Snow Storm, Cruise Changes, 5k's, Back-2-Back and Turning 30: Disney Wonder 2018 Adventure

DMMarla07860

DIS Veteran
Cast:
Julia(Me): I'm 30 years old, turned 30 on March 11th, but more on that later. I love Disney Cruises, Disney World, Disney, Training, Working Out, The Gym, Brooklyn Nets, and I'm pretty easy going.

Larry(Dad): Likes Vacations, Disney Cruises, and is easy going too

When March 3rd-15th, 2018

March 2nd-March 3rd, 2018

A big snow storm hit NJ, NYC, and area's around here. Dad and I were supposed to leave from Newark March 3rd in the morning. Power went out on March 2nd around 8:00pm, almost made it, >:(. So we slept through the night, still no power in morning and our flight was delayed till later, but it wasn't cancel :thanks:. Now my mom doesn't like vacations, so my dad got the generator all set and we said goodbyes and hoped the power would come on soon. We drove to Newark, parked in the regular lot we park in, took the bus to the terminal, checked in and check our bags and went through security. After getting through security we headed to see where out gate was and also grab some breakfast. We ate at CBGB's in the airport.
I got a OJ

Dad stressing the power is out.

My Breakfast

I saw I was tagged on the Brooklyn Nets Instagram page during breakfast.

After eating we waited around and then grabbed a few things for the plane. I got this.

the plane got there and we boarded and were on our way to Orlando.

Next up: We are Here

Glad you made it out. You dad looks a bit worried. I hope things quickly improved at home so he was able to enjoy the trip.

We got to Orlando, got off the plane, got our luggage which came fast and were headed to pick up the rental car at budget. I checked facebook to see if we had power and nope we did not. We drove to WDW and to the hotel. We were stay at the Yacht Club for a night. We checked in and got or room and check it out.

We headed over to Epcot after that.

We decided to walk around an grab some food since it was late afternoon and we were hungry and needed a drink. So we walked around, took pictures and bought food.

We continued doing what we were doing.

Dad called home to see if power was back on and it wasn't yet, we continued walking around and talking videos and eating.

We rode Spaceship Earth

We then went to ride Soarin' at our fastness time. After that we walk around again and took pictures.

We watched the fireworks

We then headed back to the hotel for the night.

Next Up: A Stressful, but exciting morning

Thanks for the post! I have not seen the updated YC rooms and now having seen them, I think I prefer the look of BC. Those look so plain! All the food looked good!

March 4th, 2018

We woke up early. Made some coffee

Dad went to that some pictures. I got dressed and ready.

Dad came back and we headed to the boardwalk bakery for breakfast.

We walked back to the room after that.

We finished getting ready, then Dad called mom and found out more information about the power not being on. So after that he called a old co-worker to hook up our generator here, so we got a late start and left around 9:00am. The ride was uneventful minus calls home to make sure generator was good to go. Dad stressing had me stressed so I had a breakdown, but after that I let it all go.

We went to Ron Jons and then went to drop the car off at budget and then got the shuttle to port. They had started boarding, so we checked in and went straight onto the ship

Next Up: We are on the Disney Wonder

Joining in! I love all your pictures of the topiaries at EPCOT, I can't wait to see them next week! We are going on the Wonder 4/5-4/8, so I can't wait to see all your ship pics!

I'm in CT and we've gotten a ton of snowstorms here this winter too, it's just awful >:( Hope the power came back soon!

I forgot to mention in the last part, on the way to port someone from the cruise mentioned our cruise changed. Wasn't sure if it was true or not, but it ended up being true. We ended up going Castaway Cay twice instead of St. Maarten.

So we boarded the Disney Wonder and headed up to Cabanas for lunch.

After lunch we got drinks of the day from the bar, buying from the bar I feel it's less watery.

After that we headed to see about the alcohol tastings, we ended up signing up for the Rum tasting since we already had a group mixology and open bar booked. We walked around to explore the Wonder some more.

Staterooms were ready so we went to check ours for the next two weeks out.

Next Up: Sailing Away

Loving your review! We signed up for our first "Open Bar" on our upcoming cruise? How did you like it? Was it worth it?

Loving your review! We signed up for our first "Open Bar" on our upcoming cruise? How did you like it? Was it worth it?

The Open bars I've done have been totally worth it, drinks and meeting new people it's great

We headed to Crown & Fin for our groups meet up. Got the Bourbon Fiz drink.

Met some nice people at the meet and this time I actually went up to a few and talked with him and got there chat id numbers. After that I walked around a bit since we had time before the drill.

Went back to the stateroom to relax and unpack and took a picture to send to friends telling them where we were going now.

Next we went to the drill on deck 4. It was the same as always. After the drill went back to the stateroom to grab my camera and headed up to see the Sailaway party.

We started sailing out of port so watch that a bit.

Went down to deck 4 and watched with Dad for a while.

I went back to the stateroom to get ready for the show tonight and dinner as well. Dad walked around

Nice updates! I was looking to see if my cousins, aunt, and uncle were in any of your pics since you were all on the same cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!