Sister Wives

Does anyone really care about the relationship between Meri and Janelle? The trip to the therapist seems like the lamest story line.

Robin does look aged. Kody does that to women. He ruins them. It is strange how none of them were able to get on the fitness/health bandwagon that they tried when they first moved to Vegas. Not one of them. And now Robin is no longer the hot skinny wife anymore (compared to the others). No offense to other fluffy women like myself :duck:.

I do find this family more interesting than the Duggars, though. I am so over them and all their weddings and nonsense.

Christine has lost a lot of weight. I think she looks great.

I noticed very early on that they eat like crap. So much boxed Frankin Food. I remember thinking with so many people they almost have to in order to just be able to afford to eat. And not just the wives but most of the girls and some of the younger boys as well. This isn’t judgement on my part. I have been obese and know full well how hard it is to get your crap together to reverse that but as a mom it would alarm me and set off a call to action.

I've noticed this too and with the Duggars. And with that comes bad skin. I notice a lot of the Brown kids and a lot of the Duggar kids have horrible skin and acne. IMO that comes from the overly processed diets.

What the heck is boxed Franklin Food?
Frankin like Frankenstein. All processed cheap crap. There’s nothing wrong with using it occasionally but if that’s all you eat you’re going to be lacking in the health department. It does not satisfy so you eat more to try and feel satiated. It’s a vicious cycle IMO.

This whole "what do they eat" thing always fascinates me. How in the world do you cook for huge numbers of people multiple times a day, and include enough protein, fresh fruit, and veg? In my grandparents' day, it would have been because you raised it all on the family farm. I assume Cody and company use tons of starches to stretch whatever else they serve? (Remember the Duggar's institutional size/style kitchen? And constant tator tot casseroles?)

Terri

This whole "what do they eat" thing always fascinates me. How in the world do you cook for huge numbers of people multiple times a day, and include enough protein, fresh fruit, and veg? In my grandparents' day, it would have been because you raised it all on the family farm. I assume Cody and company use tons of starches to stretch whatever else they serve? (Remember the Duggar's institutional size/style kitchen? And constant tator tot casseroles?)

Terri
They have regular size kitchens. I don't think they have that many kids in each individual family what 5 or 6 kids in each family that not huge is it?

Last edited:

Terri
They don’t eat together most of the time so I would assume same as I do. I’m not against convenience foods but if that’s all your diet consists of it’s going to take it’s toll. My mother and her family eat this way and the results aren’t pretty. Fruits and veggies don’t have to be strictly fresh to be healthy. I keep bags of frozen in my freezer along with lean proteins. It’s easier than ever to eat a varied, healthy diet these days. Mine wasn’t a criticism but more of an observation.

Terri
They are seen eating as a large group in the show, but on a daily basis I think they just eat like 4 separate families. Except that Dad is only there every 4th night. If they can afford those homes, they can afford some fruits and vegetables.

Hey now, he has the hot dance moves :dogdance:and he's hotter than Mexican hot sauce :love1::sunny: lol! for the record I'm totally just joking lol! He thinks he's all that so ya never know. I think if Mykelti says yes he would. He will try and convince her
I don't think so. She has worked to hard to get in the Mormon church to ever leave

At a reported $160,000 per adult (so x5) per season, I'm thinking they can more than afford to feed their family units of 5, 6, 7, etc. I guess I haven't paid too much attention to what they're eating (besides street tacos lol), I didn't think they showed it that much.

They talked more about the daily activities such as meal prep in the very beginning of the series when it was more of a documentary on how the lifestyle worked.
Now days its more about the highlights of their lives.

They talked more about the daily activities such as meal prep in the very beginning of the series when it was more of a documentary on how the lifestyle worked.
Now days its more about the highlights of their lives.
Truth be told, it's now a wedding planning show. I'm shocked they didn't do a tie-in with "Say Yes to the Dress".

At a reported $160,000 per adult (so x5) per season, I'm thinking they can more than afford to feed their family units of 5, 6, 7, etc. I guess I haven't paid too much attention to what they're eating (besides street tacos lol), I didn't think they showed it that much.

when the show was threatened with cancellation in 2016 it was reported that to keep it on the air kody renegotiated for a flat fee for the entire household-$180,000.

when the show was threatened with cancellation in 2016 it was reported that to keep it on the air kody renegotiated for a flat fee for the entire household-$180,000.
If he went from 180K per adult to 180K total, he must be a really bad negotiator. That's at least an 80% reduction, probably a lot more depending on how the non spouse adults were compensated. But hey, I guess it's more than nothing.

If you notice that TLC is putting a lot of these kinds of shows on the air so that has to cut into the Sister Wives popularity. Seeking sister wives is another show that is airing and I just noticed another show about polygamists that is airing (can't remember the name though). Still $180 K is a lot of money to make for virtually doing nothing but airing your laundry. I don't think that anyone (maybe Janelle?) has an outside job. Meri doesn't count since she just opened the B & B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter