Skyliner at CBR - Does a preferred room still make sense?

Thomasboys

Mouseketeer
We stayed at a preferred room at CBR in March of this year and have just booked for March 2020 with another preferred room at CBR. We loved the preferred room because of the close proximity to Centertown Market, the main food area, and because Martinique (where we stayed) was the first bus stop so we never had to worry about the bus being full. Because of this and the addition of the skyliner we've booked another preferred room.

However, when I was looking at the map it looks like the Skyliner was pretty far from the Martinique area. It looks like we can hop on any bus at the Martinique stop and just ride it to the next stop and get off for the Skyliner. But that got me thinking -- is Martinique still the way to go or would we be better off somewhere else on property?

It almost looks like we might be closer to the Riviera skylink station.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

I think Martinique is still very attractive-so nice to be that close to OPR and also being the first Bus Stop.

The Riviera Skyliner Station will be a very easy and short walk from Martinique providing a quick transport to Epcot(and can also be used as a means to travel to the CBR Skyliner Station).

My wife and I have a Pirate room - water view (yeah we do 😊 ) reserved for February 2020. Given those rooms are located in the Trinidad section it seems we'll be closer to the CBR station. I've seen a map where the walk isn't that far............who knows until we get there since we've never stayed at CBR before. Anyway you cut it, this should be better than a bus :)

Doug :goofy:

My wife and I have a Pirate room - water view (yeah we do 😊 ) reserved for February 2020. Given those rooms are located in the Trinidad section it seems we'll be closer to the CBR station. I've seen a map where the walk isn't that far............who knows until we get there since we've never stayed at CBR before. Anyway you cut it, this should be better than a bus :)

Doug :goofy:

Oooohhhh..you'll have to report back! Martinique is a decent walk from Trinidad. The property is really spread out.

Just back from a 2 week stay in Jamaica 43. Considering the skyliner is right next door too it, I'd much prefer it to preferred location at this point. :)

Was it a short walk from the pool area? If so, I think we might be ok walking across the bridge there to that area. I'm so curious to see how the Skyliner works in terms of wait times!

Was it a short walk from the pool area? If so, I think we might be ok walking across the bridge there to that area. I'm so curious to see how the Skyliner works in terms of wait times!

The pool isn't close, but it's not a bad walk from Jamaica. It's probably our favorite "village". If you check a map, you will see it's just a walk across a bridge, with really nice views, to the pool and Center Town area.

I could see Disney adding a premium to the Jamaica room locations with it being so closed to the Skyliner Staion. Making it a new room location category.

I could see Disney adding a premium to the Jamaica room locations with it being so closed to the Skyliner Staion. Making it a new room location category.
This is what I’m wondering about. I would say the rooms close to the skyliner may go up in price.

Martinique will be close to the Riviera station. IfI was going to Epcot, I’d use that one. But if I was going to DHS, I’d use the CBR station to avoid having to switch lines. We are going to Disney at the end of next month (32 days! :cool1:). We are booked Standard, so we requested Jamaica to be close to the Skyliner. And really, it’s only a short walk to the lobby and pool.

Martinique will be close to the Riviera station. IfI was going to Epcot, I’d use that one. But if I was going to DHS, I’d use the CBR station to avoid having to switch lines. We are going to Disney at the end of next month (32 days! :cool1:). We are booked Standard, so we requested Jamaica to be close to the Skyliner. And really, it’s only a short walk to the lobby and pool.

My husband's feeling is that he doesn't mind a farther walk on days we're spending more time at the hotel. He'd rather have a shorter walk to the skyliner as we'll be in parks those days.

ETA: I always feel like I should expect like a 3 to 5 mile walk when someone says the pool is far away. It can't be that far...

Oh! Please report back after your stay!!! Curious to know if the buses were full by the time they get to Jamaica? We loved staying in Martinique because we were always the first pick-up. We go during spring break so sometimes the buses get crowded during pick-up. It shouldn't be an issue with the HS and Epcot buses with the Skyliner opening up.

Last edited:
I just stayed at Aruba 55 and was right. next door to the Riviera station. And the Coke freestyle is in that bldg too

It's a pretty good bet that all the rooms that are close to the Skyliners will become Preferred Rooms as soon as the Skyliner opens. To me this is a bummer as it means that, in the case of Pop Century, the rooms that are furthest away from the busses will be more expensive because they're close to the Skyliner at Generation Gap Bridge. Thus you'll be paying $$$$ for those rooms - even though they're heck and gone from Classic Hall, and even when the Skyliner is shut down and you have to make that loooong walk to the busses.

Will the Riveria Skyliner station be open with the rest of the skyliner prior to that resort opening?

Posted photos show a bus stop at CBR skyliner station. I suspect internal buses will stop there

Busses will at least have to run to MK and AK anyway, so it is not like bus stops will be eliminated. (And as someone who has no desire to ride the death buckets, I hope they will still offer bus service to Epcot (Studios is dead to me, so I don’t care about that) as an alternative. Otherwise CBR, Pop, and AoA will be permanently off my list of places to stay.)

Busses will at least have to run to MK and AK anyway, so it is not like bus stops will be eliminated. (And as someone who has no desire to ride the death buckets, I hope they will still offer bus service to Epcot (Studios is dead to me, so I don’t care about that) as an alternative. Otherwise CBR, Pop, and AoA will be permanently off my list of places to stay.)
HS may be worth going with the new Star Wars Land , Toy Story Land , and the new ride that will open where the Great Movie ride was. I definitely will take the skyliner to Epcot and HS. I think it is going to be nice and can’t wait to try it out.

HS may be worth going with the new Star Wars Land , Toy Story Land , and the new ride that will open where the Great Movie ride was. I definitely will take the skyliner to Epcot and HS. I think it is going to be nice and can’t wait to try it out.

Nope. I am not that into Toy Story and have NEVER liked Star Wars.

And I have no desire to get in those not air-conditioned death buckets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter