Silver Airways?

kclark9830

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have experience with Silver Airways? They've just come to our city with a cheap direct flight to MCO (we're in N AL). Their reviews aren't necessarily glowing, so I'm feeling unsure about booking them for our Sept trip. But the SW deals released yesterday were awful, so I'm considering them.

I can't help you there, but we had an unfortunate experience with a new airline that went out of business a couple of weeks before our trip. The refund didn't come close to the cost of the replacement tickets.

I have seen a lot of complaints on them regarding their flights to the Caribbean. I have no personal knowledge but....I would do some research

We fly Silver frequently. They’re a competent airline with courteous staff BUT they don’t have a huge fleet. If your flight is cancelled due to weather or whatever, it could be a loooooong time (days) before you are rebooked to your destination.

I can't help you there, but we had an unfortunate experience with a new airline that went out of business a couple of weeks before our trip. The refund didn't come close to the cost of the replacement tickets.

Silver Airways seems to be doing okay financially. I did a quick search online and found this article from August 2017. It highlights a new CEO, possible expansion of routes, and most significantly a firm order to lease 20 new planes. If they can afford new planes, I doubt they will suddenly go out of business.

http://www.thebahamasinvestor.com/2017/silver-airways-eyes-continued-growth/

I flew Silver from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando once. I had to wait 30 or so mins for them to open their counter though. Dh and I were both leaving, but on different flights...so we got to the airport early, about 2 hrs prior to flight, as usual. When I got to Silver, they weren't open yet. When I got to the gate, it was a shared gate...with about 3 other flights. That got a bit confusing for some. But the gate attendant was very good about making sure everyone knew which flight was boarding at that moment...didn't want anyone going to Orlando getting on the plane to San Juan!!
It was fine...I wouldn't have an issue flying it again. But, as someone already said...if there were to be an issue with your flight, they would probably have an problem getting you on a similar flight.

Silver Airways.....I'm a frequent flyer, reader of travel magazines, consumer of all things travel news...and I've never heard of them.

I saw your thread title and wondered...hmmm, is this a new airline for the over 55 set? :rotfl:

I booked them for our upcoming trip in late October early November. I'm also in North Alabama. I heard good and bad about them, but I weighed the price on driving to Nashville versus the price of the flight from Huntsville.

Silver Airways.....I'm a frequent flyer, reader of travel magazines, consumer of all things travel news...and I've never heard of them.

I saw your thread title and wondered...hmmm, is this a new airline for the over 55 set? :rotfl:

Until recently they did two things. They were a feeder airline for United and a charter airline. Now they are getting into scheduled service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter