Single mom of 2 first time cruising.

Hi was wondering if you did the 3 Island Snorkel and Beach Adventure (N97) yet? Was considering for our cruise in February.

Unfortunately we did. The ocean was extremely rough but they took us anyway.

This is what was advertised:

On this adventure you will…
  • Board your vessel and receive a guided tour as you travel through Nassau Harbor. Although it was a very small boat, the engine was so loud, we didn't hear a word that was said. We were also bouncing around pretty good.
  • The tour is 3 hours and begins with a photo opportunity of the world famous Gilligan's Island. The Ocean was so rough that we didn't even go anywhere near Gilligan's Island.
  • Proceed to Green Cay where you'll have an opportunity to swim with turtles. Nope, didn't swim with the turtles either.
  • Stop at Rose Island and snorkel through the reefs and ship wreck there. Didn't stop AT/ON an island - did swim at some reef - didn't see much because of the water conditions and definitely didn't see any ship wreck. We were actually pulled away from the boat by the current and getting back to the boat was a challenge.
  • Float off Rose Island's coast or relax along on the beach. We stopped at Pearl Island and got to spend about 20-30 on a very small strip of roped off beach.
  • Enjoy complimentary soft drinks throughout the tour and during the activities. We got a bottle of water...and ummmm, what activities?
I really do understand that weather conditions are out of DCL's control. However, I specifically booked this to swim with the turtles. At almost $300 (with tips) I felt it was a complete waste of money. We almost never do any excursions with the cruise line and this was the 2nd excursion in 3 months (2 DCL ships) that I felt was a rip off. We were not the only ones on the boat who were disappointed. We do plan to try it again - privately. At least it will be considerably cheaper!

Just wanted to take a moment and offer some encouragement...I took my three children on their first cruise in 2003 and realized the memories we made were priceless and the vacation was great for one parent families...our 7 day in 2006 was so very special, my 12 year old son cried when we drove away from the port...stories from that trip are regularly retold during our family get-togethers (yes, my twin sons are now 24)...you will get a chance to decompress, relax and make some very special memories! Enjoy!!

SUNSCREEN ! While we tend to be one of the fairest skinned cultures in the world, I have never burned until visiting CC. Our first trip our DD was 7 and spent most all day in the water, only getting out for lunch. While not in the snorkel lagoon she was on the swim pier, ropes or playing with other kids. You float higher in salt water and with the safety vest never felt nervous.

Our first time we did all DCL excursions in ports and glad we did, safe and easy, plus there was almost always someone for DD to bond with. Kids clubs were great (on Wonder and Magic) and she just loved them, eager to go back all the time. We have also been paired on all cruises with other singles or families with kids the same age and they often planned to go to the clubs together. While they are there found so much to do around the ship, read navigator night before and knew what was around for me to do or us to do if DD was not at club and went with the flow.

All and all, had great time.

Unfortunately we did. The ocean was extremely rough but they took us anyway.

This is what was advertised:

On this adventure you will…
  • Board your vessel and receive a guided tour as you travel through Nassau Harbor. Although it was a very small boat, the engine was so loud, we didn't hear a word that was said. We were also bouncing around pretty good.
  • The tour is 3 hours and begins with a photo opportunity of the world famous Gilligan's Island. The Ocean was so rough that we didn't even go anywhere near Gilligan's Island.
  • Proceed to Green Cay where you'll have an opportunity to swim with turtles. Nope, didn't swim with the turtles either.
  • Stop at Rose Island and snorkel through the reefs and ship wreck there. Didn't stop AT/ON an island - did swim at some reef - didn't see much because of the water conditions and definitely didn't see any ship wreck. We were actually pulled away from the boat by the current and getting back to the boat was a challenge.
  • Float off Rose Island's coast or relax along on the beach. We stopped at Pearl Island and got to spend about 20-30 on a very small strip of roped off beach.
  • Enjoy complimentary soft drinks throughout the tour and during the activities. We got a bottle of water...and ummmm, what activities?
I really do understand that weather conditions are out of DCL's control. However, I specifically booked this to swim with the turtles. At almost $300 (with tips) I felt it was a complete waste of money. We almost never do any excursions with the cruise line and this was the 2nd excursion in 3 months (2 DCL ships) that I felt was a rip off. We were not the only ones on the boat who were disappointed. We do plan to try it again - privately. At least it will be considerably cheaper!
Thank you so much for the detailed review. that really helped! I haven’t seen much about this excursion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!