Sit and Stand Stroller

ttm999

Earning My Ears
I've been trying to decide whether to buy a double stroller or just rent when we get there. My kids will be 5 and 3. A friend offered us use of their sit and stand stroller. I think my 3 year old will be able to squeeze in the front. I think it is typically made for a smaller child. And my 5 year old can sit in the back or stand when she wants a break.

What do you think? Anyone use one of these at Disney.

We've used our Sit and Stand for the past 3 years at all the Disney parks. My small six year old still fits in the front. They are great, the older child can either stand or sit on the jump seat in the back.

It is difficult to get to the basket underneath when the kids are in the stroller, but that didn't bother us too much.

I would give it a test run before you go to see how your kids fit.

I have 2 DD's who are now 3 and 6 and we have a Sit and Stand and it's in the basement and I don't think I've used it since my youngest turned 1.

It's big and bulky and heavy; not really WDW material, IMHO, of course. Also, my older daughter never really liked it that much.

So then I replaced it with a nice lightweight stroller for my younger DD and then I have a double side-by-side for WDW trips only for the both of them. It folds down to the size of a regular umbrella stroller!

Good luck!

Test it out before you go

I had one of these strollers, and although convenient to push, they weigh a TON. If you are using bus transport it might be a real pain to schlep up and down the stairs and they are very bulky even when folded. Just a thought.....

BTW, I have a Graco side by side double. It is our disney stroller, the basket is enormous, it's a bit bulky when folded, but fairly light and very comfy for DD 5 and DS 3. My no-nap-at-home kids both conk out in at Disney, and we don't have to wake them up to return it and have 2 cranky kids to get to our car or Disney transport.

I think I will give it a test run in our mall. And we may be doing a trip to Tweetsie in the next few weeks also!

Thanks for the advice!

We have used this stroller for our last two trips to Disney. It is okay, our children were 2&5 on the last trip. It would never fail that they both ended up falling asleep on the same ride or show and then we had to carry one out. It is a little akward to steer with both kids on it. I find I do like it for when I take the kids out to the mall or someplace by myself. For our trip in november we are planning on one mall type stroller and a umbrellor.

can your 5 year old make it through the mall on foot? if so, id bring one stroller for your younger child and only rent one for your older child when you need to.

i have a sit and stand and do love it, but the heavier your kids the tougher it is to steer.

My sister has a sit and stand stroller for her kids who are now 5 and 3. She uses it at malls etc., but for their upcoming trip to WDW, they will be taking two umbrellas. She says that it is too heavy/bulky for WDW, and doesn't fold up small enough for the buses.

--Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter