Six Weeks Out. Any final tips?!?!

nutshell

Oh, Disney!
My family of four (me, wife, DD18, and DS14) heading to WDW for the first time late July. We have three days in the parks. No park hoppers. We would stay longer, but we’re going on a Disney Cruise after a few days in the park. We’re flying from the west coast, so are concerned about jet lag and RD. We are Disneyland veterans, and have been to Tokyo Disney Resort a couple times.

Here’s our plan so far.

Monday.
Fly to Orlando. Check-in at POFQ. Take boat to Disney Springs and eat dinner at Raglan Road.

Tuesday. MK Day.
Rope drop.
10:00. BTMRR FP.
11:00. Space FP.
11:55. Lunch at Be Our Guest.
12:25. 7DMT FP. Obviously, we won’t be there when thwe window opens. We’ll catch after lunch before window closes.
Parade
6:00. Crystal Palace.
HEA

Wednesday. Epcot Day.
Sleep in and arrive around 11am.
11:10. FEA FP.
12:15. Spaceship Earth FP.
1:15. Mission Space. No one is excited for this ride. I’m claustrophobic. It’s too intense for my wife. DD18 gets light headed easily. DS14 would be fine. I grabbed this FP for no other reason than there wasn’t really anything else in Tier 2 we might be interested in.
6:00. Chefs de France.
Illuminations.

Thursday. AK Day.
Rope drop. Navi.
9:45. Expedition Everest.
11:00. Tucker House.
12:25. Kilimanjaro Safari.
1:25. Avatar.
ROL

Friday.
Checkout and head to cruise.

I’m using touringplans to help fill in other rides, but am flexible.

Any suggestions, tips, tricks, etc. are greatly appreciated!

I'm 4 weeks out, it's so exciting isn't it! Have a great trip

Sounds like and a good plan and most of all be flexible! Adjust what you need according to crowds...if you see a short wait time as you are passing by something, jump on it! And, have fun!

First of all. It's absurd that this thread was moved off the main board by the mods. You are asking for advice, just as everyone else is.

As far as advice. My first question is whether you are planning on riding Splash Mountain. I ask because if you're not going to ride Splash, I would try and move the Big Thunder FP to the afternoon. I say this because it is on the totally opposite side of the Park than Space Mountain, and that is a lot of back and forth.

If you are wanting to ride Splash, then I would try and move Space to later in the day, and simply start out in Adventureland and Frontierland while you work towards your BOG lunch.

First of all. It's absurd that this thread was moved off the main board by the mods. You are asking for advice, just as everyone else is.

As far as advice. My first question is whether you are planning on riding Splash Mountain. I ask because if you're not going to ride Splash, I would try and move the Big Thunder FP to the afternoon. I say this because it is on the totally opposite side of the Park than Space Mountain, and that is a lot of back and forth.

If you are wanting to ride Splash, then I would try and move Space to later in the day, and simply start out in Adventureland and Frontierland while you work towards your BOG lunch.
I agree about the move!

Splash is just a maybe for us. My wife doesn’t like getting wet. Lol. Also, I think Splash is essentially identical at Disneyland, but space is a little different. Or am I wrong about that?

Living with the Land is actually a very interesting and fun ride. Everybody in our 13 person extended family group (aged 7-70) liked it. We ride at least once every trip. It's an easy FP to get, maybe switch with Mission Space. Then, as soon as you've tapped to enter the FP queue, get on MDE and try to get a FP for Soarin, since you're right there. If you don't want to do that, since nobody really wants to do Mission Space, just tap to get that FP "used" then try for another Tier 1.

Otherwise, looks like a great trip, I hope you have fun!!

Living with the Land is actually a very interesting and fun ride. Everybody in our 13 person extended family group (aged 7-70) liked it. We ride at least once every trip. It's an easy FP to get, maybe switch with Mission Space. Then, as soon as you've tapped to enter the FP queue, get on MDE and try to get a FP for Soarin, since you're right there. If you don't want to do that, since nobody really wants to do Mission Space, just tap to get that FP "used" then try for another Tier 1.

Otherwise, looks like a great trip, I hope you have fun!!
Thank you!

My family of four (me, wife, DD18, and DS14) heading to WDW for the first time late July. We have three days in the parks. No park hoppers. We would stay longer, but we’re going on a Disney Cruise after a few days in the park. We’re flying from the west coast, so are concerned about jet lag and RD. We are Disneyland veterans, and have been to Tokyo Disney Resort a couple times.

Here’s our plan so far.

Monday.
Fly to Orlando. Check-in at POFQ. Take boat to Disney Springs and eat dinner at Raglan Road.

Tuesday. MK Day.
Rope drop.
10:00. BTMRR FP.
11:00. Space FP.
11:55. Lunch at Be Our Guest.
12:25. 7DMT FP. Obviously, we won’t be there when thwe window opens. We’ll catch after lunch before window closes.
Parade
6:00. Crystal Palace.
HEA

Wednesday. Epcot Day.
Sleep in and arrive around 11am.
11:10. FEA FP.
12:15. Spaceship Earth FP.
1:15. Mission Space. No one is excited for this ride. I’m claustrophobic. It’s too intense for my wife. DD18 gets light headed easily. DS14 would be fine. I grabbed this FP for no other reason than there wasn’t really anything else in Tier 2 we might be interested in.
6:00. Chefs de France.
Illuminations.

Thursday. AK Day.
Rope drop. Navi.
9:45. Expedition Everest.
11:00. Tucker House.
12:25. Kilimanjaro Safari.
1:25. Avatar.
ROL

Friday.
Checkout and head to cruise.

I’m using touringplans to help fill in other rides, but am flexible.

Any suggestions, tips, tricks, etc. are greatly appreciated!

If you've never been to Epcot I'd recommend Living with the Land as one of your Tier 2 instead of Mission Space. The line for LwtL can get longish and it's way more fun/interesting than Mission Space.

I like your plan for not RD Epcot, but I'd come up with a priority list because you might get overwhelmed. Most of the WS movies can be skipped, but do not miss American Adventure!

ETA - I've never been to Crystal Palace for dinner, but it's a buffet and from what I've read generally mediocre. You might want to research a different restaurant or perhaps visit one of the monorail resorts for dinner. It will be fast though, which might be want you want with limited time.

Last edited:
Moderators, why do you keep putting this thread in Doing the Happy Dance? I am NOT doing the happy dance. I’m looking for suggestions and strategy. Can we please have this thread in the correct forum?

I agree with the Living with the Land suggestion. And Seasons is a great counter service for lunch or snacks in the Land pavilion if you end up getting one for around the same time as your Mission Space fp.

Epcot day: if you don’t want Mission Space, don’t get a fast pass for it. I agree with the others that suggest Living With The Land. If that doesn’t appeal to you either, make a throw away fast pass for the morning before you arrive. Then you can get a whatever fast pass for your fourth as soon as you check in for your 12:15 at Spaceship Earth. Have fun!

For a three day trip I would definitely RD Epcot. Hit Soarin first and can do a few times before a 10 min wait even starts to form. Then hit Living with the Land in the same building. Then Nemo ride and then Figment and then you will be done on that side all in an hour. Then Test Track single rider. All before the park gets really crowded.

Your plans look fine. I would definitely choose those 3 parks on a 3-day visit. You will just miss TSL at DHS which will be the "new" thing to go see.

MK:

- Everything looks fine to me.

EPCOT:

- Like others, I would definitely try to RD that park, but I understand if you don't want to RD everyday.

- Living with the Land is a great option for a fastpass instead of Mission Space, but I have seen Living with the Land with pretty short wait times on several occasions. Mostly in the morning though.

- I always recommend to everyone to see at least one performance of the Voices of Liberty. They only perform at the American Adventure pavilion in the late morning to the later mid-afternoon. :)

AK:

- DO NOT miss the Festival of the Lion King. :)

MK- Try to do Splash Mountain first then do BTMRR FP. If the train is operating when you get on Main Street, it’s a super quick way to get directly to the ride. You can also get back on the train and get off at Fantasy Land and take the back path to Space, (the train circles the park icydk). Monsters Inc. Laugh Factory is actually funny and worth doing if you want to check out anything with a low wait time.

Epcot- The Pixar short films at Epcot are a great break from the heat. Very entertaining and clever short films for any age. Plus, it’s never busy. I’m not a fan of Figment. I think it’s dated and just overall not a great ride. Same with Mission Space. I’d definitely do Test Track single rider instead.
If you want to grab a quick bite, the Lotus Blossom Cafe in China is AMAZING. It’s got to be the same chefs in the connected Nine Dragons restaurant. The beef noodles are so delicious and you can taste the fresh orange in the orange chicken! The pastries in Les Halles Boulangerie are awesome for after dinner.

AK- Great time for Kilimanjaro. That’s the time frame that I’ve seen the most animals out. Go see the tigers on the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Kali River Rapids is a fun ride if you have the time.

Bring Ponchos every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter