Smoothie recipes that are healthy & somewhat kid friendly?

KY*Figment

DIS Veteran
My DH & I are Pooh size but wanting to get healthy. We have been eating better than in the past & exercising more. DH is far more dedicated than me. My oldest DD has been difficult so we are trying to clean up all of our diets. I bought a Ninja, today along w/ the fixings to make smoothies. Do any of you have any recipes? Maybe some to camouflage vegetables? Both DD are not big on veggies so I am trying to disguise them. We have cut meat out of our diet. We do eat fish & some dairy and eggs. We changed from milk to soy. I introduced flax seed tonight by cooking it on the fish. They didn't notice. So, back to the smoothies, any suggestions?

I put 2 cups of spinach or kale in all my smoothies and you can't taste it AT ALL. Swear! It turns my chocolate/peanut butter/banana smoothie an odd green color but you can't taste it. For that one, I use a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use Jay Robb because it's the only one that uses Stevia...we don't use any artificial sweetener in our house), a tablespoon of organic peanut butter, 4 oz of organic almond milk or coconut milk (not the kind out of a can but I use So Delicious - Jillian Michael from the Biggest Loser's brand), and 1/2 banana. Then I toss in 1/3 cup of frozen Earthbound organic spinach (I buy it from Costco) but you can use 2 cups of fresh.....1/3 of frozen is equivalent to 2 cups. Throw in a few ice cubes to taste and blend. I also do smoothies with blueberries, mangos, raspberries, strawberries, etc. Whatever I feel like and then throw in 2 cups of spinach or kale. The taste is hidden by the other ingredients so I'm getting in some veggies. All 3 of my kiddos love them (ages 15, 11, and 3).

I drink this yummy smoothie daily:

10 oz almond milk
1 scoop vanilla soy protein powder
1 banana
1/2 c blueberries
Handful of spinach
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Ice (8 to 10 cubes)

Very filling and tastes great!

i buy the Jamba ones that are frozen and u add juice and blend in blender....... we love them..............

All mine would be 2 servings

My favorite is

cup of milk
cup of plain non fat yogurt
banana
peanut butter
chocolate milk powder

then I'll do

frozen strawberries, blueberries, blackberries

or go tropical

canned pineapple, banana and a whole orange

I have yet to try and get veggies into mine just fruit.

I just usually do lowfat vanilla or plain yogurt with tsp of vanilla and splenda if needed, ice and fruit. i could never really get into juicing vegetables... maybe carrot juice?
for veggies try quiona stuffed portabellas or peppers topped with just a tiny bit of goat cheese or else 'oven fried' eggplant. very satisfying.

I love smoothies!

I like using non fat vanilla yogurt as a "base". And for fruit I like fresh, in season fruit, I like at least two fruits in my smoothie.
" strawberries & bananas
" strawberries & blueberries
" peaches & bananas
" raspberries & blueberries
And of course add some ice.
After I'm done making it I like to put whipped cream on the top ;)

If you use fresh (not frozen!) baby spinach and just throw in a handful or two into a fruit smoothie, you really can't taste it!

I typically do:

* 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
* 2 frozen bananas (chopped before freezing)
* berries of choice
* milk of choice

It's healthy, delicious, and gets in tons of vitamins and minerals without any junk!

Handful of spinach or kale
1 banana
frozen pineapple
Berries (usually strawberry or blueberry)
scoop of beet powder
almond milk

My problem is my thyroid. Can't do raw veggies. Any smoothies with cooked veggies that are low cal and good?

Favorite smoothie recipe:
1 or 2 scoops of Nature's Bounty Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix with Collagen & Fiber & Vit C
1 cup frozen spinach
1/2 cup of frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup of 1% milk or almond milk (or milk of choice)
tumeric powder
ceylon cinnamon
black pepper (you don't taste it - it activates the tumeric)
ice cubes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts