Sith Lord Trip to Dopey 2019 - A 2018/2019 training journal (comments welcome)

Krandor

DIS Veteran
Contact Info. Anybody is welcome to add me

Garmin - Krandor
Strava - https://www.strava.com/athletes/5612724
Trainingpeaks - Krandor
MFP - Krandor1

So a little background. I started running about 4 or 5 years back to lose weight and did lose a lot. I finished several half marathings, OCRs, New York Marathon and Dopey in 2016.

Somewhere in mid 2016 through 2017 I kinda lost my mojo a bit for training but still did races. In later 2017 stopped doing many of races to and put back on about 50 pounds. Made runninng tougher so did less even though I was signed up for dopey 2017. I went to dopey and stuggled in all races. Finished 3 but didn't finish the marathon and almost expected that going in (and I think I may have sabotaged myself mentally some).

Anyway, my running isn't where I want it to be and I am going back to dopey in 2019 to avenge. Since this last dopey I did more run/walk and especially walking then running I've decided to start back at basics and build a good base so starting with a 5k/10k plan right now but that is a 3 day a week plan and I'm making it a 7 day a week plan then going to do a half marathon plan then a marathon plan. Interesting enough all the dates fit perfectly into race schedules.

ALso I'm doing runbet as well and right now my runbet miles are higher then my training plan miles so I'm adding miles to the end to hit the runbet numbers. Also tracking my training in an annual training plan in trainingpeaks and making sure I hit my Tss numbers each week. That is my plan at least.

So here is my overall schedule and major races included.

Today - April 11 - Run through 5k/10k plan at accelerated pace to help re-build my base

April 19-22 - Star Wars Dark Side challenge (doing 10k and half and goal is to run at least 3M straight on 10k and 6M straight on half. Only setting 3 on 10k just to avoid wearing myself out too much for the half)

Right after that I move into a half marathon plan with the goal to run all the miles

The last week of that wll hit 7/4 which is my next big race with the largest 10k in the world with the peachtree road race with a goal to run the whole thing which I haven't done in a few years (hilly course).

Once that finished move right into marathon plan which will end on 11/25 for my next two races where I have thanksgiving half marathon and 3 days later Space Coast Marathon. Person race combiantion for dopey training.

Not sure yet what 11/25 through dopey will look like. Mostly just maintaining and probably add in a few december runs to try to get close to the back to back to back to back section for dopey.

Last edited:
So this weeks Schedule and completion so far. I have two races this weekend in sunday at 1am and 8am. Looks like rain so may be miserable.

Mon 3/5 - W2D2 of plan plus added miles to hit 2 miles for runbet (complete)
Tue 3/6 - W2D3 of plan plus added miles to hit 2.2 miles for runbet (complete)
Wed 3/7 - W3D1 of plan plus added mile to hit 2.5 miles for runbet (complete)
Thu 3/8 - W3D2 but no added mules so around 1.5 miles (rest day basically) (complete)
Fri 3/9 - W3D3 of plan and added mile to hit 2.8 miles for runbet
Sat 3/10 - W4D1 of plan plus added miles to hit 3 miles for runbet (runbet for week done)
Sat 3/11 - W4D2 of plan as part of 5K #1 at 1am and then 5K #2 at 8am

I'm also doing a stepbet and 3 dietbets so I can lose some weight and go faster.

Going to try to update this more often.

Finished the week with 17.6M. Over 11000 steps a day except for one rest day (averaged to 8500/day) and down 2.6 pounds from last week.

Finished this week strong. Finished up one 6 week stepbet. have a dietbet and runbet finishing next week. Monday starts an 8 week stepbet with NO free days where I have to do 8,649 steps very day with no free or rest days at all for the whole 8 weeks.

Also got my a water bottle that tracks how much water i've had during the day and nags me if I dont drink enough....which it is doing right now.

Next week is goning to be a bit tougher schedule wise becaause mom is coming into town and also have a 5k OCR saturday. What will make it tough is my 5 runbet runs are all longer then 5k so going to be tricky to get them all in. Below is my current planned schedule for next week. I may just try to get all my runbet runs in Mon-Fri so I don't have to worry about finding time in the weekend for them and then just have to get in my steps for stepbet.

After next week time to get ready for Dark Side challenge.

Mon - 3.2M (runbet day 1)
Tue - 3.5M (runbet day 2)
Wed - 4M (runbet day 3)
Thu - 3M (easy day)
Fri - 4.2M (runbet day 4)
Sat - 5k OCR
Sun - 5M (runbet day 5)

And upcoming dates

April 15 - end of one dietbet
April 15 - end of current runbet
April 22 - end of one stepbet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!