Snow Storm, Cruise Changes, 5k's, Back-2-Back and Turning 30: Disney Wonder 2018 Adventure

Following along. I was at WDW the same time as you, but didn't visit Epcot the day you did. I hope you had fun on the cruise!

So I got ready, dad got back and got ready too. I headed up to grab us seats for the show. It was a welcome aboard show and just kind of a preview of the cruise to come. The Captain did come out and tell us why the cruise was changed, and it really explained a lot.

After the show, but Dad and I went to get a drink at The Cadillac Lounge. The only night we went there, but we will save that part for later. I got this.

After our drinks and listening to the person play some piano, we headed to dinner which was at Tiana's Place tonight. We met our servers Jose and Sweetson and also the head server Alberto. We also met our tablemates, a mother and daughter. This is the one place i wanted to try because we hadn't been on the Wonder since 2011. For dinner I had

After dinner we went to the room to see what towel animal was there.

Dad met our stateroom host Mario, who was great for our cruises. I met him earlier in the day. After that I headed up to Azure for Wonder Quest and got my first experience seeing Jo is action, she is amazing. I met up with Nick for that. After that I talked with Nick who I had met earlier in the day and we just chatted, since it was really rocking tonight Nick left early and we did have Castaway Cay tomorrow too. When he left I probably got a Chocolate Martini from Denton or Jayson. Can't remember what I did for sure after that, but I think i went to drink 9 to get some soda and then called it a night and headed to the room.

Brushed my teeth and passed out pretty fast. Also don't know if I mentioned earlier, we saw or friend Mario and were surprised in a good way that he was on we met him on the Fantasy in 2013 when he was a bartender, then he remembered us when we cruised the Magic in 2015, saw him again on the Magic in 2016 and now the Wonder in 2018. This time he was in whites.

March 5th, 2018-Castaway Cay

So we both slept in a bit today, Dad got up and got ready and went to get us some coffee. I got ready for the day. Dad got back and I finished getting ready. We headed up to Cabana's for breakfast.

After eating we walked around the top deck a bit.

We headed back to the room and brushed our teeth and got ready for the beach.

I left to head out onto the island while dad said he would meet me there.

So I got off the ship and headed to the Serenity Bay. I grabbed a chair and relaxed.

I sent a text to dad letting him know where I was.

Dad got off the ship

He met up with me at the adult beach. We relaxed some more.

I got us drinks from the bar.

We relaxed a bit more on the beach and then decided to go get some lunch, adult area buffet was crowded so we headed to the family beach area and had lunch.

After lunch we rented bikes and took a bike ride. I decided I wanted to do this because I've been training with my trainers Beau and Alicia since October 2015 and felt it would be some good exercise. After I got the hang of riding again it was cool to do.

So after finishing up our bike ride, we went over to Heads Up Bar for drinks and picture taking.

We both go Konk Koolers

It was about 1:30-2:00pm, so we decided to head back to the ship since we would be here two more times. We of course took a few pictures.

So we got on the Wonder and I split up with Dad. I decided I'd go hit the gym. Remember I have been training with personal trainers since October 2015. I was doing the 5k at the end of the week and on the 4 night as well and I knew I was eating extra and drinking, so I needed to workout most days.

After the gym I grabbed a drink of the day for signals then headed back to the room to shower.

I took a shower and got ready for the show and dinner. Dad came back after his afternoon and got ready. I headed up to the theatre and grabbed us seats. Tonight's show was Taylor Mason and he was funny, we've seen him a few other times. After the show, we headed down to Crown & Fin for drinks and 50's & 60's Trivia with Jo. Jo was the club host this cruise and she truly is the nicest, friendliest, and Funniest host. Dad and I of course were bad at it tonight, we got better kind of as the cruise went on. Next up was dinner. Tonight we were in Triton's I had these for appitezers,

Next up was the salad,

Main Course I went healthier,

It wasn't tasty. Desset i had this,

After dinner we headed to the room to change and found this.

Tonight we had the Rum tasting, so we headed up to Cove Cafe for it. I'm not knowledgeable about rum, so it was cool to try something different and new for myself. It was before this started that my Dad and I found out the power came back on at home. I found out through neighbors and he had a email from my mom. So he relaxed a bit after that, though he was still a bit stressed with the next snow storm coming, but at least my mom had power. So we did the Rum tasting and then after we split up, I went to watch Martin Rowlands in the Promenade Lounge for a bit and then went to Azure and met up with Nick. I got a chocolate martini and we talked. Of course Denton and Jayson were awesome in Azure again this night. It wasn't crowded.

Nick and I walked around a talked a bit and then Nick called it a night after a bit.
I headed and grabbed another Chocolate Martini and then headed to grab a drink on deck 9. I then headed to the stateroom and called it a night. Dad was back in the room when I got in. I got ready for bed and then passed out.

Next Up: Sea Day

March 6th, 2018

Today was our first sea day. We both got up. Dad went to grab us coffee while I got ready for the day. We both finished getting ready and then headed up to Cabanas for breakfast. I had this

After breakfast we went back to the room and brushed our teeth. I decided I'd head to the gym to do some workout circuit my trainer Beau gave me and some Cardio he suggested as well.

I'm not sure what my dad did. I decided to go to the Anyone Can Cook: Lobster Ravioli thing at the D Lounge. It was nice and we got to try Lobster Ravioli and some wine. Went to check out the stores after that, then headed to the room to change out of sweaty clothes. Walked around a bit and then headed to grab some lunch.

Went and got a mojito and a slice or two of pizza, and headed to the stateroom.

Dad came back and we headed up to the open bar event we had. This open bar was different then in 2015. It was in Cadillac Lounge and less crowded. Met and talked with some great people though, for this open bar they also had two types of mixed drinks already made for us to take, plus we could order different types we wanted. After the open bar I headed to the stateroom and split up with my dad. Here's how I felt.

I took a little nap, Dad came back and I took a shower and got ready for formal night. We took a few pictures in the room.

I headed up to grab a free Drink at the Captain's Welcome Reception and then got us some seats for the show, tonight with was The Golden Mickey's. Dad joined me. I didn't fall asleep this time. After the show we headed down to play 70's Music Trivia in Crown and Fin with of course the wonderful and great Jo, we didn't do well again. After that was dinner, we grabbed more free drinks on the way though. Dinner was in Animator's Palate tonight. I had this

After dinner went to the stateroom where we saw this waiting.

I changed and then headed to Azure to see Taylor Mason, after that I hated with Nick again. I got a Chocolate Martini or two.

Then Nick and I walked around the ship for a while talking and chatting. After a while we called it a night and headed our different ways. I headed to grab and drink on deck 9 and then went back to the stateroom. Got ready for bed and passed out.

Next Up: Sea Day

March 7th, 2018

Another sea day, so we slept in a bit. Dad got up and went to get us some drinks and I got ready for the day. Dad got back and we drank our drinks and decided where to go for breakfast, today we headed to Triton's.

I got this for breakfast.

After breakfast we went back to the room and brushed our teeth then I got ready and headed up to the gym. Did my workout and then went to the Anyone Can Cook-Mushroom Risotto. After that went back to change in the stateroom, then I saw Stitch was doing pictures on Deck 5, so went to see Stitch.

Went to the stores and bought a few things and then went to the room again to drop it off. After that walked around a bit. Got some lunch from deck 9.

Got a drink as well.

Headed to play some Trivia in Crown and Fin because I couldn't miss Trivia with Jo, of course I wasn't good, but it's fun. After that got the drink of the day.

Headed back to the room to take a shower and get ready for the show. It was movie night, which meant seeing The Black Panther. The movie was good, after that dad headed back to the room and saw this.

I headed up to deck 9 for pirate night since today it was between the show and dinner. Dad went as well.

It was time for dinner now so we headed down to Animator's Palate for dinner, I grabbed a beer before heading down. Dinner was good.

Headed to Azure after that for intuition and then Movie Tunes Trivia. Then after that was Crazy Karaoke. Nick didn't join me this night, but that fine. I got my regular Chocolate Martini.

When karaoke was over I decided to leave Azure and go around taking videos and pictures.

Headed up to grab a soda and then went to the room for the night.

Brushed my teeth and got ready for bed and passed out.

March 8th, 2018-San Juan, Puerto Rico

Dad woke up early and went to explore the ship and get us coffee this morning.

I got up and ready and we went to grab breakfast in Cabana's.

We walked around the ship a little.

Today we were doing the Bacardi Factory Rum excursion. We we headed to meet up for that. And headed off the ship and too the shuttle to get there. It was a hot day so wore sun screen. San Juan is my favorite port. We got to the factory and got pagers and waited.

The tour started.

After the tour was complete we went on got our free Drinks.

We then took the bus back to town. We decided to grab some lunch so we started walk to Barrachina where we were eating.

We enjoyed lunch and our drinks.

We walked around after lunch

After Starbucks we headed back to the Wonder. Went to the stateroom and I got dressed and headed to the gym to get a workout in.

After that went back to the stateroom and took a shower and changed and then headed up to deck and grabbed a drink and watched us sail out of port.

Next up my Dad and I went to see JUNNK family show in the Walt Disney Theatre. They were awesome yet again, we saw them in 2015. After that went to play 80's Trivia in Crown & Fin with Jo and of course it was awesome like the other nights. We headed to dinner at Tiana's Place after that and it was good. I had this.

There was a show/parade tonight.

We headed back to the stateroom and saw this.

Tonight they had Match Your Mate in Azure, The Hulk and his wife were a couple along with two others couples. It was funny yet again. After that everyone rushed to see A Wrinkle In Time since it was the Movie PremEAR on this cruise on this night. I will say I saw some of it, but it wasn't my cup of tea, so I ended up sleeping through most of it, didn't help the ship was rocking tonight too. After that headed down to Azure to grab a drink or two and say hey to my favorite bartenders Jayson and Denton and then I headed to get a drink on deck 9 before heading to the stateroom. I was tired and passed out shortly after getting back.

March 9th, 2018

Today was a sea day. We had brunch at Palo this morning at 10:00am, so instead of breakfast I got up and headed to the gym. Got a workout in then headed to Palo with Dad for brunch.

It was great as always and here's what I had.

We left Palo and headed back to the room.

We got dressed into regular clothes for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!