Sister Wives

Agreed. We were mad too. Given it’s our hometown. It could of happened anywhere and we know people who were there at the event when it all went down along with a few LVMPD officers, hotel security, and Vegas homeland security. The “helpers” were more prepared for something like this since 9/11.

Ultimately, if someone has the intent to do harm, there’s no amount of deterrence or safe guards to stop a person from doing so.
Exactly.

As for the Browns, good riddance.

But...aren't those other TV families also living in Utah? Does anyone know? And...he's only legally married to one of them. How can the state prosecute someone for sleeping around? Instead of hiding and cheating, he's basically saying...I cheat and I'm public about it. It's all rather dated if you ask me. And I don't think you can use the example of that infamous polygamist family, to say all polygamist families are abusive. I believe it's a lifestyle choice, not one everyone will agree with, but hey there are lots of alternative lifestyles out there.

The State of Utah has a stricter unique provision that bans married people living with a “spiritual spouse”. At the time, they were all living in one house in Utah under the same roof. It’s on tape and they went public with that.

The State of Utah has a stricter unique provision that bans married people living with a “spiritual spouse”. At the time, they were all living in one house in Utah under the same roof. It’s on tape and they went public with that.
What's up with Utah? With today's diverse population, culture and gender...it seems crazy that Utah is still living in the dark ages. No offense to anyone with a differing opinion.

What's up with Utah? With today's diverse population, culture and gender...it seems crazy that Utah is still living in the dark ages. No offense to anyone with a differing opinion.

They aren’t the only ones. Different states just have different laws. Just google ridiculous sex laws in every State. For example, AZ you’re limited to 2 “toys” in the household.

They aren’t the only ones. Different states just have different laws. Just google ridiculous sex laws in every State. For example, AZ you’re limited to 2 “toys” in the household.
Your right, I'm familiar that states may have arcane laws still on their books, but typically they don't try to enforce them. But why do you think they picked the state they did pick, was it just random? And if the only place they will ever feel is home is Utah, I guess it will be a disappointing life.

Your right, I'm familiar that states may have arcane laws still on their books, but typically they don't try to enforce them. But why do you think they picked the state they did pick, was it just random? And if the only place they will ever feel is home is Utah, I guess it will be a disappointing life.

AZ is also a neighboring State to Utah and to save them from cancellation. Buying lots and building houses is a storyline that can be stretched. The show is their bread and butter. Plus there’s that flicker of hope they can return and live in Utah one day.

AZ is also a neighboring State to Utah and to save them from cancellation. Buying lots and building houses is a storyline that can be stretched. The show is their bread and butter. Plus there’s that flicker of hope they can return and live in Utah one day.
Yeah, good points. But it certainly doesn't seem like they have good money management sense if all they are saying is true about their amount of debt and paying for current houses, rentals and new property. How do they pay for it all....plus an expensive wedding coming up and college. I'd like to know what the show actually pays them.

Yeah, good points. But it certainly doesn't seem like they have good money management sense if all they are saying is true about their amount of debt and paying for current houses, rentals and new property. How do they pay for it all....plus an expensive wedding coming up and college. I'd like to know what the show actually pays them.

it's been reported that at the height of popularity kody and each of the wives received about $180,000 per season-so just shy of a million. NOW in order to stay on the air it's been reported that it's a flat fee for EVERYONE included of less than $200,000.

it's been reported that at the height of popularity kody and each of the wives received about $180,000 per season-so just shy of a million. NOW in order to stay on the air it's been reported that it's a flat fee for EVERYONE included of less than $200,000.
Hmm...tough times ahead I guess, still, they have lots of bills to pay at this point.

Wow, that's quite a pay cut!

They don't strike me as being particularly bright when it comes to financial decisions.

Didn't Kody say they want to sell in Vegas because the market is right to profit on the houses and they need to improve their financial situation? According to a COL calculator overall COL is 11% higher in Flagstaff than in Vegas and housing is 18% higher. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, especially since choosing Flagstaff seemed to be pretty random. Gee, it has a cute downtown area, and trees, and seasons, and we can do outdoor activities there... let's pack up and go!

Anyone know how the wedding thing works? Does the production company cover the costs since it's featured on the show? If not I imagine they get the venue for free or at least for a reduced cost in exchange for the publicity? I've been to a wedding at LaCaille. It's a lovely venue, but pricing is probably on the high end for the area.

I don't know much that isn't seen on the show, and I only watch sporadically, so I may be off. Is Mari's business the B&B thing, or LuLaRoe, or both? There didn't seem to be much of a business plan for the B&B, and aren't consultants fleeing LLR in droves? Anyone know what the other women or Kody do (if anything) in addition to being on the show, or is the show their main source of income?

I don't watch any of the other polygamy type shows, but I do sometimes get pulled back into this one when I happen to see it on my listings. Interesting lifestyle for sure.

They don't strike me as being particularly bright when it comes to financial decisions.

Didn't Kody say they want to sell in Vegas because the market is right to profit on the houses and they need to improve their financial situation? According to a COL calculator overall COL is 11% higher in Flagstaff than in Vegas and housing is 18% higher. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, especially since choosing Flagstaff seemed to be pretty random. Gee, it has a cute downtown area, and trees, and seasons, and we can do outdoor activities there... let's pack up and go!

Anyone know how the wedding thing works? Does the production company cover the costs since it's featured on the show? If not I imagine they get the venue for free or at least for a reduced cost in exchange for the publicity? I've been to a wedding at LaCaille. It's a lovely venue, but pricing is probably on the high end for the area.

I don't know much that isn't seen on the show, and I only watch sporadically, so I may be off. Is Mari's business the B&B thing, or LuLaRoe, or both? There didn't seem to be much of a business plan for the B&B, and aren't consultants fleeing LLR in droves? Anyone know what the other women or Kody do (if anything) in addition to being on the show, or is the show their main source of income?

I don't watch any of the other polygamy type shows, but I do sometimes get pulled back into this one when I happen to see it on my listings. Interesting lifestyle for sure.

I sorta get why they wanted to move when they did. One of them mentioned the shooting that happened. It would probably make me want to move to a safer place as well. Las Vegas isn’t exactly the best place in the nation to raise kids.

I watch the show religiously, pardon the pun, and I've learned more about the background and outside goings on in here. I don't look up different articles etc. that other posters research, so it's cool to hear about what else is known. I too have no idea how they manage to have those great big homes, cars, college and weddings, and afford to pay for it all. I wish we did know what their source of income actually is.

I watch the show religiously, pardon the pun, and I've learned more about the background and outside goings on in here. I don't look up different articles etc. that other posters research, so it's cool to hear about what else is known. I too have no idea how they manage to have those great big homes, cars, college and weddings, and afford to pay for it all. I wish we did know what their source of income actually is.

Ok, did some googling.

They published a book back in 2013. No idea how profitable that was.

Meri has the B&B and LLR. I checked the booking calendar for the B&B and while there's plenty of availability it looks like they're getting enough bookings to do a decent little business. I'll go with Thumper's advice "if you can't say something nice don't say nothin' at all" when it comes to LLR clothing.

You can book appointments for health coaching with Janelle, and buy merchandise with her logo plastered all over it.

Even though the whole family is listed as starting their online clothing and jewelry boutique it looks like that's Robyn's baby.

I don't see anything like the above for Christine, and no other income for Kody either, at least that I could find.

Not sure how accurate this is since it seems to be pretty generalized and may contradict the info above on how much they've actually made for the show based on it's popularity (or lack thereof) over the years, but I found an article that says: "Reality families earn about 10 percent of a show’s per-episode budget and TLC spends about $250,000 to $400,000 per episode, so the Browns have made somewhere around $3 million from filming alone since 2010 which is about $375,000 annually." The same article claims their current net worth as a family is about $1.6 million.

Solid numbers, except when you consider the size of the family.

Ok, did some googling.

They published a book back in 2013. No idea how profitable that was.

Meri has the B&B and LLR. I checked the booking calendar for the B&B and while there's plenty of availability it looks like they're getting enough bookings to do a decent little business. I'll go with Thumper's advice "if you can't say something nice don't say nothin' at all" when it comes to LLR clothing.

You can book appointments for health coaching with Janelle, and buy merchandise with her logo plastered all over it.

Even though the whole family is listed as starting their online clothing and jewelry boutique it looks like that's Robyn's baby.

I don't see anything like the above for Christine, and no other income for Kody either, at least that I could find.

Not sure how accurate this is since it seems to be pretty generalized and may contradict the info above on how much they've actually made for the show based on it's popularity (or lack thereof) over the years, but I found an article that says: "Reality families earn about 10 percent of a show’s per-episode budget and TLC spends about $250,000 to $400,000 per episode, so the Browns have made somewhere around $3 million from filming alone since 2010 which is about $375,000 annually." The same article claims their current net worth as a family is about $1.6 million.

Solid numbers, except when you consider the size of the family.
Wow...thank you for all of this! I guess they've made a pretty penny from the show. I bet with all the expenditures they have, they most likely have to pay attention to budgeting, but it sounds like it's all very doable, mostly due to what they've made on the show.

Wow...thank you for all of this! I guess they've made a pretty penny from the show. I bet with all the expenditures they have, they most likely have to pay attention to budgeting, but it sounds like it's all very doable, mostly due to what they've made on the show.
I still don't think the numbers are doable, because of the expense of maintaining 4 separate households.

I still don't think the numbers are doable, because of the expense of maintaining 4 separate households.
Yeah...good point. I guess they are making it work. We don't know what the other wives contribute, and nothing about what Kody does. I find that fascinating!

Did I hear Kody say that he was thinking of running for office in Utah? Or was I having a nightmare?
No...no nightmare....he did say it! I think he should run, why not? We had a transgender woman run in Vermont. What does it matter, other than he may not really be qualified?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter