Should we move to Disney World????

Does anyone have any information on the real estate offices down that way? I'd love to move to FL and I'm looking to get my real estate license.

Well, we're back, and we found a lot in SE Orlando, and are working out the details to have a home built, and hope to be moving by mid-late summer of 2006. YAY ME!

N

I've read this thread with great interest & learned lots of new info. Thanks!

Does anyone have any info/advice about the northern part of the state, outside of Jacksonville, like Orange Park? The housing market there seems better than central FL, for our wallet at least. We are not in a fantastic housing market here in western NY and we also aren't looking to make a move for a couple of years. We really want to start researching now and see where things lead.

Any info on the northern area of FL or southern GA would be great, especially regarding taxes, school districts and the job market for someone in the medical/laboratory field. TIA!

We are also considering the move to FL within the next few years. We are considering the Bradenton/Sarasota area as well as Clermont. Annmarie

We're hoping to move to central florida too within 1-2 yrs!
We have an autistic daughter (8 y/o) who goes to a special school here in new jersey. she is in a full day program and she also goes to summer school for about 4-6 weeks. This services are paid for by our town's school.
I'm hoping that when we move there, my daughter can get the same or even better service.

Seabright1

Check the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville. They have built a large medical care complex in Jacksonville. The city itself is very spread out. Several other medical clinics in the area.
I'm interested in the education system in Florida schools. I know they have a law requiring smaller class size but I think the gov. is trying to get it revoked. Anyone have any information?

My hubby is in the Navy and his last duty assignment was in Jacksonville. We lived in Middleburg FL, which is right next to Orange Park. We loved the area, great shopping and dining, lots of sub divisions, and the prices were really good. Our house was a 4 bedroom, 2 bath ranch in a great sub division, 7 yrs old, we paid 124,000 for it and two years later sold it for a great price. Since it is a Navy area, there is alot of movement in the housing market. We are plannning on retiring to that area, when hubby gets out of the Navy in 7 yrs. Best part is it only takes about 2 1/2 3 hrs, to get to WDW!!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter