Sister Wives

If I am remembering correctly, when the show first began, they were either all living under the same roof or referenced when they did. One of the big issues with Meri and Janelle in the beginning was the fact that they did live under one roof and they both wanted to do things one way and the other wanted to do it another way. I can see this happening again and possibly between the other wives as well if they were to live in the same house again.

If I am remembering correctly, when the show first began, they were either all living under the same roof or referenced when they did. One of the big issues with Meri and Janelle in the beginning was the fact that they did live under one roof and they both wanted to do things one way and the other wanted to do it another way. I can see this happening again and possibly between the other wives as well if they were to live in the same house again.

You are correct. When the show first started, Meri, Jenelle and Christine lived under one roof with Cody. When Robin joined the family she kept her own house and never moved into the "family home".

I'm so mad at Cody for not hearing his wives on the single family home. It's so dismissive. Christine was SO clear on her feelings about that.

"This is the kind of thing that will get a man killed in his sleep."

Sounds like justifiable homicide.

So I’m even more confused then before. I just googled “what does kody brown do for work”. It talked about how at one point he was doing online advertising. The article says that Christine is a stay at home mom. How is it that she was the only one that purchased a home In expensive Flagstaff? I’m sure it was scripted but it seemed like she announced to kody and the family “oh I bought a house and I close....”. And did anyone catch her mentioning that she and kody bought that plot of land. She was upset because it referred to her as a “single female” on the deed

So I’m even more confused then before. I just googled “what does kody brown do for work”. It talked about how at one point he was doing online advertising. The article says that Christine is a stay at home mom. How is it that she was the only one that purchased a home In expensive Flagstaff? I’m sure it was scripted but it seemed like she announced to kody and the family “oh I bought a house and I close....”. And did anyone catch her mentioning that she and kody bought that plot of land. She was upset because it referred to her as a “single female” on the deed

I havent watched in years. No point. They dont educate on religion or polygamy or how the kids deal with anything ourside the family etc.., only about the boring daily lives of the adults. I cant believe its still on the air, but to your post...her job is the show. They get paid a lot of money per episode. If it wasnt for the show, they would be struggling with all those kids.

I dont understand the religion. I have no knowledge of the beliefs or goals, but dating that many woman and having 20+ kids is just irresponsible. They are a fortunte family to have this show, but Im sure there are many other similar "families" out there who are living in poverty, most likely getting government assistance.

One of the big issues with Meri and Janelle in the beginning was the fact that they did live under one roof and they both wanted to do things one way and the other wanted to do it another way

it got so bad that at one point BEFORE they moved to the utah house that was shown at the beginning of the series janelle separated from kody and lived on her own w/their kids for about 3 years.

all 4 of the wives have been VERY CLEAR that they NEVER want to cohabitate, and that was supposedly the reasoning behind wanting all the acreage-so that each household could have a 'private' backyard (kody made some kind of comment about loving to have 1 shared backyard but that the wives were not on board b/c of privacy needs).

despite what ANY of his family members want or need-kody gonna do what koda wants to do. he reminds me very much of matt roloff in that he always wants to be the center of attention no matter what the circumstance/event, looks at every situation w/only himself considered, has NO concept of what any move/project/business entails as far as man hours/work/money-just solely focused on what he perceives/desires as the outcome. then he gets bored and just wants to go on to the next thing and start over again just as we are seeing matt do w/the farm on lpbw-decades of filling those kid's heads w/ 'it's our family legacy to be passed down....', kody sold those wives and kids on vegas and made it their promised land where they established friendships, relationships, a sense of community-they bought into it but now he's ready to sell (or if the tabloids are right-have it foreclosed from under him).

Yes Janelle lived in another state (Wyoming??) for a few years. They didn't always live in the big house together.

I thought there were supposedly religious reasons behind polygamy. It seems as if this would have been the perfect opportunity for them to discuss their religious beliefs. Instead you hear VERY little about their religious views. Sometimes before meals or special events they pray, but not much else.

I think she was upset because the deed to her new house in Flagstaff referred to her as "a single woman," not the piece of land. The land was probably purchased by Kody, or maybe by Kody and Robyn since she's the legal wife. I think it was explained that rentals are very hard to come by in Flagstaff and Christine couldn't find one that would suit her family. They determined it was better to have her purchase a house for her and her kids. She was able to get the type of house she needed and can sell it and recover the money when the new houses are built. Christine has a real estate license and they've shown her working as a realtor before. They've also said that they pool their money. The family as a whole probably made the down payment and will be making the payments, just as the other wives will get money for rent. It could also be that Christine has the best credit record and was able to qualify for a house more easily than the others. Janelle and Robyn were able to find rentals. Meri was still unsure of where she would be living.

As for what Kody does for a living, who knows? When the show started, I believe he was in advertising sales. The family gets money for each episode of the show. I remember hearing at one point that TLC wanted to cancel the show because the family was getting paid too much for it to be profitable. Kody negotiated a lower rate to keep the show going.

Cody is nuts if he thinks that the wives are going to go for his 'one house' idea. I saw a glimpse of the blueprint from next week's episode. I sure wouldn't want to live in that thing. If he is going to have 4 wives, then they each need their own houses. I still have never figured out what he does for a living either. He never seems to be working??
Yes, someone way back in this thread said she couldn't find anything about what Kody does for a living. I'd like to know as well.

I thought there were supposedly religious reasons behind polygamy. It seems as if this would have been the perfect opportunity for them to discuss their religious beliefs. Instead you hear VERY little about their religious views. Sometimes before meals or special events they pray, but not much else.
I agree, I don't know why they believe Polygamy is sanctioned by God. They never talk about it.

I liked the conversation between Aspen and her mother. Aspen was the only one who made sense. She said she can't understand why the move, and why now. I have to agree. They have the ideal situation, four separate, really nice houses, all in one culdesac. They're uprooting their kids, taking them away from their school and friends, to get separated for a year and build new houses. And they're moving further away from other family. Aspen said they would be 8 hours away from her and Mitch, once they move to Utah, versus four hours. Christine says, I'm done with Las Vegas...really...your done because? Because Kody says your done. Oh, and Christine being upset because the paperwork for her house says, "a single woman". Really, like you never expected any paperwork to use the term single on it. Come on, she's not stupid, of course it's going to say single. I think her being upset about that was just as ridiculous as the reason (if you can call it a reason) for moving. When Christine said "financially" it made sense for them to move, Aspen said, "aren't the houses going to cost more there?" What could Christine say to that. Yes, they are, but it still makes sense to move...oh, that's when she said she was "done" with Las Vegas. No wonder Aspen can't wrap her head around it.

I liked the conversation between Aspen and her mother. Aspen was the only one who made sense. She said she can't understand why the move, and why now. I have to agree. They have the ideal situation, four separate, really nice houses, all in one culdesac. They're uprooting their kids, taking them away from their school and friends, to get separated for a year and build new houses. And they're moving further away from other family. Aspen said they would be 8 hours away from her and Mitch, once they move to Utah, versus four hours. Christine says, I'm done with Las Vegas...really...your done because? Because Kody says your done. Oh, and Christine being upset because the paperwork for her house says, "a single woman". Really, like you never expected any paperwork to use the term single on it. Come on, she's not stupid, of course it's going to say single. I think her being upset about that was just as ridiculous as the reason (if you can call it a reason) for moving. When Christine said "financially" it made sense for them to move, Aspen said, "aren't the houses going to cost more there?" What could Christine say to that. Yes, they are, but it still makes sense to move...oh, that's when she said she was "done" with Las Vegas. No wonder Aspen can't wrap her head around it.
I think that talk nicely summed up the weirdness of the move. I do think it's unreasonable for a grown woman (grown enough to be married) to be so fixated on her parents' move. I mean, she can move but they can't? But she raised great questions, ones the viewers have, and ones any reasonable person watching would have.

The "done with Vegas" thing just rings so untrue. If they had issues with Vegas, it would have come up before this.

I keep thinking the "single woman" thing was just inserted to add some drama. I mean, she had to qualify as a single woman, so surely it didn't come as a shock to see it on the document. Isn't she a real estate agent? Then yeah, that wasn't a shock.

Exactly. I watched in the beginning because I wanted to learn and understand the reasoning behind polygamy. I tried to keep an open mind and was hoping I could understand why people live a polygamist lifestyle. I learned nothing. I actually learned so little that I believe now more than ever its nothing more than an open marriage, benefiting the man. Wish they could have proved me wrong. TLC is anything but The Learning Channel. Same with LPBW...first season I learned of the struggles of being a little person, but once the money reached their hands, nothing seemed to be a challenge anymore. And dont even get me started on Teen Mom, although not a TLC program, it definitely doesnt show the struggles of being a teen mom. Quite the opposite. It shows young girls they can have a kid at 16 and by 18 own a nice house and go on great vacations. I dont understand why these networks pay these people to do nothing. The only show I watch on TLC is The Little Couple. Come on..who couldnt watch Will and Zoey all day?? !!! (not to mention hilarious Bill and wonderful Jen!)

Exactly. I watched in the beginning because I wanted to learn and understand the reasoning behind polygamy. I tried to keep an open mind and was hoping I could understand why people live a polygamist lifestyle. I learned nothing. I actually learned so little that I believe now more than ever its nothing more than an open marriage, benefiting the man. Wish they could have proved me wrong. TLC is anything but The Learning Channel. Same with LPBW...first season I learned of the struggles of being a little person, but once the money reached their hands, nothing seemed to be a challenge anymore. And dont even get me started on Teen Mom, although not a TLC program, it definitely doesnt show the struggles of being a teen mom. Quite the opposite. It shows young girls they can have a kid at 16 and by 18 own a nice house and go on great vacations. I dont understand why these networks pay these people to do nothing. The only show I watch on TLC is The Little Couple. Come on..who couldnt watch Will and Zoey all day?? !!! (not to mention hilarious Bill and wonderful Jen!)
Bill and Jen really are the best. Love them and the kids are adorable. It's been a treat watching Zoey blossom from that screaming mess into the confident, talkative (and smart!) kid that she is. Will is adorable too. Those 2 kids hit the life lottery.

The only show I watch on TLC is The Little Couple. Come on..who couldnt watch Will and Zoey all day?? !!! (not to mention hilarious Bill and wonderful Jen!)

Those kids are the most spoiled, obnoxious kids on television. JMHO. I like Jen, and Bill has grown on me, but those kids are not fun to watch. I am a little curious what they will be like in 10 years.

The whole bit with Kody trying to design a house for everyone is total crap and no way anything else but them trying to make their story more interesting. Never going to happen. It should be the way they HAVE to live, but now they are all used to living separately and they won't stand for it. Him trying to divide the square footage between the wives was a joke. Robin does not need 6 bedrooms, are her kids never going to leave? Do all the kids need their own bedrooms? I would say at least half of the kids in this country share a bedroom with a sibling. This family is something else. Entitled much?

Why is Kody hyperfocused on not seeing his children during this transition. Isn't that the way it usually is, he spends a day or two at each house and keeps rotating? If he wants to go visit another house is that just not allowed? Geez!!! I feel so bad for him. And him wanting them all to move in 16 days was really funny. I can't imagine moving myself in that much time let alone trying to get 4 houses all packed up and moved. This whole moving situation is very strange. I would love to know what's really driving this.

I also watch the other sister wives show, don't remember the name. One couple is from Utah, and they are out there on television admitting to it. Why aren't they picking up and moving out of Utah. Kody just got it in his head they should move, so that's what they are doing. Who knows what the real reason is, but they aren't making it public. And, why don't they just move to a state closer to Utah, if that's where other family is? I guess the show might be losing ratings, so they have to come up with something to keep us watching and talking about it...LOL! Oh, and did you see Meri in this week's episode, pulling her usual crap, where she said it would be a good idea for them to all move together, then she turns around and says she can't move when they do because of Mariah's move. Come on Meri, just more drama from you...oh and living in a RV...best idea she ever had! Then you can turn around and cry about that! And what is this whole, we have to move together idea. Whose brain child was that? Let's just make this even more complicated than it has to be...we all have to move at the same time, even when some of them don't have a place to live. Christine's going to put herself up in a hotel....really? And God forbid, anyone has to stay with Robyn until they find a place...that's simply out of the question. Paying for a hotel is obviously the better solution....come on.

The only show I watch on TLC is The Little Couple. Come on..who couldnt watch Will and Zoey all day?? !!! (not to mention hilarious Bill and wonderful Jen!)

Me. Those 2 little brats are completely out of control and Bill and Jen do absolutely nothing about it. Their behavior is not cute at all.

I used to watch The Little Couple, I didn't know it was still on. I guess I'll see what's happening now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!