SLS in July with Kids...tips?

Califlove

Mouseketeer
We are taking in some of the NBA Summer League mid July with our teenage sons ages 13 and 16 en route to LA/Disneyland. We are staying at the SLS at the North end of the strip.
Wondering how the hotel is for kids if anyone has stayed there (got it for $49/nt so it's happening whether it's good for kids or not! :tilt:).
Any recommendations about the hotel, wonderful places to eat (a delicious buffet?) or things to do in the area with kids this age would be great.
We have considered tickets to the Beatles LOVE show at The Mirage. Just waiting for the Cdn dollar to keep climbing before biting the bullet on those.
Other than that, probably just shop, have a few nice meals and take in the basketball.
Looking forward to seeing how Vegas has changed. Haven't seen her in about 25 years! :yay:

Hey, Im another big NBA Fan, I always wanted to see a bit of the summer league. Kids just isnt great for vegas, at 13 and 16 its not that bad. Your Hotel is off the strip and at far end, so even if you do go to strip its at seedy part of town. Bt they have a Monorail that dont cost much, that puts you right in the main section..They do have shows that teenage boys would enjoy, but wait and get tickets there at tix4tonight, booths all over, they much cheaper. Your Kids will porbbaly like staying at pool looking at "the babes" , then enjoy eating at hotel by themselves while you and hubby enjoy a night out, thats how I would do it

If you want to see the strip I suggest you walk it after dark. July temps get up consistently over 110 degrees Fahrenheit. There is a 9pm curfew for the kids unless you are with them. The water show at belagio is free to watch. And wait to get tickets until last day if you feel comfortable with that. Last minute tickets are usually cheaper IF they don't sell out. Again do what you feel comfortable doing. Be prepared also that the MGM resort hotels have started charging for parking and others may follow soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter