Since the Hawaii cruises are so popular

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Do you think DCL would plan another round trip for fall 2022?

We have been on two RCCL Vancouver to Honolulu cruises in September. The first time we did that was 2015, and DCL went then too. DCL’s Cruise was two days before ours. We prefer September, and would go on DCL if they went then.

My DSis actually went to Alaska then Hawaii B2B on the RCCL ship in 2015.

It wouldn't surprise me if they do seeing as they've sold old before the general on sale date.

I would love to do Alaska and Hawaii B2B - sounds great.

I'd love to see that! We had a Vancouver to Honolulu 10 night cruise on Celebrity planned for May of this year but of course that didn't happen. We will do that sometime in the next couple of years.

And, of course, there will be a stay at Aulani once we get to Hawaii!

I'm hoping so, I'm a silver CC member, and would have thought they would have had a certain number of rooms for each tier and for general release to enable everyone to have a fair shot at getting them; hoping some cancellations come in or people's holds expire.

I'm hoping so, I'm a silver CC member, and would have thought they would have had a certain number of rooms for each tier and for general release to enable everyone to have a fair shot at getting them; hoping some cancellations come in or people's holds expire.
Rooms have been popping up hourly and then gone. Keep looking!

Do you think DCL would plan another round trip for fall 2022?

We have been on two RCCL Vancouver to Honolulu cruises in September. The first time we did that was 2015, and DCL went then too. DCL’s Cruise was two days before ours. We prefer September, and would go on DCL if they went then.

My DSis actually went to Alaska then Hawaii B2B on the RCCL ship in 2015.
Well, DCL seems to be doing Hawaii one-way cruises now. They could schedule another set in the fall, I believe, with not a lot of problem.

I'm not impressed with the April Vancouver/Honolulu one way. 4 days at sea and only 3 ports. I loved the round trip out of San Pedro they did initially. But, I guess, they feel the one way cruises are monetarily more profitable.

We hope, when the Wish hits the water, DCL will send one ship (Fantasy would be nice) to the West Coast for good so that more Hawaii cruises (and beyond) can be scheduled. Australia/NZ is just a few "at sea" days away...maybe the Galapagos Islands are more realistic.

Maybe but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. They sold out very fast for spring 2020 as well and they were not offered for fall 2020.

I haven’t been looking by modify. But they keep popping up occasionally under normal search and I I assume they are all GTY. Honestly if you’re looking for a specific room I wouldn’t hope on that. People are happy to grab any GTY room within the category they want To be on board.

We hope, when the Wish hits the water, DCL will send one ship (Fantasy would be nice) to the West Coast for good so that more Hawaii cruises (and beyond) can be scheduled. Australia/NZ is just a few "at sea" days away...maybe the Galapagos Islands are more realistic.
It's not likely that either the Dream or Fantasy will ever come to the West Coast, they won't fit under the Bridge of The America's through the Panama Canal. So it would have to be the Wonder or Magic to be based on the West Coast. And I wouldn't hold my breath for any Australian or even Asian cruises, financially for guests travel to/from those countries from the U.S. would make the over all cruise costs too prohibitively high for most to afford.

It's not likely that either the Dream or Fantasy will ever come to the West Coast, they won't fit under the Bridge of The America's through the Panama Canal.

They could go around... :boat: Mostly kidding, that takes a LONG time. Although they aren't doing much right now anyway... :scratchin

I wonder how easy it is for DCL to get port time in Hawaii.. isn't that usually a large factor? That and cutting too deeply into prime Alaska time?

This would be amazing.

Can't do Galapagos. Max ship occupancy allowed in those waters is 100pax. But South America would be nice.

I think the biggest markets on that side of the Pacific - those willing to pay Disney fares - are Australia/NZ and Japan. They could think about it long term since mainstream transpacific cruises are a thing now.

I don't think they will add another hawaii cruise in fall 2022. The cruise were sold out for the Hawaii 2020 sailings and were popular and pre-covid they did not plan on adding. It's probably the lesson they learned in 2015 when majority jumped ship and sailed in fall.

I just wish cruise lines will do more Pacific coast itineraries. Maybe a San Diego, Ensenada more because They have to, then head up north stopping in LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver Island, and Vancouver. They could do an overnight in LA that would allow Disneyland. It will save time and money to do a West Coast trip without having to drive or fly. But these are rare, I believe Disney only does one and other cruise lines also a rarity. I don’t get How West Coast sailings either focus mainly on Alaska or Mexico. It must be demand because many people are willing to pay those prices for Alaska.There’s so much to see in the US West Coast and it’s completely doable with stops in Canada and Mexico.

I just wish cruise lines will do more Pacific coast itineraries. Maybe a San Diego, Ensenada more because They have to, then head up north stopping in LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver Island, and Vancouver. They could do an overnight in LA that would allow Disneyland. It will save time and money to do a West Coast trip without having to drive or fly. But these are rare, I believe Disney only does one and other cruise lines also a rarity. I don’t get How West Coast sailings either focus mainly on Alaska or Mexico. It must be demand because many people are willing to pay those prices for Alaska.There’s so much to see in the US West Coast and it’s completely doable with stops in Canada and Mexico.
While a strictly west coast cruise sounds attractive, most people seem to prefer either Alaska or Mexico cruises. Adding a few US ports on those cruises is a plus. I believe those cruise lines that still do the west coast specific cruises on a limited basis have found that doing too many of them means that they don't sail full.

I wouldn’t count on a fall Hawaii cruise. Last time and only time they had it was in sep 2015. Bookings were so bad Disney was almost giving the cruises away to cast members. There were lots of cast members on the cruises. Still with almost giving the cruises away to cast members the ship still had a lot of empty rooms. I don’t see Disney taking a gamble at this time.

I wouldn’t count on a fall Hawaii cruise. Last time and only time they had it was in sep 2015. Bookings were so bad Disney was almost giving the cruises away to cast members. There were lots of cast members on the cruises. Still with almost giving the cruises away to cast members the ship still had a lot of empty rooms. I don’t see Disney taking a gamble at this time.
Any reason why it did so bad? Was it during school time and the cruise was too long for kids to be out of school that time of year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!