Small at home business name? Ideas please!

LunaMini

Believing is just the beginning...
Hi all! :flower3:

I wondered if you’d mind helping me out? I’m looking for a name for my small at home business and with being such a Disney addict, I thought it would be good to try and include something Disney/Magical into the name... Here’s a bit of info on my plans on it all, which may help, but then again it may not!

A few years ago, I worked from home full time with my mum, running an Embroidery and Garment printing business called Nagzone Embroidery. This only made me enough money to fall under the taxable limit, this was never that much of a problem because I was at home working, no commuting, no rent to pay and I was helping my mum look after my Nan.
When the recession hit, business really slowed and we had to make the choice to shut up shop. We sold all the equipment apart from the Embroidery Machine (industrial, 12 colour, single needle) because the company who manufactured it had gone bust and it was worth more to us to keep it, than to sell it.
We’ve used the machine plenty since stopping the business, both for personal stuff and items for friends, but it had slowly been developing faults and finally gave up the ghost last weekend while embroidering a friends school uniform! We’ve contacted the company we bought it from, but they have confirmed there are no parts available for it so it’s R.I.P faithful machine!
We’ve been thinking long and hard since this happened as to whether we want to replace the machine and have pretty much made our mind up that we can’t live without one! With the items that we embroider (saddlecloths, large jackets etc) we can’t go down the little hobby embroidery machines route, so are looking at a large outlay to replace the machine. To warrant the cost, the machine will have to earn it’s keep, so I’m going to start my little at home business in the evenings, perfect with winter fast approaching and not being able to get out on the horse! I still have an account with the wholesale clothing company, so will still be able to get hold of everything that I could before and would also like to branch into custom made items like Christmas stockings and gift bags too (I’m handy with a sewing machine too) My brain is going to explode with all my crazy ideas! :lmao:

The simple answer to the name conundrum is to open again as Nagzone Embroidery, but I feel it’s better to relaunch under something new and exciting! We now have social media to help keep work trickling in and I really hope this will help! I’ve come up with a few ideas for names, Enchanted Embroidery & Pixie Dust Embroidery, but I’m keen to hear if others have any inspiring names and this is where you all come it! Anyone have any ideas?

Hi all! :flower3:

I wondered if you’d mind helping me out? I’m looking for a name for my small at home business and with being such a Disney addict, I thought it would be good to try and include something Disney/Magical into the name... Here’s a bit of info on my plans on it all, which may help, but then again it may not!

A few years ago, I worked from home full time with my mum, running an Embroidery and Garment printing business called Nagzone Embroidery. This only made me enough money to fall under the taxable limit, this was never that much of a problem because I was at home working, no commuting, no rent to pay and I was helping my mum look after my Nan.
When the recession hit, business really slowed and we had to make the choice to shut up shop. We sold all the equipment apart from the Embroidery Machine (industrial, 12 colour, single needle) because the company who manufactured it had gone bust and it was worth more to us to keep it, than to sell it.
We’ve used the machine plenty since stopping the business, both for personal stuff and items for friends, but it had slowly been developing faults and finally gave up the ghost last weekend while embroidering a friends school uniform! We’ve contacted the company we bought it from, but they have confirmed there are no parts available for it so it’s R.I.P faithful machine!
We’ve been thinking long and hard since this happened as to whether we want to replace the machine and have pretty much made our mind up that we can’t live without one! With the items that we embroider (saddlecloths, large jackets etc) we can’t go down the little hobby embroidery machines route, so are looking at a large outlay to replace the machine. To warrant the cost, the machine will have to earn it’s keep, so I’m going to start my little at home business in the evenings, perfect with winter fast approaching and not being able to get out on the horse! I still have an account with the wholesale clothing company, so will still be able to get hold of everything that I could before and would also like to branch into custom made items like Christmas stockings and gift bags too (I’m handy with a sewing machine too) My brain is going to explode with all my crazy ideas! :lmao:

The simple answer to the name conundrum is to open again as Nagzone Embroidery, but I feel it’s better to relaunch under something new and exciting! We now have social media to help keep work trickling in and I really hope this will help! I’ve come up with a few ideas for names, Enchanted Embroidery & Pixie Dust Embroidery, but I’m keen to hear if others have any inspiring names and this is where you all come it! Anyone have any ideas?

How about bibidibopidibu Embroidered just for you .

Royal Ball Embroidery
Pixie Stitch Embroidery
When You Wish Upon a Stitch
Never Land Embroidery
Pixie Hollow Embroidery

Don't know if any of those would be considered copyright infringement....just popped into my head. Good luck!

Waahh! If only I was on this forum a few years ago when we were competing our horses I would of sent some business your way. Just got back into riding , but at a school, so not much need anymore. If I ever do need anything I'll look you up :D

Loving some of these! Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

When you stitch upon a star.

I have a little seeing business I do in my spare time too. I also though about making disney themed Xmas stockings. I sold my embroidery machine as I just never got on with it.

I wish you all the success in your business x

Yay!

Pleased to announce we've gone for Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!

We've chosen the new machine and we're collecting it at the end of this week/beginning of next week!
Very exciting!

Shocking Hocking, once we're up and running I'll be in touch about delivering you a little thank you gift! X

Yay!

Pleased to announce we've gone for Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!

We've chosen the new machine and we're collecting it at the end of this week/beginning of next week!
Very exciting!

Shocking Hocking, once we're up and running I'll be in touch about delivering you a little thank you gift! X

Yeah !! I'm so pleased you used my idea and really hope things go well for you xx exciting times a head

Ohhhhh! How could I nearly forget about your little gift Shocking Hocking for naming my little company! Sorry for the delay!

Would you like one of my little drawstring bags with an applique character on them?
This one I did last night featuring Pluto -
1455972_10153464724045581_1502452061_n.jpg

Not sure if you can see, but he's all furry!
1450321_10153464724055581_1509590382_n.jpg

I have the bags in green with the pocket, like the one pictured or white with no pocket. I can do different characters too, I'm slowly creating more designs.
1235021_657657704252035_1739740111_n.jpg

1004542_657657600918712_747747529_n.jpg

Let me know what you think and I'll get something sorted for you :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter