Skyauction top choices

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
We recently stayed a week in 2 br at Cypress Palms and loved the location. The drive to Disney was easy and quick. Restaurants and shopping right there.

We are considering a month stay at a resort and wanted to ask, if you could rate the properties on skyauction, what order would you put them in? We want the $1 bids.

I've stayed at Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana and both are great, but not likely to be found on the $1 bids. We stayed at Silver Lake in a 3 Bedroom unit this past August and I would say it was perfectly acceptable. It was clean and spacious and so very close to Animal Kingdom. The price couldn't be beat .. I think we paid $540 for a two bedroom and a one bedroom that were joined. So we had two kitchens , two living rooms, three bedrooms, three bathrooms and 2 balconies.
Again, it was fine, just nothing spectacular. I wouldn't pay more for it, but we felt we got a great deal. After splitting it with my brother.. it was about $60 a night for my five. There was a Target and every restaurant you could think of in the near vicinity and Animal Kingdom was literally 3 minutes away.

We love WBC and Vistana but you rarely get those for a $1 bid. We have stayed in 2 or 3 bedroom units at Silver Lake, Cypress Pointe, Cypress Pointe Grandevillas, Blue Tree Resort, Grand Beach Resort and Cypress Palms through SkyAuction for about $300-$500 a week with all fees included and felt they were all good deals.

We love WBC and Vistana but you rarely get those for a $1 bid. We have stayed in 2 or 3 bedroom units at Silver Lake, Cypress Pointe, Cypress Pointe Grandevillas, Blue Tree Resort, Grand Beach Resort and Cypress Palms through SkyAuction for about $300-$500 a week with all fees included and felt they were all good deals.

How would you rate them in order? I am trying to find one for 3 weeks or more without added fees. It is proving difficult.

How would you rate them in order? I am trying to find one for 3 weeks or more without added fees. It is proving difficult.

I rate them all the same, so I'd be happy with any of them. Silver Lake is very close to AK, Cypress Pointe, Blue Tree and Cypress Pointe Grandvillas are close to Disney Springs. Grand Beach is just down the road, near Vistana. And Cypress Palms is just off of 192, as you know. They are all very different resorts, but they are all very clean and comfortable and just a step down from Vistana and/or WBC because they're smaller with a bit less of a resort feel. The way we choose is this: we compare prices between WBC/Vistana and the others mentioned here. If the difference is $150 or less for the week, we choose WBC/Vistana. If it's more, then we choose any of the others based on availability.

There are many $1 condos that I personally would not stay in based on reviews. The better timeshares are not available at $1 on Skyauction. Some, like Cypress Pointe now charge additional fees ($10 per day) so be careful if you on a tight budget.

Of the $1 ones I would stay in, my order would be:
1. Cypress Palms
2. Silver Lake
3. Westgate Leisure (they are not great, but are convenient to Seaworld - no free internet, feels unsafe)
4. Magic Tree (missing amenities but well maintained. Pool is warm in the winter)
5. High Point (basic but nice enough)
6. Grand Lake (very basic)
7. Westgate Villas ( some units are terrible)

I Would not return to Summer Bay or Club Seville. Our unit at Mystic Dunes was horrible. Some resorts have old, unremodeled rooms. We tend to move to resorts that have remodeled recently.

Plan on moving every week. It is not a big deal and we like the new and different experiences. Timeshares vary greatly. I don't consider them all the same. The cheap one are cheap for a reason. People paying real money want to stay elsewhere. Be careful. You couldn't pay me to stay in some of them. Also be careful with unit size and amenities. Some units can be very small and missing many amenities.

We carry our own high quality sheets, pillows and a down comforter to make any unit feel more like home.

I was curious about Silver Lake and Summer Bay resorts that I see on SkyAuction too. I have never used SkyAuction but was considering it. My family prefers more time spent at the resort than the parks so amenities are VERY important to us. I was wondering how Silver Lake compared to others. We prefer WBC, Orange Lake, The Fountains and Westgate Town Center. None of these are offered on SkyAuction. Sometimes WBC but not often. We have not tried Vistana or any of the Marriotts yet. They are on my list for the future. But I am curious about Silver Lake and Summer Bay since my sister wants a reasonable place to consider for a family reunion.

I was curious about Silver Lake and Summer Bay resorts that I see on SkyAuction too. I have never used SkyAuction but was considering it. My family prefers more time spent at the resort than the parks so amenities are VERY important to us. I was wondering how Silver Lake compared to others. We prefer WBC, Orange Lake, The Fountains and Westgate Town Center. None of these are offered on SkyAuction. Sometimes WBC but not often. We have not tried Vistana or any of the Marriotts yet. They are on my list for the future. But I am curious about Silver Lake and Summer Bay since my sister wants a reasonable place to consider for a family reunion.

Silver Lake is a smaller resort, but it is very nice and the units are very nice as well. There is a newer section of the resort that has elevators, but we've only stayed in the older section and it was perfectly fine. I would not hesitate to book there if a unit came up for the time we're going.

Summer Bay has an older section as well - the Villas at Summer Bay. Stay away from those units because they're in the older section of the resort and most of the complaints that I see about the resort pertain to those units. In fact, we were supposed to stay there this past August in the Villas section through SkyAuction, but I chickened out after reading bad review after bad review, and found a SkyAuction last minute special at Cypress Palms for $260. I won't book Summer Bay again, no matter what section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!