Signature Restaurants Solo

Been solo at many of the restaurants andit never seemed awkward.
Have been to California Grill, Flying Fish, Artist Point (gone now), and never felt like the service was less because I was solo.

A couple of years ago, we were staying at OKW. I wanted a separate dinner and took the boat over to Homecomin'. It was one the best dining experiences on WDW property. I sat at the bar, ordered my delicious food, and the bartender free-poured my drink. I made some new friends that night with delicious food. Like another poster said above, be confident and don't give-a-hoot what anyone thinks.

After 15-20 solo trips, I've dined at lots of WDW restaurants, but only one of the 3 you mentioned-California Grill. That was great-when they saw I was solo, they gave me a lovely window seat where I could watch the monorail and the gorgeous view. Excellent experience. I've also eaten solo at 2 other signatures-Jiko and Narcoose's. Great there also. At Jiko, the salad preparer was testing a new salad, so she asked me to try one (no charge) to "test" it.
My only negative experience was at Chefs de France, where my server was too busy flirting with the young, pretty girls at the next table and pretty much ignored the dumpy, grandmotherly type solo.

I have eaten at most signature restaurants by myself and I never felt any problem. Servers are assigned to a smaller number of guests at Signature location (max 12 I believe) so they can dedicate more time to everyone.

Counter at Jiko is on a kitchen section where you can look at the staff which prepare some appetizers, which is interesting.

I've done lots of places solo - and as a family or a couple - and the service has just depended on the waitstaff at the moment. I do have one experience - of 30+ dining experiences - where I can definitely say I got poor treatment because I was a solo - but usually I feel like the service is on par with the time I have companions. Last trip - I had great service at the bar at California Grill! Might go back there next week!

After many solo trips, I have dined at all levels of restaurants. I have had good experiences with all of them, with the exception of the 3 restaurants in the Italian pavilion. I am convinced that those people are just rude. As far as tipping, I always tip 20% and round up. Unless you are rude to me, which is rare. I never feel weird because everyone needs to eat. It's not like we are doing something wrong by eating. Have a great trip.

I haven't done signature solo but have eaten at Yak & Yeti restaurant and Sci-Fi diner. I didn't have an issue at either and plan to go again next year solo, but looking at the comments on here I feel more inspired to try a signature restaurant solo.

I know you have received many replies on your request for information eating solo at signature restaurants at Walt Disney World. Just want to echo some of the sentiments of the other posters, I have had great experiences at California Grill and Flying Fish. At California Grill, I did not have an ADR, but was fortunate to arrive when the restaurant opened the lounge/bar area at 7pm -- got a great table by the window with the pleasure of being server by a personable, professional, and simply lovely server/cast member. At the Flying Fish (ADR), I was given the choice of the bar or a table -- once I had a table and the second time decided on the bar -- really liked the bar with the interaction with the chefs and other guests. Try some signature restaurants -- as a solo you deserve to eat where you want at Disney.

I dined solo at Le Celier in September on my solo trip- it was one of my favorite meals! My server was lovely and attentive, but not too attentive. I didn't feel rushed, and had a really nice experience. The people next to me were very close to me, but they were there on a date and doing their own thing. I brought my journal and wrote a bit.

I would highly recommend it!

Ooh, I'm planning to go to WDW in Dec this year for my niece's dance competition, and I'm actually looking forward to trying some new signature restaurants solo! I've always gone with my roommate previously and there are some cuisines she doesn't like, so I'm curious to try some out on my own. It's reassuring to hear positive feedback on your experiences here (but I hoped so anyway because DISNEY)!

Anybody do V and A alone? Did you reserve it for one? How was the service? That to me takes super courage. Like a bungee jump from a very high bridge. I went many years ago with my parents. $100 per person without wine pairings. One of the best meals I've ever had.
Thanks for any observations.

Sorry - I'm late to this thread, and I have not eaten solo at WDW, however the very first thing I thought when I read the title was that one of the kitchen tables at V&A would be amazing solo! You'd probably get so much more attention/information from the chef, and yeah, paying a bill for only one would be nice too ;)

I have dined at Crystal Palace & Be our Guest and both were great. I would love to do Victoria & Albert's. I waited my entire marriage, waited for the children to grow. Now divorced and children grown, can't wait forever for a tomorrow that may never come. Life is just to short, enjoy more out of life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter