Single Rider Lines - Any to Avoid?

My experience with single rider lines at DL is as follows:
Space Mountain- Works amazing and occasionally is not open (I have not been since Hyperspace Mountain opened though and I’ve heard that makes the single rider close more often)
Matterhorn- Works amazing but it’s just kind of hard to find. You go in the Fastpass line for it.
Indiana Jones- We tried it once, waited for half an hour (which was how long standby was) without moving at all and a lot of people were ahead of us and we never use it anymore.
Splash Mountain- It’s ok. If the standby is fairly short, but not a walk on, SR gets you in faster. When the line is longer, it’s slow but it still saves you a significant portion of the wait.
Grizzly River Run- I’ve never waited more than 2 minutes.
Radiator Springs Racers- It’s always way faster than standby. Sometimes it’s 45 minutes and sometimes 5 but it’s always way faster.
Incredicoaster- It works great sometimes and other times it doesn’t. I’ve been on 3 trips to Disneyland since it opened and every time it was broken down for a long time, so when it reopened everybody rushed over with their Fastpasses from earlier, making the standby way longer (standby is also longer because everybody rushes over to go on it) and because standby is longer, SR is ridiculously long.
Goofy’s Sky School- I refuse to go on this ride but I assume SR works well?

Hope this helps!

For Indiana Jones, it takes 5-10 minutes just to walk from the ride's exit to where you can board, and there are two slow elevators you have to ride. I generally will do the Fastpass line or a shorter standby wait. The ride does go down frequently, so it is worth a little more waiting for me to go on when it is working.

When DD was too short for Indy, DH and I were recommended using the SR line over doing rider switch. Yeah, there's a lot of walking, but that's true of the main queue, as well - have you SEEN where the ride building is versus where you enter? We each took about twenty minutes doing SR. Granted, this was 2013.

I don’t suggest avoiding Indiana Jones but I will say that its SR line is likely the longest at DL.

I haven't used many single rider lines, but the only ones I'd say work really well are Space Mountain and RSR. I've had awful experiences trying SRL for Indy and Splash so I refuse to use those anymore. Incredicoaster's was ok the one time I used it.

RSR has always been super short in my experience--never more than 15 minutes even when a lot of people are using the single rider line! Splash can definitely be long, but it's still shorter than standby. IJ's single rider line has never been available the multiple times I've tried.

RSR is the best in my experience. More times than not, my husband and I end up in the same car! I had a horrible experience with Incredicoaster in early May. It's like they forgot about the line, which kept growing, and finally the person at the front took it upon themselves to walk on the platform and ask a CM what was going on. Plus, there's that huge back up each time the elevator dumps a new group out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter