Smuggler's Run FP+ & Change to FP+ tiers

I'd say this depends on what you consider part of the queue. Technically all the preshow is still queue, as you're still waiting to get on the ride, and if the preshow didn't exist, it would just be a longer queue line. The elements before the preshow, Avatar is better. Though I do hate how long it seems you wait in the final hallway ala Soarin'. When you compare the total package, an hour total experience time for RotR is much more enjoyable than an hour total experience time (which is still extremely rare to find a wait that short) for FoP IMO.
And don't forget, RoR queue has benches! *clap*

And now both FoP and RoR have restrooms inside the queue too. Awesome.

I have always thought it was a bit ridiculous to allow the 60 day window guests to book ALL of the FPs for an attraction. It's one thing to give them first bite, but the only bite? They should hold back some availability until the 30 day window, even like 25%. I do realize of course the need to cater to onsite guests - the biggest problem is simply too much demand and not enough bandwidth.

Wouldn't guests who didn't get what they wanted at 60 days then just also try at 30 though? That would just increase the amount of people trying on 'your' day and they would still have advantage with length of stay.

Wouldn't guests who didn't get what they wanted at 60 days then just also try at 30 though? That would just increase the amount of people trying on 'your' day and they would still have advantage with length of stay.

True, but it still gives you a shot, as opposed to no shot at all.

I think people will choose their priority and possibly do the other ride park open/close, or do 2 days at HS and pick one of each.

That's what makes me wonder about MMRR/RoR. If they decide you have to choose a VQ and there's no standby, that basically locks out anybody from doing both in 1 day. I could see that making many guests unhappy.

I’m really interested to see what they do here.

I would have to think that there isn’t a whole new group of thousand and thousands of people who are going to be coming in for MMRR. What’s capacity like compared to RotR? Is it reasonable to think both attractions running VQ that cannot be held together does provide a chance to do both, depending on their rules (similar to old FP where you could grab another after a certain amount of time even if your ride time hadn’t passed)? Is it reasonable to think if ROTR remains the overwhelmingly popular choice, MMRR would go much slower? And if they are both popular choices, it helps ROTR availability?

Also concerning MMRR, I thought I saw in one of these threads this morning it was posted on the hub that FP is coming for that one? Am I totally imagining that?

Also concerning MMRR, I thought I saw in one of these threads this morning it was posted on the hub that FP is coming for that one? Am I totally imagining that?

There is a fastpass entrance, but no indication if it will be used from the start or not.

True, but it still gives you a shot, as opposed to no shot at all.
The system is a bit of a mess I think. Even staying on-site is problematic, unless you're there 6+ days.

We usually can't swing more than 5 days at WDW due to work/school. 5 days forces us to plan the harder parks at the end of the trip because no FoP, SDD, or 7DMT available until the 3rd day in the evening. Our last trip was 5 days in Dec. We were only able to work in the FP for FoP, and never got to ride SDD or 7DMT. We could've made it work (ropedropping or missing fireworks) but since we rode other trips, those rides got sacrificed.

That's making us change our trip style (along with price increases). Since planning is so much easier (and cheaper per day) doing a 7+ day trip, we'll do that and wait much longer between trips.

Holding back spaces just decreases the onsite advantage. What would be Disney’s motivation? Missing out on a few headliners at 30 days doesn’t seem to deter people from coming.
Right .. and as much as we dont like it, the length of stay bonus also encourages LONGER stays. The more hotels Disney has (and offiste ones they open up to 60-day window) the higher demand there is for those 60-day fast passes and it may get people to stay a bit longer to help lock those hard to get ones.

I know I have been tempted to stay longer, but the only time I was able to secure a FOP and SDD FP was by gaming the system and having my cousin (who was arriving days before us) make those hard to get fast passes for us.

With my usual 4-5 night stay, I dont expect to ever get a FP for those top tier rides that will be opening up soon. Which is a shame, because it sorta eliminates the onsite advantage -- may as well just stay offsite if I cant get the top tier fast passes at 60 days.

We may have just gotten massively lucky, but my FP day for a late March trip was Tuesday and I got my group of 8 on 7DMT at 60+1 (earliest time noon), FoP on 60+3, and SDD was available on 60+4 but it was afternoon (around 2 I think) so I didn’t take it as we have later days where I secured it.

Last October (party of 2) I was able to get 7DMT on 60+1, FoP on I want to say +3 and SDD on I think +4.

I believe Disney is hoping you'll say "I better stay club level so I can just pay for these fast passes".
LOL .. thats a big jump from the values.
If Disney offered better FP perks (besides the perk of paying MORE for parking your car) for staying at Moderates .. I may move up eventually (though I may jump up once the kids get older just do to space).

We may have just gotten massively lucky, but my FP day for a late March trip was Tuesday and I got my group of 8 on 7DMT at 60+1 (earliest time noon), FoP on 60+3, and SDD was available on 60+4 but it was afternoon (around 2 I think) so I didn’t take it as we have later days where I secured it.

Last October (party of 2) I was able to get 7DMT on 60+1, FoP on I want to say +3 and SDD on I think +4.

I had similar luck with my mid-March trip. Was able to get 7DMT at 60 days for 7 (evening time, but that's what I wanted anyway), FOP for 5 at 60+2 and SDD for 5 at 60+3 (late afternoon was the best I could do, but it works for us). With the changes today I was able to snag 2 more for SDD.

I personally like this new tier update for DHS.

Previously, you could only get one of: Tower of Terror, Rock and Roller, Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers. Regardless of Slinky Dog's status. Now you can get two of those and Millenium Falcon, if you can't get Slinky Dog. Way better.

If you can't get Slinky Dog Dash: your day at DHS:

Arrive early for ROTR BG Distribution, SDD rope drop, aim for Rock and Roller next, Swirling Saucers, MFSR FP, TOT FP, TSM FP, then Star Tours at your leisure.

Both AK and DHS have two rides on Tier 1 FP. I'd think FOP gets like 95-99% of the initial draw over Navi. SDD won't get as high of a draw compared to FOP. My guess is like 75% of the initial draw. Yes, it would be the more popular of the two, but not as much as FOP over Navi.

I personally like this new tier update for DHS.

Previously, you could only get one of: Tower of Terror, Rock and Roller, Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers. Regardless of Slinky Dog's status. Now you can get two of those and Millenium Falcon, if you can't get Slinky Dog. Way better.

If you can't get Slinky Dog Dash: your day at DHS:

Arrive early for ROTR BG Distribution, SDD rope drop, aim for Rock and Roller next, Swirling Saucers, MFSR FP, TOT FP, TSM FP, then Star Tours at your leisure.

Both AK and DHS have two rides on Tier 1 FP. I'd think FOP gets like 95-99% of the initial draw over Navi. SDD won't get as high of a draw compared to FOP. My guess is like 75% of the initial draw. Yes, it would be the more popular of the two, but not as much as FOP over Navi.

That works for about two weeks until Mickey & Minnie is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!