Should there be a Monsters Inc 2?

Ernie Folchi

Earning My Ears
It's been going around for a number of years, even before Monsters University was released. What should the movie be about?

It ended so happily, while it is possible, the story wouldn't be so good. The monsters are now fun, not scary, which makes the comedy of them being terrified of children not exist anymore.

I think it may be hard to make a part 2, which is why they went with a prequel before. I don't necessarily think it's impossible - the Laugh Floor concept comes after the events of the movie. They could do a story about a some human kids brought over to harness laughter who wander off and get lost in areas of Monstropolis. I mean, it'd need a strong story to go with it, but I'm not one to flat-out discount the idea. It's not what I'd probably want to see Pixar concentrating on though.

I love Monsters Inc, it's a top 3 Pixar film for me, Monsters University I've never really watched from start to finish (but I've seen most of it in segments.) Unless they can come up with something spectacular I think it's best left as is. The Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is an underrated attraction, I'd encourage anyone who has
passed it by to take a look.:sulley:

Nope. The prequel was cute, there's no need for a sequel. Unless there's an amazing plot it's not worth it.

Count me as one of the few who like Monster University better than monsters inc. I think the prequel was great but don’t think a sequel would work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!