Sister Wives

If you notice that TLC is putting a lot of these kinds of shows on the air so that has to cut into the Sister Wives popularity. Seeking sister wives is another show that is airing and I just noticed another show about polygamists that is airing (can't remember the name though). Still $180 K is a lot of money to make for virtually doing nothing but airing your laundry. I don't think that anyone (maybe Janelle?) has an outside job. Meri doesn't count since she just opened the B & B

Meri also sells Lularoe (or whatever that clothing line is) and they still do My Sister Wives Closet. I have no idea how much they make doing that. I'm pretty sure Janelle still works. I don't think she would be ok staying home all day with the rest of them.

when the show was threatened with cancellation in 2016 it was reported that to keep it on the air kody renegotiated for a flat fee for the entire household-$180,000.
Meh, even if that part is true, $180,00 isn't too shabby for just having a film crew follow you around. $36,00 for each adult (5). $45,000 if they divide by the household (4). Not really struggling, especially if they earn other income (which they should be doing, not solely relying on t.v. income).

I'm pretty sure Janelle still works. I don't think she would be ok staying home all day with the rest of them.

she's got an on-line business where she's a 'health coach'. for $35 someone can book a 40 minute consultation with her and then sign up for subsequent sessions. from what I can tell it's a subscription based site to see her workout videos (?) and get recipes and such. there's some stuff for sale on the website but it's allot of really inexpensive stuff ($10 plastic water bottles and such) so unless she's selling allot and has allot of subscribers I can't imagine it nets much $$$$$.

they seem to jump from one business venture to the next-they were going to do a gym, they were going to do real estate, they were all going to do the 'closet'...with the exception of the tlc monies I doubt they've got any significant income.

Meri also sells Lularoe (or whatever that clothing line is) and they still do My Sister Wives Closet. I have no idea how much they make doing that. I'm pretty sure Janelle still works. I don't think she would be ok staying home all day with the rest of them.
I just checked out the website to My sister Wives closet. I wonder how business is doing. I didn't really think the pieces are that great

I think Mykelti had no reaction to her mother's "something borrowed" on the wedding day because she had already been given the flowers for her bouquet
Mykelti didn't appreciate anything that was given to her. The cape Janelle gave her was lovely and thoughtful and her pictures would have looked a lot prettier coming back down the aisle with that around her shoulders instead of Tony's jacket. (Mothers know best!) She also denied her bridesmaids at the last minute of wearing their gray pashminas around their shoulders. If Christine hadn't done her hair, she probably would not have worn the antique hairpin from Robyn either. She doesn't know the meaning of the word "gracious". I can't remember what Meri gave her.

Mykelti didn't appreciate anything that was given to her. The cape Janelle gave her was lovely and thoughtful and her pictures would have looked a lot prettier coming back down the aisle with that around her shoulders instead of Tony's jacket. (Mothers know best!) She also denied her bridesmaids at the last minute of wearing their gray pashminas around their shoulders. If Christine hadn't done her hair, she probably would not have worn the antique hairpin from Robyn either. She doesn't know the meaning of the word "gracious". I can't remember what Meri gave her.
Well she will have a reality check now that she's a married adult. I wonder how her and Tony will handle their adult responsibilities . Does Tony work as a banker or something in a bank? What jobs do they both have?

I can't wait for Maddie to have her baby. I really like her and her husband. The attention will be on them and I wonder how the new couple will handle the attention on Maddie and her new little family

Yes, that was it- the blue pearls. She did not wear them.
Yes she did. At some point she was given another bracelet; a thin gold chain with an engraved plate. (It might have been from Tony - I missed that part). She took off the pearls and put it on but in a later scene she had two strands of the pearls on her other wrist.

she's got an on-line business where she's a 'health coach'. for $35 someone can book a 40 minute consultation with her and then sign up for subsequent sessions. from what I can tell it's a subscription based site to see her workout videos (?) and get recipes and such. there's some stuff for sale on the website but it's allot of really inexpensive stuff ($10 plastic water bottles and such) so unless she's selling allot and has allot of subscribers I can't imagine it nets much $$$$$.

they seem to jump from one business venture to the next-they were going to do a gym, they were going to do real estate, they were all going to do the 'closet'...with the exception of the tlc monies I doubt they've got any significant income.

Wait, Janelle is a "health coach"? I hate to be judgmental and I know she's made progress towards her weight loss goals, but is she really in a position to be coaching others? Perhaps when she completes her weight loss journey and maintains a healthier lifestyle for a while, I would buy into her having advice to offer. Until then, I don't think she's someone I would look to for help if I was struggling.

I recall that Christine got her real estate license, but there hasn't been any mention lately of her working in the field. The income issue is a little puzzling. Remember that only Meri was able to apply jointly with Kody for a mortgage. The other three had to qualify based on their own income and assets.

My heart broke for Caleb I bet it was super hard for him to swallow his pride and move in with Janelle but he did for his family. I didn't realize he had been so sick. Such a huge difference between him and Tony.

I hate that Mariah doesn't have anything to do with Meri but when she needs her. I can't understand why she asked Janelle to go. I would have figured she would have asked Robin she was living her.

It sounds like Meri and Janelle problems are misunderstandings and no wants to stay I'm sorry first.

How uncomfortable for Mariah girlfriend to have to meet all the parents like that.

My heart broke for Caleb I bet it was super hard for him to swallow his pride and move in with Janelle but he did for his family. I didn't realize he had been so sick. Such a huge difference between him and Tony.

I hate that Mariah doesn't have anything to do with Meri but when she needs her. I can't understand why she asked Janelle to go. I would have figured she would have asked Robin she was living her.

It sounds like Meri and Janelle problems are misunderstandings and no wants to stay I'm sorry first.

How uncomfortable for Mariah girlfriend to have to meet all the parents like that.

I was thinking that, too. But, I'm thinking the show probably told her to ask Janelle. Just sayin'.

I can't understand why she asked Janelle to go.

Mariah was so angry with Meri over the whole catfishing thing. she was just very intentionally mean and hurtful to her in some of the previous season's episodes (I remember the one where she went on and on at Meri in front of a group of people about Meri's makeup choices/eyebrows-just degrading and humiliating) so I wonder if in order to further hurt Meri, Mariah made a concerted effort to become buddy buddy with Janelle. it could be that a true relationship developed over time between the two, but I don't recall (prior to the catfishing) Mariah being that close to Janelle (she seemed much more 'team Robyn' b/c she liked being around the babies).

she strikes me as very immature and vindictive.

I agree that I'm not sure I'd go sign up to take health/weight loss advice from Janelle. I hate to say it but I've noticed that she looks like she's gained her weight back. I really like her though and she seems like the one that has her "stuff" together - much more than the other wives.

I agree that I'm not sure I'd go sign up to take health/weight loss advice from Janelle. I hate to say it but I've noticed that she looks like she's gained her weight back. I really like her though and she seems like the one that has her "stuff" together - much more than the other wives.

I agree that Janelle seems more together than the other wives. But I noticed something interesting about her last night during the session with the therapist. Janelle said when she feels uncomfortable or feels a conflict brewing, she shuts down and goes into avoidance mode. She hates conflict and would rather not confront or discuss it. Does that describe a person who would be happy and successful in a plural marriage? It seems like the husband and wives would need to be constantly adjusting, evaluating, considering that with five people in a marriage, there will be conflict at some point.

I have always felt that, out of all the women, Janelle seems like the one most likely to do better as the only wife. I think I would nominate Meri as an only-wife candidate too. Christine seems very happy to be the third wife and enjoys her place in the family. Robyn came from an abusive first marriage, and I think she enjoys the safety and support she gets from being one of four wives. I don't get the impression that Janelle really enjoys the whole set-up.

I agree that Janelle seems more together than the other wives. But I noticed something interesting about her last night during the session with the therapist. Janelle said when she feels uncomfortable or feels a conflict brewing, she shuts down and goes into avoidance mode. She hates conflict and would rather not confront or discuss it. Does that describe a person who would be happy and successful in a plural marriage? It seems like the husband and wives would need to be constantly adjusting, evaluating, considering that with five people in a marriage, there will be conflict at some point.
I have always felt that, out of all the women, Janelle seems like the one most likely to do better as the only wife. I think I would nominate Meri as an only-wife candidate too. Christine seems very happy to be the third wife and enjoys her place in the family. Robyn came from an abusive first marriage, and I think she enjoys the safety and support she gets from being one of four wives. I don't get the impression that Janelle really enjoys the whole set-up.

I think her and Meri have one foot out the door

Kind of off topic, but is anyone watching the new show 'Seeking Sister Wife' ? Some crazy stuff going on in those families too....like the husband who was "intimate" with his potential next wife on their VERY FIRST DATE, while his extremely pregnant wife sat home with their 2 small kids. You can't make this stuff up!

What is Big Love?

I tried to watch the Sister Wives show and it made me sick to watch. I haven't seen it since.

Big Love was a fictionalized drama show about a husband (played by Bill Paxton) with three wives (played by Chloe Seveigny, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Jeanne Triplehorn). They were more mainstreamed but did have ties to a fictionalized FLDS type group. It was on for several years. I saw a few episodes but it never really grabbed me.

Kind of off topic, but is anyone watching the new show 'Seeking Sister Wife' ? Some crazy stuff going on in those families too....like the husband who was "intimate" with his potential next wife on their VERY FIRST DATE, while his extremely pregnant wife sat home with their 2 small kids. You can't make this stuff up!
There a thread about come chat with us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts