. My TA did e-mail me reminders of ADR day and FP+ day.

one downside is that for each time frame, you are limited as to what resorts you can book with the deal. we went in November, our dates were locked in, staying at a Value, 1st choice was POP, 2nd was ASMu. for our week the deal at a Value was only ASSp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!