Me - Julie (41)
DH - John (45)
DD - Abbey (19)
DS - Lewis (12)

Pre-trippie
Day 1 - Travel

Day 2 - Tuesday 18 October

Socks for today

We all slept well and were up and out by 10:30 for the short drive to Liverpool airport. Parked at the long stay car park and headed into the airport. Through security very quickly, literally no-one else there, and headed to the Wetherspoons downstairs for some sausage and bacon rolls.

Stroll around the shops, Lewis got a football top and DH and Abbey both got sunglasses. Whilst paying my card was checked and they had to call the bank to check it was ok. The manager of the shop said it happens frequently if your card is used in an area that's not normal. I'd called the bank to say we were going to France - didn't think I'd need to tell them I was going to Liverpool too :laughing:

Soon we were on our way, flight took off on time at 13:00.

IMG_1518.JPG

We landed ahead of schedule at CDG. We only had hand luggage for this trip so were through security and into arrivals at 15:30, which is when the flight was due to be landing. Ezyshuttle were waiting for us:worship: and the driver remembered us from a previous visit - first class service again from them :thumbsup2

Arrived at Hotel New York at 16:15ish and checked in. Our room was on the ground floor, Gramercy Park 185 terrace room.

Some lovely pixie dust as we entered the room pixiedust:

Balloons and a lovely card from the hotel to wish me a happy birthday

The room is also right at the start of the Village so very handy for Lewis and I to nip out for EMH!

Last edited:
Plan now was to go to the Studios and see the last showing of the day of Mickey and the Magician at 17:15. I wanted to tick this off the list today so we didn't need to rush back to the Studios tomorrow, our only full day of the holiday.
Off we went through the Village, and soon we were through the gates using our new annual passes for the first time :teeth: That made me soooooo happy :flower1:

There was already quite a queue for the show so we joined it. I think it must have been about 16:50 by now.

Soon we were seated inside and got almost perfect seats in the centre of the theatre. Lewis and I had watched a bit of the show on youtube but DH and Abbey hadn't seen anything and I was so excited as I knew Abbey would love it.

From what we did get to see it was amazing, but after about 15 minutes an announcement came on to say that the show had been cancelled :confused:

Feeling a bit disappointed we left here and went for a wander to say hello to Guido and Luigi

And then onto Place de la Remy for a visit to our favourite rat.

Single rider line was showing on 5 minutes so we hopped on and enjoyed the ride. I got soaked near the end! Single rider is so handy for us now that Lewis is older - the standard queue time was 60 minutes and even the fast pass line looked long.

Feeling hungry now we left the studios and went over to Annette's. We'd missed this last year (first time ever) so felt we owed it a visit. There was a bit of a queue outside but we didn't wait more than 10 minutes.

We all had a Rock n Roll burger and thoroughly enjoyed it :thumbsup2

Now time for the park :cheer2:

The fountains and area around the Disneyland Hotel is looking really nice - fresh paving and the lighting on the fountains was so pretty.

Family selfie

Disneyland Park sign missing.....

Annual passes worked again ::yes:: and soon we were inside. I absolutely adore the halloween decorations and this just looks amazing in the dark..

Town Square looked fantastic too

We strolled up Main St taking it all in and then headed into Liberty Arcade at Floral St, with a stop at Dapper Dans bearded mirror...

Phantom Manor was the next destination. By the time we got out of the covered walkway into Frontierland, the rain had started. Off we went and I could see Jack Skellington still at his meet point. PM was a walk on, the CM tonight was really funny. Someone had a mobile phone on and he kept telling her to turn it off. It kept ringing and he tried to grab it off her to answer it. I'm not sure if he actually spoke to the person calling but everyone inside had a good laugh. PM was good, everything working :thumbsup2

Big Thunder Mountain is obviously closed and it did feel strange not hearing it going round the tracks. Green fences surround the area and it's decorated in some parts.

Still raining, we left Frontierland and went over to Adventureland for Pirates. Showing a 5 min wait, was another walk on.

The park was open until 9pm tonight so I was happy that we'd be able to see some of Fantasyland lit up as it's usually closing in preparation for Dreams at this time.

I just adore this ride at night ....another walk on.

Now over to Discoveryland, via Small World. We didn't actually go on, but this too looks lovely lit up

We hopped on Orbitron another walk on

Buzz was showing 15 min wait, but we didn't bother and said we'd do that during EMH.

Lots of people waiting for Dreams now we decided to leave it until tomorrow and stopped in at the Cable Car bakery to pick up some doughnuts to have back at the hotel. The queue was quite long with only one CM serving - after about 10 minutes another CM came to help out and we were soon on our way.

Dreams had started and we watched a bit before making our way to the exit. Then we saw a family go up the stairs at the entrance to Main St station, so we followed behind and watched Dreams from the platform for a bit.

Not the best of views but was nice anyway. We didn't watch it all and left the park and headed to World of Disney.

Last edited:
Inside World of Disney we had a good nosey around.

No, he didn't buy them :rotfl:

We all picked a mug each, I got some Mickey dish towels and Lewis got a new pin. Off through the Village now and had fun with the halloween props.

More shopping, this time Abbey got a Genie T-shirt and I got a Minnie fleece. This was a real bargain, 50% off and then Shareholder discount so it was 16.99 in the end. Lewis was disappointed to see the Lego shop closed. I asked the CM in the shop we were in and he said there had been an event on earlier and they'd closed up afterwards. He assured me it would be open again tomorrow.

Back in the hotel now I called housekeeping to ask for a kettle to be delivered and we all had showers and got ready to settle down. As I drank hot chocolate from my new mug and ate my strawberry doughnut with white chocolate on the top, I realised it was the same one in the picture as Minnie has on my new mug!

Lights out for 11ish - who would be up for EMH tomorrow?

Erm helllloooo have you been putting Lewis to bed in a grobag? When did he get so tall????

Erm helllloooo have you been putting Lewis to bed in a grobag? When did he get so tall????

Lol, yes he has grown massively in the last 6 months. New clothes & shoes constantly. Funnily enough he had one of those grobag sleeping bags as a baby :rotfl2:

Ezyshuttle were waiting for us:worship: and the driver remembered us from a previous visit - first class service again from them :thumbsup2

Your comment about Ezyshuttle reminded me that I need to arrange transportation from our Paris hotel to DLP. Do you know if they provide that type of service, or strictly airport shuttles?

Your comment about Ezyshuttle reminded me that I need to arrange transportation from our Paris hotel to DLP. Do you know if they provide that type of service, or strictly airport shuttles?

Yes, I think they do. I know they offer Paris tours. If you visit their website you can email and ask. They are fab

Yes, we've used them to transfer from a Paris hotel to DLP before. :thumbsup2

Aw Julie, you all look so happy in your photos! We're about to book for Halloween next year and I'm so excited ..... and guess what, I think we're going to book HNY!

I don't come over to this bit very often these days but so glad I did, as I saw your TR and always love reading them!

You do look so happy - you all do! Who wouldn't though in the magical place. I'll read up more tomorrow on the rest - can't wait!

PS - agree about Lewis - OMG, he's just sooo tall now. Abbey is still as lovely as ever - bless her! Hope Mark is well too!

Yes, we've used them to transfer from a Paris hotel to DLP before. :thumbsup2

Aw Julie, you all look so happy in your photos! We're about to book for Halloween next year and I'm so excited ..... and guess what, I think we're going to book HNY!

Exciting Elaine :cool1: you must be looking forward to going back. And if you do stay at HNY then you'll get to use the hairdyer :laughing:

I don't come over to this bit very often these days but so glad I did, as I saw your TR and always love reading them!

You do look so happy - you all do! Who wouldn't though in the magical place. I'll read up more tomorrow on the rest - can't wait!

PS - agree about Lewis - OMG, he's just sooo tall now. Abbey is still as lovely as ever - bless her! Hope Mark is well too!

Thank you :goodvibes Glad you enjoy reading along. Lewis is towering above both Abbey and I and almost at his dad's height now, poor Abbey is the same as she was when she was about 13 :rotfl:and Mark is very well too - thank you for asking :goodvibes

Thank you :goodvibes Glad you enjoy reading along. Lewis is towering above both Abbey and I and almost at his dad's height now, poor Abbey is the same as she was when she was about 13 :rotfl:and Mark is very well too - thank you for asking :goodvibes

Glad they are all well! It's lovely to see them still enjoying DLP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter