Shuttle From Airport to Cabana Bay - Best Option?

Twinsmom2009

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
We are staying at Cabana bay for the first half of our vacation before moving to a villa (will rent a car then :)). We have decided not to rent a car for our stay at Cabana bay. What is the best/cheapest option for getting from the airport to the hotel? I have reached out to Tony Hinds who I came across on here. Just wondering if there are other options people have used? We haven't used Uber before although perhaps this is the time to give it a try?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi All,
We are staying at Cabana bay for the first half of our vacation before moving to a villa (will rent a car then :)). We have decided not to rent a car for our stay at Cabana bay. What is the best/cheapest option for getting from the airport to the hotel? I have reached out to Tony Hinds who I came across on here. Just wondering if there are other options people have used? We haven't used Uber before although perhaps this is the time to give it a try?

Thanks for any suggestions!
We used Uber to get from Cabana Bay back to the airport and it went well and was inexpensive. You can request a larger vehicle so we did and someone in a mini van picked us up. This was great because we had four people and luggage. LYFT is another option just like Uber and they are both all over the area. A lot of our drivers on that trip had stickers for both companies and apparently drove for both . Lyft also has first time user coupons that took quite a bit off our ride over to Disney for the Halloween party . ( I want to say almost half but not sure .. it’s been a year .)

For our May trip I just needed one way back to MCO and booked with Tony.
Universal also has a shuttle service similar to WDW magical express, but paid option. RT is only $37. I booked this for Sept trip. I’m sure they will do one way too. I booked thru Universal. Just hope I’m not too spoiled by Tony lol.
If you have multiple people Tony May be best option. You’d have to find out how much the Universal shuttle is one way pp.
For May it’s 2 of us, so I thought it was worth the extra to use Tony. But in Sept it’s only me, so it was $37 vs $100.
On pick ups from MCO Tony includes a grocery shop.

We used Uber to get from Cabana Bay back to the airport and it went well and was inexpensive. You can request a larger vehicle so we did and someone in a mini van picked us up. This was great because we had four people and luggage. LYFT is another option just like Uber and they are both all over the area. A lot of our drivers on that trip had stickers for both companies and apparently drove for both . Lyft also has first time user coupons that took quite a bit off our ride over to Disney for the Halloween party . ( I want to say almost half but not sure .. it’s been a year .)
How do you get the 1st time coupon? We don’t have either company at home but I plan on using Lyft for a couple of off site restaurants I want to try in May.

For our May trip I just needed one way back to MCO and booked with Tony.
Universal also has a shuttle service similar to WDW magical express, but paid option. RT is only $37. I booked this for Sept trip. I’m sure they will do one way too. I booked thru Universal. Just hope I’m not too spoiled by Tony lol.
If you have multiple people Tony May be best option. You’d have to find out how much the Universal shuttle is one way pp.
For May it’s 2 of us, so I thought it was worth the extra to use Tony. But in Sept it’s only me, so it was $37 vs $100.
On pick ups from MCO Tony includes a grocery shop.

Thanks! We have booked Tony for MCO to Cabana Bay. That way we can grab some groceries for the room on the way. There are 4 of us so $60 one way isn't too bad. I'm sure Lyft or Uber would be cheaper but this eases my mind a little more :). We will try Lyft/Uber for a few off site trips during the week.

Thanks again for the responses!

Thanks! We have booked Tony for MCO to Cabana Bay. That way we can grab some groceries for the room on the way. There are 4 of us so $60 one way isn't too bad. I'm sure Lyft or Uber would be cheaper but this eases my mind a little more :). We will try Lyft/Uber for a few off site trips during the week.

Thanks again for the responses!
With 4 it’s definitely worth it! I’ll try Uber/Lyft for short local trips but not comfortable using them for longer airport trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter