Sitting in Economy person in front reclines seat all the way!

My .02 is this.....

Do I despise it immensely when the seat in front of me reclines, usually with no forewarning and bruised knees to go with it? You bet I do! But the reality is I expect it to happen.

I’m certain 90% of the time the seat in front of me has been reclined at some point during the flight. I’m only 5’9” but my inseam in 33”, I’m all legs. It hurts like heck when those seats come back like a shot into my kneecaps. I really feel for you 6” + folks.

Nothing I can do but grin and bear it.

I refuse to make the flight miserable for my family, myself and those around me by making this a big, 2+ hour long ordeal.

I just channel my inner Elsa and let that crap go.

I don't often recline my seat myself on a flight - I'm usually traveling with my kids so it's not like I'm relaxing in any way! But if I do recline my seat I usually check the seat behind me first to make sure the person isn't leaning forward, holding a baby or anything like that which would make my seat hit them. And then when I go to recline the seat, I hold the back of it and push it back slowly so it doesn't slam back and hit someone. I find this helps a lot with those abrupt movements jamming the seat into the person behind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!