Sizzix For Jewelry Making

Forum Jumper

uses lots of words
I frequently watch Beads, Baubles & Jewels on PBS and, once in a while, they show someone making leather jewelry pieces and cutting them with a die machine. I have been searching all over the place for info about this die cutting machine and now I am seeking input.

Has anyone any experience with cutting leather on a Sizzix?

It appears there used to be a Big Shot Jewelry Studio Machine that isn't made by the manufacturer any more (although there are some on Amazon still for sale). Looking around, maybe any Big Shot Machine can cut leather? Does anyone know or have any experience using Sizzix to cut various leather? TIA

I have not cut leather with my Sizzix die cutting machine. I'm sure with a couple of passes through it would cut leather if it was thin.

I know recently I have seen some tutorials for cutting leather with the Silhouette and the Cricut die cutting machines.

Sorry I am of no real help with this issue.

I don't have a Sizzix. I've cut leather with my Silhouette Cameo for earrings and bracelets.

If your Sizzix can cut thicker material, such as very heavy cardstock, you might be OK. I'd try faux leather first though, the thinner kind with the woven or knitted back. I get mine from the local we-have-everything store that's everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!