• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Silvershuttle anyone?

MICKEY'S DREAMERS

WDW or Hawaii? This is the question!
Has anybody used the Silverhuttle from CDG to DLP?
How is the service ? where is the bus waiting for you?
Thanks

We travelled with silvershuttle.biz when we went over in November from CDG to Holiday Inn with our troop of 3. Minibus meets you at arrivals and immediate transfer to hotel.
Costs were similar to VEA but the door to door service made it very attractive.

Have a lovely time.

Regards
Reid

We used silvershuttle this weekend. The bus was waiting just outside the terminal when we got there. Another family were also going to the NPB and were wandering round looking for the VEA (which I don't think goes from terminal 3) so our driver asked them if they wanted to join us as there were 4 free places in the minibus. The minibus itself was very clean and comfortable and the driver very pleasant and organised.

Until our return journey the driver was in our minds simply efficient but after the horror that was to be our return journey he became a bit of a hero. As arranged he picked us up at 8.20pm for our 10.20pm flight. He pulled up outside the hotel exactly on time and quickly loaded the bags and we were on our way. About 15 mins later, I casually asked my husband 'are the passports in the flight bag?', to which he replied ' NO! I thought YOU packed them!'. This resulted in a mad scurry looking through the bags before my husband remembered he had left them in the safe in our hotel room. The driver was brilliant, he said 'no problem, I'll take you back', which he did. During a fairly lengthy wait while 2 staff members went to check the safe of our now-occupied room our driver waited outside for my husband but very thoughtfully put the heaters on in the van for me and the children. He then came and asked what time our flight took off and said he knew a short cut, it wasn't lit yet as it was a new road was it ok if he went that way? I said that would be great and at that point my husband ran out of the NPB hotel waving our passports.

By this time it was 9.05pm... 45 min late. As promised our driver got us back to the airport at 9.35pm .. 15 mins before the check-in closed, he even told us where the check in desk was to speed us up! We then said how much do we owe you, as the trip was meant to have been 40 euros, we expected to have to pay 60-80 euros as the journey had taken twice as long as it should, but he said 40 euros. We said but surely we owe you more, for your time and petrol but he said no, it was no trouble.

So personally I couldn't recommend them more highly, the level of service was superb and the driver was lovely. We'll be using them everytime we go - and incidentally they are cheaper than the VEA.

Wow - well done Silvershuttle!!!! Glad everything worked out okay. Did you have a good time apart from that?! BTW how long ago and which way did you book with them?

Discharmed glad that silvershuttle ensured safe passage there and back.
It can definitely make a difference to the holiday if the transfer from CDG is not pleasant.
Looking forward to trip report of the rest of the holiday .

Reid

Thanks cyrano and bexx. Had a brilliant time apart from that panic - I was quite amazed to see all the snow when we got back!

I booked it a month before we travelled but you can do it at very short notice, either email or ring them.

the website is http://www.silvershuttle.biz there is an english translation which isn't great but you can manage. The telephone number is 06 24 22 42 50 (plus French code I can't remember right now). Hope that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter