Snack credits

kat9661

Earning My Ears
We are spending 4 nights pre cruise at WDW with the Deluxe Dining Plan. Looking for advice on snacks that travel well to enjoy in our room on the ship. Not all sugary sweets. We will likely have 20 or so snack credits.
Maybe we should just pay out of pocket instead of the plan!

Thanks,

Kathy

I mean there is a ton of food for free on the cruises so not sure the point really.

Also when are you at Disney? During a festival? You can use snack credits for that then as well.

I am not sure the savory snacks selections will travel and hold well. If you check out the blogs on youtube you will see a lot of snack options all over WDW and will be able to see if you can find some that you can take with you.

WE tend to use most of our snacks to stretch our meal credits, or to enjoy a Starbucks beverage, so if we have extra we pick up the snacks that we can give as souveniers (mint tins etc) or to use to snack on the plane ride home.

We went DXDP last trip and it's a wildly huge amount of food. We used all our credits, in part by treating a family in the Grand Floridian Cafe to their breakfast on our last day (in secret, the waiter just used our credits to cover their cash meal) We also took a LOAD of snacks home, but I am a huge fan of a mickey rice krispie treat.
If food is all included on the cruise you probably won't need the snacks

I am not sure the savory snacks selections will travel and hold well. If you check out the blogs on youtube you will see a lot of snack options all over WDW and will be able to see if you can find some that you can take with you.

WE tend to use most of our snacks to stretch our meal credits, or to enjoy a Starbucks beverage, so if we have extra we pick up the snacks that we can give as souveniers (mint tins etc) or to use to snack on the plane ride home.
Mint tins are a great idea. I’ll check out the videos!
I mean there is a ton of food for free on the cruises so not sure the point really.

Also when are you at Disney? During a festival? You can use snack credits for that then as well.
Thanks! Yes, there is tons of free food on cruises but we are traveling with a teenager who eats more than my husband and myself! Snacks would be munchies for the room. Thanks!
Kathy

I’m not sure what cruise ships limit these days. Check if you can bring just prepackaged food or any food onboard

Personally I would want to use all my snack credits on caramel

Don’t judge me :magnify:

I’m not sure what cruise ships limit these days. Check if you can bring just prepackaged food or any food onboard

Personally I would want to use all my snack credits on caramel

Me too!!!! Now I wish we were going to Epcot!

Don’t judge me :magnify:

We are spending 4 nights pre cruise at WDW with the Deluxe Dining Plan. Looking for advice on snacks that travel well to enjoy in our room on the ship. Not all sugary sweets. We will likely have 20 or so snack credits.
Maybe we should just pay out of pocket instead of the plan!

Thanks,

Kathy

You didn't mention if you'd made your ADRs yet. One common DxDP strategy is to only do two meals a day, including one signature meal or dinner show. You'd then use the snack credits more to "fill in the corners" between meals.

If you do have leftover snack credits, your best bet would be to look for packaged snacks - savory or sweet, fresh-prepared items generally don't keep or travel well.

Im not sure but maybe you could get the bagged sweets and popcorn and use that instead of paying for it at the theatre..which i think is an upcharge on DCL?

Im not sure but maybe you could get the bagged sweets and popcorn and use that instead of paying for it at the theatre..which i think is an upcharge on DCL?

The brownies in the caramel shop are good, I ate mine two or three days later and it was fine. Things like the crispy bars look like they’d last too. Not sure about savoury snacks though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter