The Cast:
Me - Julie (41)
DH - John (45)
DD - Abbey (19)
DS - Lewis (12)

Pre-trippie

Day 1 - Travel

Monday 17 October

This part is short and a wee bit about our overnight stay in Liverpool before our flight

We packed up the car and left home around 10:15 and headed into Glasgow to drop eldest DS at Uni before heading on our way. We hit roadworks and were stuck for about an hour before we had even gone very far but were soon on the M6. A quick stop at Southwaite services for our lunch and then onwards to Liverpool.

Google Maps man decided to take us a detour via various areas surrounding Liverpool and we finally arrived at our destination - Aigburth Travelodge - at 15:30. We had a good laugh at the pronunciation of Travelodge by the Google Maps man, very posh.....

Checked into our family room which was nice, clean and just what we needed for an overnight stop.

The Travelodge is on a main dual carriageway with a Toby restaurant next door. We went for an explore and found a shopping/retail park only 5 minutes along so we headed there to find somewhere to eat. Wandered the shops for a bit and Abbey got a new bag and a Tsum Tsum from Clintons that she'd been searching for. Had dinner at Pizza Hut which was lovely and then drove into Liverpool centre for a nosey around.

We weren't looking for anything in particular so headed towards Albert Dock and parked just outside the Beatles Experience.

It wasn't open so we had a wander around

Abbey getting a bit fed up being smaller than her brother so she jumped up for this pic

We ended up going on the big wheel (complete tourists :laughing: )

It got dark really quickly whilst we were up there

Nipped into the Beatles shop to pick up something for eldest DS who is a Beatles nut, and then drove back to the hotel. Lewis was desperate to watch the football so he watched that on the ipad and we just watched tv and chilled - looking forward to the morning :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!