Six TS but only Five DDP credits help

Nohal

DIS Veteran
We are going in August with 5 Adults and 1 Child. I was originally thinking of paying OOP for the breakfast buffet at Crystal Palace because I thought character meals were always a good use of a TS credit. However, I don't really know the price of the breakfast per person as Disney web site has listed a range of prices. We are eating at the following and they are all dinners:

Olivia's
La Hacienda
O'hanas
The Wave
Chef de France

Thinking maybe Olivia's should be the one to pay OOP. Olivias is our first night dinner and considering we will have been up since 3:30am I think it will be a quick dinner.

Does anyone know the exact price of the breakfast buffet for adult and child at Crystal Palace?

Absolutely use the child TS credit at Crystal Palace (you can pay some guests with credits and others OOP at the same meal).

In general, child TS are more valuable at character meals and adult TS are more valuable at plated meals. But that's a general rule and specific cases vary. It may even be wise to not specifically allocate the adult TS credits and choose to pay for a specific person's meal here and there OOP if they decide to order light any specific night, to make the credits spread out over the meals more effectively.

That is, I see four menu service meals listed, and you're trying to save 5 adult TS credits overall. If you pay OOP for the cheapest order at each stop, you've already saved 4 of the 5. Or, as you point out, if multiple people order light at your first dinner, then you can choose to save multiple credits there and worry less about it as the week progresses.

In short, use the ability to mix-and-match credits and OOP at the same meal to your advantage.

We are going in August with 5 Adults and 1 Child. I was originally thinking of paying OOP for the breakfast buffet at Crystal Palace because I thought character meals were always a good use of a TS credit. However, I don't really know the price of the breakfast per person as Disney web site has listed a range of prices. We are eating at the following and they are all dinners:

Olivia's
La Hacienda
O'hanas
The Wave
Chef de France

Thinking maybe Olivia's should be the one to pay OOP. Olivias is our first night dinner and considering we will have been up since 3:30am I think it will be a quick dinner.

Does anyone know the exact price of the breakfast buffet for adult and child at Crystal Palace?
Have you checked allears?

I used touring plans for buffet pricing. It was updated in March and has Crystal Palace breakfast at $34 per adult and $20 per child, plus tax.

I think out of your choices Olivia's would be good to pay OOP for sure. We are doing the same thing when we arrive and doing OOP our first night. I am not sure if we will do a TS though or might just go to Earl of Sandwich or something quick because we will be tired from traveling all day. I am also afraid of having a reservation for a time and if our flight is delayed and we might miss it. I might even just check the app when I arrive and see what comes up and if nothing I know there is a lot of options in Disney Springs.

I think out of your choices Olivia's would be good to pay OOP for sure. We are doing the same thing when we arrive and doing OOP our first night.

I agree with paying Olivia's OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter