SNA- "scariest" airport? (takeoffs)

That's good to know! I haven't been there in at least five years, mostly because prices aren't competitive with other airports (and I have no reason to fly Jetblue).
I can give you plenty of reasons to fly Jetblue:
  • Staff does everything possible to be friendly and help those that need assistance.
  • Snacks are still included with your airfare.
  • They have the most legroom of any airline in Coach and if you need more, they have even more space seats
  • Their seats are more comfortable than other airlines
  • They offer free high speed WiFi on ALL flights now and it really is high speed and works well.
  • They never overbook their flights
  • Overall, they are onetime or nearly more than most of the other airlines
  • They treat everyone with dignity and respect
  • If something does get messed up, they fix it without complaining about having to do so
All of this is much more than I can say for competitors. The only other airlines that I have had good luck with are Virgin America and Delta. United is quite literally so bad that if I was forced to go with them, I would probably cancel my trip first.

By the way dont overlook Long Beach as a viable airport either. It is small, but security takes less than 5 minutes. Doesn't work for international flights, but domestic goes through there.

Last edited:

• Staff does everything possible to be friendly and help those that need assistance.
  • They have the most legroom of any airline in Coach and if you need more, they have even more space seats
  • They offer free high speed WiFi on ALL flights now and it really is high speed and works well.
  • If something does get messed up, they fix it without complaining about having to do so
All of this is much more than I can say for competitors. The only other airlines that I have had good luck with are Virgin America and Delta. United is quite literally so bad that if I was forced to go with them, I would probably cancel my trip first.
Cosigning this. I, too, hate United and LOVE JetBlue. JB also has SiriusXM and LIVE tv during flights, at least 30 channels, with individual monitors. For a tv-aholic like myself, that's golden.

Cosigning this. I, too, hate United and LOVE JetBlue. JB also has SiriusXM and LIVE tv during flights, at least 30 channels, with individual monitors. For a tv-aholic like myself, that's golden.
And the snacks are actually good ones and they have nut free snacks for those with nut allergies. For those with sever nut allergies they will even establish nut free zones upon request. Glad I dont have to deal with that, but I definitely support companies that have such great support of those with special needs of all sorts.

Those sound wonderful! If Jetblue ever flies a route that I want to fly, I might use them. (I used them all the time 20 years ago when I flew NYC-LA every month.)

By the way dont overlook Long Beach as a viable airport either. It is small, but security takes less than 5 minutes. Doesn't work for international flights, but domestic goes through there.

I just flew into Long Beach on JetBlue and out of SNA on Alaska for my recent Memorial Day trip. I'd never used either airport before. LGB was the first time I've ever deplaned onto tarmac! I liked the airport though, felt very California. I literally can tell you almost nothing about SNA other than security took me five minutes. I was SO exhausted after pounding the pavement at the parks for two days that I fell asleep the second I boarded the shuttle, made it through security, pretty much slept through my two hour wait in the terminal (I know I got a Starbucks that didn't wake me up at all), and slept on the flight basically from the moment I sat down. I have no idea if the ascent was steeper than at other airports (though I too have heard that) and I have no comment on Alaska's flight attendants because I interacted with them 0%. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!