Snowglobe Repair?

Linzybrooke

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know anything about who to get in touch with to repair a snowglobe thats seal broke? I work at The Disney Store and one of our guests came in this weekend and all the water had leaked out of her favorite globe due to a faulty seal. She asked me if I knew anyway to fix it as she has only had it since Christmas.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you ever find out the answer to this, I'd really like to know too. My brother collects snow globes and he's had a few through the years that have done the same.

Do an internet search on snowglobe repair and a couple of places should pop up. I found someone in Minn. for a co-worker.

Cyn

Thanks for the infomation. I have a large one from Walt Disney's 25th Anniversary where the water has turned yellow and there are "things" floating inside. They are not Disney characters. It's pretty gross.

:thanks:

I would like to know aswell! We are moving and as I packed up my snowglobes, I noticed one of them leaked! I am really upset :( Also, the water is a yellowish shade. I thought about contacting Disney and asking them. I can't exchange it since I have had it for quite a few years and they don't make that particular one anymore!

I need some help identify a few things. in 2000-2001 I purchased a snowglobe for my wife. Early in 2003 it was knocked over and carelessly discarded by me and I have never lived it down.

I am in search of a replacement piece. But my memory has lapsed. I need help. I purchased it at a Disney store in 2000-2001. I think it was the one on this web page described as Storytime With Christopher Robin Snowglobe.

Can anyone verify if this snowglobe was made during that time. and what’s its name is.

I dont recall if it was that piece or 100 Acre Wood Snow globe on the webpage

Was this item on sale at the time as well?

if anyone can help me out it would be appreciated.

my email is

iceman0181 at hotmail
please put snowglobe in the email heading so it wont be discarded by spam blockers.

Marc

I happen to be looking for the same thing and found this web site. It might be of help. It did not come out on this as a hyperlink but musicboxesetc, should get you to the site

Click here: Music Boxes Etc. Music Box & Snow Globe Repair Service

G. Hicks

This is an old thread but came up when I was googling snow globe repair. I was wondering if anyone had any luck? Found several repair sites, looks like it'll be a costly affair. I have a nice size collection, some over 20 years old now. 3 need repair. One is a small Alice in Wonderland one where the base looks like it shifted and the water is gunky and has those gross hunks floating. I see no glitter. Then there's a huge double decker Christmas one that also has hunks. I think it was originally snow and not the usual glitter. I don't see a shift in the base though. The last is a favorite. It's Dopey in the well and when wound he rises in and out of the well in the bucket. At some point the water leaked but the moving part still works but I noticed a few repair sites saying they didn't repair globes with moving parts.
Looking for any experience or recommendations on what websites are good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!