smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalidaz

Earning My Ears
Hi
Quick qUestion. My parents are coming with us and are both smokers and we will be staying one week at the akv and one at the bwv. I know that it is forbidden to smoke on the room balconies at akv but is that the case at all hotels?
Thanks

Yes, for several years now there has been a non-smoking policy in effect for the rooms, balconies and patios at all Disney resorts. Violations of the policy are subject to a $250 (??) fine.

Smoking is allowed in designated areas only. The Designated Smoking Areas thread has links to maps showing the designated smoking locations.

Directly from the Disney.com website:

Q.
Can I smoke on the patio or balcony of my Disney Resort hotel room?

A.
No. Guests may not smoke in their Disney Resort hotel rooms, on patios or on balconies. Each Disney Resort hotel features designated outdoor smoking areas.

Please, don't smoke on the balcony. My recent trip to BWV the people kitty corner from me were chain smokers on their balcony. Since they saw me on my balcony five feet away I was afraid to tell the front desk until we checked out. They even kept their door open all day, so possibly smoking in the room too! The balcony below them, actually dragged a living room chair outside so they could sit and smoke in comfort. Now we were on the 5th floor, but my daughter made the trek every morning and evening to the designated smoking area by exit door going to the pool area. Hopefully both were charged the smoking fee when the front desk and housekeeping went up to their room that morning. Both rooms were puffing away when we checked out! I did also contact MS who confirmed that Housekeeping has to have another CM to verify when making the assessment.

I took a family trip a couple months ago with family members who smoked. First night one of them goes out on the balcony to smoke. I threw an unholy fit and I am a smoker myself. It wasn't just the cleaning fee but smoke does leak back in the room.
Funny side story the DSA for the Paddock building I was in was directly in the path of a family with an oxygen dependent guest. Their room was on the first floor directly behind the DSA. So during daylight hours, when they might be out and about, I just moved my happy self to the curb across the street. I had one CM say something but I showed him my disposable butt container and told him about the oxygen issue he was cool with me staying there.

Since OP has her answer, I am closing this thread. Smoking is not really a DVC subject and threads discussing it tend to become debates. The Resorts Board has one thread open for those who want to discuss smoking policy at the WDW resorts.

The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter