"shuttle" service??

feenie

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever used the free "Scheduled shuttle service".
from any of the hotels on US 192??
We are staying 1 mile from the Disney entrance for three days prior to our "real" vacation, and want to do one day at a park!
We don't want to rent a car, but are a little worried about how the shuttles work...
Can anyone share their experiences with me?
Thanks!!! :D

It depends on the hotel as to which company will be your shuttle provider. Some companies offer all-day shuttles that run every 30/60/90 minutes... others have a few morning and evening pickup times.

There are some companies out there that are decent operators, however a caution... there are some companies that run (in my opinion) unsafe piles of junk.

We have not stayed in the hotels on 192, but we've been at non-Disney properties near Downtown Disney a couple of times, and the bus service was okay at both. It ran at set intervals (I think it was every 60 or 90 minutes), but the bus stops at multiple parks to it might take quite a bit of time to get to your destination if you are going to the last park on the route. For returning to the hotel, the buses were there at the stated time. Normally we stay on property and use Happy Limo from the airport and WDW transportation to get around to the parks. On the two non-Disney property trips, we rented a car via Priceline because we were visiting Celebration too, but we hate to drive while on vacation so we used the hotel buses even though we could have driven. For me, extra waiting was worth not having to drive.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks!
Fortunatly for us it is only an issue for one day, since we will only be going to one park before the start of our land/sea vacation beginning at the Poly!!! (we trust Disney Transportation!)
We figure that the extra days are just a bonus, so we aren't too worried about running, so if we have to wait a little while between shuttles, it wont be the end of the world.:D (any extra time at Disney is a good thing in my book!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter