Small World like attraction at DL in ‘58?

studiojmm

Mouseketeer
My mother insists that she rode It’s a Small World at Disneyland in 1958. Given that the World’s Fair was 1964 and Small World didn’t move to Disneyland till 1966, that’s not actually possible. Any ideas what she’s remembering so strongly?

It's funny how we can remember things so strongly. My guess would also be that your mom is remembering the Canal Boats, but is mixing the memory with a memory of IASW from a later trip. (By the way, DLP is known around these parts as Disneyland Paris. DL is the usual abbreviation for Disneyland.)

It's funny how we can remember things so strongly. My guess would also be that your mom is remembering the Canal Boats, but is mixing the memory with a memory of IASW from a later trip. (By the way, DLP is known around these parts as Disneyland Paris. DL is the usual abbreviation for Disneyland.
Thanks. Corrected.

It's funny how we can remember things so strongly. My guess would also be that your mom is remembering the Canal Boats, but is mixing the memory with a memory of IASW from a later trip. (By the way, DLP is known around these parts as Disneyland Paris. DL is the usual abbreviation for Disneyland.)
It's funny how the mind works, isn't it? I went to Disneyland once as a teen. I swear I remember getting into the line for Dumbo with my cousin, but it was too long, so we turned to the right and went to Roger Rabbit, which was *right* next door. Like, the queue for Roger Rabbit curved around the side of Dumbo's queue. For several years, this was how I remembered it, and would even correct people who tried to tell me differently (ah, teenage know-it-all-ism at it's best!). Felt a bit sheepish when I took our daughter for the first time, and Roger Rabbit was no where near Dumbo! No idea how my mind had melded the two together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!