Simon V or anyone..... have you been by Tupperware lately?

deena

Mouseketeer
Hi, I was wondering about this for awhile now so thought I would post. We were down in WDW I believe around 92 or 93 was the time and as one of our little side exercusions, we found out about the Tupperware World Headquarters in the area so we popped on over for an afternoon visit.

As we walked in, they let us inside the first floor room off to the left where they display vintage as well as modern tupperware products and we got a little neat booklet that I still have from our visit (I forgot the person's name who we spoke to there but she was very nice). We also took a picture by the big fountain outside the building. I was wondering if anybody had been by in more recent years at all?

Last year in Aug. 2000 when we went to the Florida Mall, Tupperware had a little kiosk set up in the middle of the mall to showcase their new line and we went over to broswe through which was interesting; and reminded me of our little tour years ago.

Tupperware stopped doing tours back in the mid 90s. Now they just retail their meeting facilities when they're not running their own meetings.

Thanks very much Kelly for the info., I was wondering whether or not they were still doing them.

Yes, I'm afraid this is another one to file under Xanadu - House of the Future, Haunted Mansion, Wild Bill's, et al.

also. We got a chance to drop by Xanadu Home of the Future that same year that we stopped by Tupperware and a year afterwards. It was a neat side attraction and glad I had the chance to see this place while it was still open. We learned about Xanadu's closing ironically last year in August when riding past it on our way to Super Wal Mart on 192; and got a camcorder picture for keepsake.

And then, more recently, there has been Movie Rider, Fortune Feast (what a turkey!), American Gladiators Dinner Show, Asia Dinner Show, King Henry's, Blazing Pianos, Mystery Fun House, A-Mazing Place, Central Florida Fun Train, Amazing Animals, Cypress Island, and not forgetting that gone-but-not-forgotten great attraction of yesteryear, Baseball & Boardwalk. Ho hum. Any more that I've forgotten?

Before Boardwalk & Baseball there was Circus World. I think I was there three times, and I never did get to go on the trapeze!

Mystery Fun House being gone either; the last time we visited was a couple years back 92 or so I believe; we had a great time browsing around the arcade and played putt-putt golf there (we didn't try the laser tag but others at the time were enjoying it a lot). Actually, I still have our ticket stubs from a visit and a purple drinking mug with The Mystery Fun House logo that I bought as a souvenir (guess now its' a collectible of sorts). It was a great place.

Mystery Fun House being gone either; the last time we visited was a couple years back 92 or so I believe; we had a great time browsing around the arcade and played putt-putt golf there (we didn't try the laser tag but others at the time were enjoying it a lot). Actually, I still have our ticket stubs from a visit and a purple drinking mug with The Mystery Fun House logo that I bought as a souvenir (guess now its' a collectible of sorts).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter